5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Coffee Date with a Friend, December 30, 2010
Edie Chapman (san diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding (Paperback)
Arlene Pellicane has struck gold with her insightful tips to make a real difference in the heart, body and soul of today's woman. Her writing is authentic, and her suggestions for creating a joyful life that leads to youthfulness, health, and balanced living, reinforced by the many quick interviews with real women, ring true.

Written in a style that allows for daily reflection and application, 31 Days to a Younger You provides daily practical applications that nurture the spirit, body and mind, the perfect RX--rejuvenation and eXpression--that will lead to lasting change.

After reading this book, you come away feeling like you've had coffee with a good friend--encouraged,lightened, and inspired to make the changes you KNOW you want and need to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, Positive and Pro-Active, December 25, 2010
Dr. David Frisbie (Rancho Santa Fe, CA) - See all my reviews
Here's a make-over plan that starts from the inside --- and works out!

In 31 short and easy-to-read chapters, author Arlene Pellicane takes you to healthier, happier places --- without the guilt, botox and fad-diets. Imagine that!!

Arlene knows health, fitness, nutrition --- and women. In these positive pages she unlocks the keys to a better self-image, showing all of us how to move forward. If you're a woman who has given birth recently, you'd also enjoy Arlene's earlier book "Losing Weight After Baby" --- available as an audio book right here on Amazon.

Five Stars ---- here's a helpful book that gives you 31 days to a younger, fresher, healthier life and lifestyle.

Lisa & David Frisbie
THE CENTER FOR MARRIAGE & FAMILY STUDIES
Del Mar, California

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I want all my girlfriends to read!, January 3, 2011
This book is like having a intimate conversation with the author, Arlene Pellicane. She is so truthful and open with her own life. Each day is fun and easy to read with helpful questions and activities that make it easier to put the lessons and suggestions into practice. I recommend it for every lady feeling she is getting older and needs some positive encouragment along this journey of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daily Encouragements, February 15, 2011
I thought by the title of this book that it would be a book of beauty tips. It's more than that. It is an easy to read book of 31 daily encouragements that focus not only on ways to look younger on the outside but to actually feel younger and more energized on the inside. The message is that when a woman has a sense of well-being and feels good spiritually, emotionally, and physically, she naturally looks and acts younger.

This isn't just a "feel good" Pollyanna type book. The author also shares her personal challenges and how God's grace helped her through them. Each chapter (day) starts with a topic to consider then ends with questions to help the reader ponder how she can apply what she's read. Pellicane combines practical ideas for well-being and beauty with biblical applications. The book is divided into three sections: Your Personal Rx For the Heart, Your Personal Rx for the Mind, and Your Personal Rx for the Body. Topics include beauty tips, fitness and nutrition, organization and simplification, drawing closer to God, and improving relationships with family and others.

One of my favorite chapters was day 19, Closed for Renovations, which addressed the need to sometimes withdraw from responsibilities in order to focus on areas in personal life that need care.

This isn't a deep book but for someone who wants practical daily encouragement that focuses on becoming a healthier, more balanced, and more vibrant version of herself, this is a good place to start with brief, easy to read chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Recipe for Feeling Good About Yourself!, April 6, 2011
Karen O'Connor "wordykaren" (Watsonville, CA United States) - See all my reviews
31 Days to a Younger You by Arlene Pellicane is well-written, succinct, personal, friendly, and filled with practical and motivating suggestions that any woman can apply to her life. I could relate to everything the author wrote about and enjoyed seeing that I'm already doing many of the things she recommends. I closed the book after the last page and felt so good about myself. I highly recommend this book to women of any age. Buy one for a friend or a sister, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fresh Look at Living Young, February 15, 2011
I'll begin this review with a confession: I didn't read this book the right way. Author Arlene Pellicane intends 31 DAYS TO A YOUNGER YOU: NO SURGERY, NO DIETS, NO KIDDING (Harvest House, 2010) as a 31-day adventure in looking, feeling, and living young. Because of my planned review, I read it in only two or three sittings.

Although the title points to outer beauty, this wise author instead highlights practical, biblical steps to true beauty, which flows outward from the soul. She fills her bite-sized presentations with positive, personal encouragement; transparent stories; beauty tips that don't involve medications or elaborate surgical procedures; and expert advice.

All this combines to make 31 DAYS a fun, helpful, and positive read. Each chapter ends with a Thought for Rejuvenation (question to consider) and Act of eXpression (suggested actions for renewal).

Kudos to Arlene for helping me examine some areas of my life that needed a fresh touch. I recommend you take 31 DAYS to consider your own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your youthful vigor!, August 28, 2012
31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding by Arlene Pellicane is a fun guide for steps to take to enhance your life and feel younger. Arlene writes 31 short chapters filled with advice, tips, tricks, and suggestions. Arlene is personal, friendly and down to earth. Most of all, what is contained in each chapter is very doable and will totally energize any woman who to wants to improve their life in heart, mind and body. At the end of each chapter are some exercises that give the reader thoughts for rejuvenation and acts of expression.

I was very impressed with all the practical information for spiritual growth Arlene expounded on in this book. I really liked the variety for each topic that was addressed. Arlene constantly asked thought provoking questions and made me want to find ways to improve my life not only for myself, but also for those around me. I would love to go through this book at least once a year so I can continue to live my life with youthful vigor.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Helpful Anti-Aging Book, April 17, 2011
31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding is one of the most comprehensive anti-aging books that I have seen in quite a while, and I see a lot of them. Author Arlene Pellicane offers inspiring advice and solid information, as well as real world tips and techniques to harness Mother Time. It is definitely not a rehash or rewrite of common knowledge about aging. A lot of research and care went into writing this book and it's evident on every page. Although its appeal is primarily to future oriented Christian woman between 40 and 50 who want to keep what they have now for another thirty years down the road, it is highly recommended for all women of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like all of Arlene Pellicane's book, October 9, 2014
Just like all of Arlene Pellicane's book, this book helps you see things in a different and more positive way. She encourages me in a very powerful way that helps me look at things different.. you can turn negative into positive and you will deffinitly see a change inside and out. I love that she always uses real life scenarios. I bought a copy for myself... I loved it and I bought 2 more copies for my mom and aunt. You will deffinitly be encouraged. God Bless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Informative, and Inspiring, November 20, 2011
While reading this book, I felt like I was hearing from my best friend. I received great ideas on new things I can do, a gentle nudge to continue/re-start the things I know I should do, and a positive dose of inspiration about how to be a younger me, both inwardly and outwardly.

Thank you Arlene for a wonderful, witty book. I highly recommend 31 Days to a Younger You!

31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding
31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding by Arlene Pellicane (Paperback - January 1, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01