5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Useful
I have three of these things and find it's the best all around tool for a variety of reaching tasks. It is very sturdy and holds picked up items securely unlike some other grabbers. I've tried other brands but find they have limitations and are only suitable for certain situations. I wanted a tool that would work for whatever problem arose.

While this...
Published on November 19, 2008 by C. G. King

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy junk
Published 19 months ago by T.R. Henigson

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Useful, November 19, 2008
C. G. King (Horse Country, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)

While this grabber isn't heavy, it performs heavy-duty tasks such as retrieving an infrequently used bottle of, say, vinegar, from a high shelf in the kitchen, or putting it back up there. Conversely, the flexible rubber grabber pads can safely grasp a crystal goblet or a light bulb. In my office, I'm forever retrieving things that have fallen behind my desk or pulling computer cables behind things. In the garage, there are things out of reach to be fetched and sticks, etc., to pick up in the yard. I carry one on the garden tractor to move things I don't want to run over while cutting the grass.

The rubber grabber pads are 1.5" in diameter and are 4" apart when completely open. Just about anything that will fit in there can be handled. Other grabbers I've tried may be fine for retrieving lightweight dropped items without bending over, but don't have the strength to manage heavier things. The 32" length is long enough for high shelves, etc., but not so long as to compromise your control when managing a hefty or awkward object at a distance.

I definitely recommend this tool over others of its type.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best picker upper, September 17, 2010
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
I was given this picker upper when I was pregant and having back issues. BEST IDEA EVER. I have had it for over 5 years and it is still able to grab anything (and I mean anything). You can pick up books, shoes, money, pins, move rugs... multiple things.

I bought a folding version so I could take it with me on trips. That broke after a few days of using it. This one is built to last and makes life so much easier for anyone with or without back issues. (I have never used this to reach things that are up high, but I'm sure it would work greatly).

I am constantly/daily using this product. Especially since I have 5 little kids helping around the house. :)

I also have lent this to friends who have had back surgery, and they have all ordered them as well. I recommend this product to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy junk, May 11, 2013
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
I've never reviewed a product on Amazon but I think it's important that I share my experience with this grabber since it is otherwise reasonably well-reviewed on Amazon (enough so that I was persuaded to make it my first choice), and it is in fact a piece of junk made of cheap plastic and flimsy metal, with rubber cups that don't line up no matter how much you try to bend them into line. It's also sold by a third-party so if you think you are going to order this before your surgery, receive and discover for yourself that is a bad choice, and then try to deal with reaching the third-party vendor to exchange or return it, box and ship it, and so on; you'll probably do what I did which is to just put it out with the garbage and try to forget about it. Luckily, the Occupational Therapist who visited me post-surgery offered a reasonably priced bag of accessories which included a well-constructed grabber.

5.0 out of 5 stars grabber, March 11, 2011
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
i've always had the gophers an it had tiny screws that held the little suction cup on an everyone of then didn't last 2 weeks to a month. This here is a whole lot heavier built an it has locking nuts to hold the cups on

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Tool, November 29, 2011
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
Don't waste your money on the "normal", as seen on TV gopher-type tools. This one is outstanding and is built for much more rugged usage. I use mine every single day. This is a tremendous tool and saves lots of bending over for things on the floor or under furniture. Ditto for things that would normally be too high and out-of-reach. This is the one to have!

2013-02-16 We now have several of these tools around our home (upstairs & downstairs), our cabin, and have given as gifts to my 86 year old father, and others. By now, the as seen on TV type gopher-type tools would have long since broken and been thrown away. These tools are tremendously strong and extremely useful. Even our two & a half year old granddaughter knows how to use them. Great tools!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 14, 2011
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
Picks up anything from a guitar pick or dime to an entire pair of shoes. High end and worth the money if you need one.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!, April 1, 2009
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
My husband loved this! It is the best one he has owned as the 'cups' pick up even the smallest item. Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars 32" GRABBER, September 13, 2010
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
Do not waste your money on the folding reacher/grabbers...they are not sturdy. this 32" reacher/grabber is well worth the extra amount you pay....they last a lot longer than the cheap ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Service, April 30, 2012
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
I sent an email to the company that their product -package arrived damaged, they responded to my email and this company replaced it the damaged product promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, April 2, 2011
This review is from: 32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick) (Misc.)
This is a very good heavy duty product, doen't break easily like the cheap ones. Will be buying another one.

32" EZ Reacher and Grabber (Pick Stick)
$20.20