5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it! Best Picture I have owned. Had HD before.
Features are easy simple and the picture and surround sound is a wonder. I bought it at Brands Mart including a 5 yr Warrenty in home and if it can not be repaired in a day in home Brands Mart replaces it with the same or an updated unit. The warrenty was $118.00.
Published on December 10, 2006 by Steven P. Lang

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 40 days
While the TV was working, the picture was great. I had my media PC, HD DVR, Wii, and DVD player all hooked up to it and everything worked fine. It's a very compact design (speaker is on the bottom) so it fits great in the room I have to work with.

Published on January 3, 2007 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 40 days, January 3, 2007
Amazon Customer (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 32IN LCD HDTV ATSC TUNER 13X7 NATIVE S-IPS HDMI (Electronics)

Sadly, about 40 days after purchase, the screen randomly went black. LG's replacement guarantee was for 30 days, and they wouldn't budge. I had to get a repairman to pick it up. I left town for the holidays and called the repair place to check on the status. They said they ordered the broken part from LG the day after they got the TV and had been waiting for it to arrive for nearly a month.

It was a nice TV.. for the short period of time that it worked. It appears I'm not alone with this problem, either. This is my last experience buying from LG, thanks to defective products and rude (though very American!) customer support.

I regret not buying a Samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it! Best Picture I have owned. Had HD before., December 10, 2006
Steven P. Lang (Sunrise, Fl. USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Best HD TV!!!!!, July 6, 2007
This is a wonderful TV. I bought it after returning 2 Westinghouse tvs for dead and stuck pixels. The tv has worked wonderfully since day one and the picture is just amazing, even better then the Westinghouse. I would have given this tv a 5 star rating but it only has 1 hdmi output, and it doesn't allow you to switch directly to a certain output....you have to go through all of them in order to get to the one you want. Other than that it's been near perfect. I have had this tv for about 3 months now and will look into getting a bigger LG for the living room.

1.0 out of 5 stars Black Screen of Death, November 21, 2009
I guess I'll jump on here and relay my experience of the Black Screen of Death. I've had the TV for just under three years and it gave up the ghost a few weeks ago. Like others have said, my TV began flickering at first. Then the picture would disappear for 10 minutes or so and then return. I followed all of the typical trouble shooting methods and then did an internet search to see if I was a moron. Apparently I'm not and others are experiencing the same issues. I paid over $1,000 for this TV about 4 years ago and now it's a very expensive paper weight. To make matters worse new 32" LCD tvs can be had for about $350.00 I guess this one will get tossed out because I see that people that have had their set repaired find the black screen to recur down the line.

Well Black Friday is coming up. I guess I'm getting up early. I believe I'm done with LG and Insignia (which LG makes.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Black Screen of death, February 8, 2008
Thats Geek "Coop" (Palm Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I like so many others have experienced the Black screen of Death on a LG 47" LCD 1080P flat screen. The TV, for no apparent reason, just goes out even though the power light still shows green. I made the unfortunate mistake of buying this TV from CompUSA (2 weeks ago) who is now out of business. I called LG and reported the problem and they gave me the number of a repair center. When I asked if they have ever heard of this happening to anyone else they told me it was a "Known Issue". I just don't understand how a company can sell products with "Known issues" and then make it the consumers problem. I'm dropping my TV off tomorrow for what I am expecting to be a very long period of time. Good luck to everyone having this problem. This is probably my last LG.

P.S. I must admit though when the TV was working I was very happy with the picture and sound quality. However, the TV actually needs to be functional to give it a good rating. Without this issue it would have been a 4.5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, June 25, 2009
I bought this television with a year warranty. 11 months after my purchase the screen started going out at what look to be power flashes. The power in my apartment isnt the greatest do to a diy landlord, so I started re-routing the power to other circuits in my home. After the problem continued in outlets that my other electronics were on I decided to call LG. They told me I was 6 days out of warranty, but they would extend it!
Oh happy day!
After dealing with a repair man that I'm going to call a drunk for 2 months I called LG and they sent me to another service center. They replaced the main board (which means they replaced everything but the speakers and the case). Everything worked out right? Not a chance. 8 months after this replacement the exact same thing started happening. The costumer service could only tell me that they could not authorize any other warranty extension. I got transferred to management who said the exact same thing. I now have a television that is unwatchable after less then 2 years. To make things worse in the middle of all of this I bought an LG cell phone that now turns off when I try to use the text keyboard. LG goodbye and good riddance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LG Product, December 16, 2009
R. Moore (Fayetteville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I've had this television for over 3 years now and have had absolutely no problems. I am not familiar with this black screen of death others have mentioned in their reviews. Due to the lack of problems experienced, I am not familiar with LG's repair and customer services.

I will, however, mention that for a newer model of almost any brand with comparable features, one can pay far less than the current asking price of this particular model. Originally, this TV sold for around $1000.

I'd recommend LG products in other electronic categories as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, November 24, 2006
tony95 (Knoxville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I have had this TV for about a week and the picture is outstanding. The sound is also very good. The price was fair at $950 at a local store. From what I read, the life of the TV is 60000 hours, which is 7 years of continuous use. So far I must recommend this TV.