Do I need 32gb? Been thinking about buying an ipod touch lately. I've been trying to decide between getting an 8gb vs a 32 gb. Do I really need all that extra space? Is the extra $100 worth it?
asked by K. Lozier on December 1, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
The 8 gb ipod touch, which I have read from the reviews on here, is not a 3rd generation product, just a repackaged 2nd generation.....so all the new additions are only on the 32/64 gb players. So to answer your question, yes, there will be a difference. I think they just wanted to offer a smaller capacity player so they re-released the 8gb.
Cin answered on December 1, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I started with an 8gb, then took it back 2 weeks later and got a 32gb, between my music collection (6-9gb), my family pictures that are nice to carry around (1-2gb) and a select few tv shows that i can watch on the go (5-6gb) the 8gb filled up way too fast, and that's not even including any apps that i wanted to download. You only really get 7gb on the 8 version anyway. But my 32gb still has 14gb open ready for future use. Not to mention the faster processor and nicer headphones that came included as well. Its definitely worth the extra 70 bucks i paid for it.
Herdnerfer answered on March 7, 2010

A
As an owner of a few other iPods, I'm curious what the "real" space left on the Touch is out of the box. An 80gb really has 72gb right out of the box, 120gb models have something like 111, etc.
Aku answered on March 13, 2010

A
All depends on how big your "music library" is....I can fill up an 8 gb player easily so Im shopping for a higher capacity player. I wish they had a 16 gb ipod....I dont think I need 32 gb but I own alot of CDs and listen to alot of music so a 32 gb player would probably be a good choice for me. Also remember that you can add videos and/or photos which take up more space than songs.
Cin answered on December 1, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Is there a difference in experience while browsing from a 8 GB iPhone and a 32 GB iPhone? Amazon on it's website says "And if you're using the new 32 GB or 64 GB iPod touch, you'll notice that web pages load even faster than before."
Manjit Singh answered on December 1, 2009

A
a 16G has about prob 15G or so. but as for me i only have about 600 or so songs, but i have a lot of apps and movies. mostly house :D so yeh i only have about 5G left. so if u have a lot of music and movies/videos or if ur gonna be using it for everything. i suggest getting a big spaced one
Alexander Tat answered on March 14, 2010

A
is this device rhapsody compatible?
Heather answered on January 5, 2014

A
[Deleted by the author on Feb 12, 2010 6:13:41 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›