Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 5, 2014
Not all SD cards are advertised! There are many scams out there and this one falls under that category. Purchased the card and immediately tested it using H2testw, a flash memory test utility. A Class 10 card is supposed to be able to read and write at a minimum of 10 MB/second. This card could not do more than 4MB/second which means I could not record HD video to it as intended. This is a common scam, don't get burned!
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2014
I bought this sd card in hopes that I can use it for more pictures and music. After a week of having the pictures I took while I had it i my phone were corrupted, and just last week it stopped working as a whole. There was a message in my notification bar that said "SD Card Damaged" and from then on I had to format the SD card and put everything back on it! DON'T BUY IT ANDROID USERS!
on November 25, 2013
The worst sd card I have ever bought. Nothing can be copied on it as it mostly doesn't repond although I tried to format it several times. :-((((
on April 18, 2014
I purchased two of these so-called "Class 10 32GB Microsd cards" with adapters on eBay. For the suspiciously low price (for a class 10 card at this capacity) these without doubt, shipped from China. I received them in two weeks, which is fair for something shipping overseas. When I put one of them into my Sony AS10 action camera, the camera read the card instantly and informed me that I had 4 hours of recording left on the card. Everything was smooth sailing until I came home from a day of shooting about 7920MB of footage were intact (About 8GB) whereas everything else (I had 3GB of additional footage on the card) were unplayable, corrupted. Immediately, I sensed fraud in the card. After doing some research, I discovered that many of these generic cards are falsely branded. They are actually 32gb cards with bad sectors that were whisked off to Chinese sellers to be resold as 32gb cards. Only 2GB (As some people have reported) or 8GB (As I have found in both my cards) are actually useable for data storage. In addition, these are like Class 4 cards than anything (4 MBps of write speed).

The cards shows up on the computer as a 32gb card, but this is simply some programmers way to obfuscate the actual capacity of the card.

So to summarize, you are in reality getting ripped off if you buy this card. You're spending $13 for a <8GB <Class 4 card.

I would demand a refund immediately and file a counterfeit report.

I won't refer to any specific program, but if you suspect your card is a counterfeit, look up testing software. What it basically does is it writes data to your card and outputs a diagnosis so you can find out what part of the card is accessible. In addition, tough luck if you try to recover the footage. I ended up with 3gb of worthless encoding with only 30 seconds of footage recoverable.

Do your research and do NOT buy these generic SD cards. I would also point out that the average consumer never uses up more than 8GB of data at a time. My mother is an artist and she has never exceeded the 8gb card on her DSLR when she goes out to shoot stills -- weeks worth. The camera formats in 4000x3000 JPEG images.

I would not give a card the green light unless you thoroughly test it. Please be an informed consumer and do your research before making a purchase!

-----

Recently did a write speed test and the speed started off slow in the sub-600kb/s range then sped to an average of 1.9mb/sec. So these cards have the write speed of LESS THAN that of a Class 2 card.
on April 23, 2014
Card never worked right from the start. The tablet I use can't even recognize the card and the computer I use can't read from it. I've got a genuine sandisk 32 card that works just fine in both. This generic one is not even worth the cost to mail it back.
on April 9, 2014
This item is a counterfeit card of lower capacity. It has been modified to appear as 32GB but is only 5GB capacity. If you exceed that 5GB, it simply overwrites your existing files with corrupted data. This was tested using h2testw, a program for verifying storage devices. I have contacted the seller regarding a refund.
on December 5, 2013
Was not compatible with a blackberry. Kept getting an error message due to partition recovery. Worst of all seems I cant return it
on April 19, 2014
These cards never worked in the devices that I ordered them for, they are cheap and junk. Save your time and spend your money on something with quality in the first place. I ended up spending more than needed in the end after this purchase and at the electronics store to get what I needed.
on May 10, 2014
I was able to get 7.14 GB of files copied over. After that it just copies over to empty space. This card is a scam. Please do not buy this card. For more info about this issue please see [...]
on May 14, 2014
Picked this card up due to its price. Shipping was smooth but when i received it I noticed issues with file transfers so figured I would test it on my PC. The adapter is cheaply made, and was difficult to get it to seat properly. I tested copying a file from the PC to the card and it was slow. Downloaded a speed test program discovered this card is NOT CLASS 10 - it could not do more than 4MB/second.

Contacted the seller about retuning the card, and discovered I would have to boot the price of shipping it back - which was about half the cost of the card when you consider the padded envelope and postage. I can not believe Amazon is allowing this vender is still sell this card - Buyer be ware!