Is the 310xt really worth 2x as much as the 305? Wondering if the 310XT is worth $222.00 more than the 305?
asked by Rich Riopel on November 21, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
Doubling the battery life does worth it for ultra runners.
J. Jung answered on September 29, 2010

A
vote
My 305 works fine for marathons and I've used it for seven hour runs without problems. That's a lot of extra money for some loading automation and a 20 hour potential. If mine breaks I'm getting another 305.
Robert Schaffer answered on January 15, 2011

A
votes
It doesn't appear to be capable of much more than the 305. I would say it is NOT worth the extra cash.
R. Cazares answered on November 26, 2009

A
votes
is there anything more then just being able to swim with it?
A. Besser answered on December 12, 2009

A
votes
Ability to receive powermeter data is also a big upgrade.
boutros g answered on January 4, 2011

A
votes
Rich it depends on what your needs are. I own both the 305 and 310 and the 305 I use everyday as a workhorse. But when racing I always use my 310 because I run negative splits and I need the virtual partner mode to be not only on, but also I need to be able to change the pace on the fly without having to reset watch. The 310 also connects to satiliate much faster and is more accurate. The fact it is also waterproof is a huge plus. So on this basis the 310 is definitely worth it, although I do like my 305 for just everyday use
John Doe answered on March 9, 2011

A
votes
I have to say Rich for me the 310 is definitely worth it. The 310 connects to satilite much faster, it also allows one to change the pace of virtual partner on the fly as I run negaive splits. The 305 does not allow you to change pace of virtual partner without resetting watch so that is not good. The 310 is also more accurate. I do use my 305 as my everyday GPS when I do recovery runs and not so serious runs. I use my 310 for races.

A
votes
Cazares, I own both the 305 and 310 and yes there is a big difference. The 310 connects much faster, is more accurate, and the virtual partner pace can be adjusted on the fly up or down without having to reset workout like the 305. I also like the ability to upload wirelessly to my computer where the 305 does not have that ability unless you don't mind connecting via usb

A
votes
Will this 310XTw/o the HR strap work with the HR strap from my old 305? Or do I have to purchase the one with the HR feature?
K. Unten answered on August 26, 2012

A
votes
I am not sure about that but you can go to the settings and chose "rescan" or something to that effect. It may or may not pick it up. Either way the new HR strap is 60 dollars.
John Doe answered on August 26, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›