5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, outstanding service
I have been using a K&N filter on my Toyota Sienna for three or four years. I like to change my filter often, like every 5,000 miles or so, because the cleaner the filter, the better the engine runs. But it gets expensive if you have to pay $16 every time you change it.

Published on February 13, 2012 by M. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the easiest install...
Published on September 20, 2012 by Cameron R. Block

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, outstanding service, February 13, 2012
This review is from: K&N 33-2260 High Performance Replacement Air Filter (Automotive)

My solution was the K&N filter. It cost me about $50 new (from an auto parts store -- I see it's cheaper on Amazon). But I have cleaned and reinstalled it so many times that I have saved tons of money compared with buying a new filter every time. The cleaning and oiling kit costs about $12, but it lasts a good 2-3 years (I'm guessing maybe 10 cleanings).

What's even better, though, is that when my filter started wearing out -- not the filter part but the rubber gasket that goes around the filter -- all I had to do was email K&N's customer service. They told me to email them a picture of the defective filter, and then they mailed me a brand new one. When they call it a lifetime filter, they really mean it!

You don't find such excellent customer service all that often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean is Better Than Dirty, March 30, 2010
Colkem (NB, Canada) - See all my reviews
Make no mistake, K & N filters are top notch, but beware of people who claim huge improvements in mileage and power (i.e. 10-15%). With the billions of dollars the auto industry has spent trying to improve gas mileage and power, every car made in the world would have these as original equipment if such gains were possible. If life were only so simple. People who replace a CLOGGED filter with a new one will notice an improvement (if it's clogged badly enough, the improvement might be that your car runs now). Definitely better than many in fit and quality, plus being reusable, but a magic bullet it is not. A clogged K & N filter will also cause performance problems, it's just that all you have to do is clean it properly, and you are off and running; whereas a paper filter, you have to throw it out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price Ratio!, March 3, 2008
For under 40 bucks, this K&N filter was an excellent deal. Just on the fact it is washable/reuseable numerous time makes it a great deal already. After changing it, I did notice a smoother acceleration. As for it improving by a few HP, no idea on that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Installation, Saves Gas, August 15, 2008
VTwin95 (Northern Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased two of these, one for a 2003 Camry and the other for a 2008 Sienna. It is a very easy installation, just pop off the filter cover for the old one and slip these pre-oiled filters in. Great for a car's lifetime. Two words of caution though: 1) buy the cleaner and oil kit because you will need it to clean the filter after about 5000 - 7000 miles and 2) make sure you install the filter correctly. The filter has a curved corner that matches perfectly with the filter box. If you are not attentive, you might not align it correctly and close the box without a good seal. I'm sure the instructions might tell you this, I never took the time, but I guess I had enough time to install it twice. After about 1000 miles, it seems to increase the fuel efficiency, but don't expect dilythium crystal - like increases/savigns. If you plan on keeping the car a lot of miles, the savings will add up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Varoom!, August 21, 2008
I have an '07 Toyo Solora 4-banger and this product increased horsepower AND increased MPG by 5 points! Awesome, totally worth the money...quick delivery! Just be aware that cleaning this air filter means purchasing the cleaning kit since the filter is not easy to clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the easiest install..., September 20, 2012
Unlike the factory paper element, the K&N air filter has rubberized edges. This makes closing the air filter box more difficult as the rubber is thicker than the paper plus the rubber has little "give" to it. For my particular application on a Toyota Sienna mini-van, the trouble was mulitplied due to half of the filter assembly was located underneath the windshield overhang. I ended removing the entire filter housing and "set-up" the filter using a clamp to lock down the cover so the filter would be compressed for final assembly. After compressing for several hours, the reinstall was fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference!, May 30, 2011
I bought this air filter to save money on replacements, and am quite surprised and happy at the gas mileage increase I am seeing! I was getting pretty good mileage with my 2002 Camry at 34 MPG on the highway, but I've seen it increase to 38 MPG! I highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, April 18, 2010
After reading both positive and negative comments regarding K&N Filters, I decided to give one a try anyway. This particular one was $28 from Amazon and $44 or more through local auto parts stores. I normally pay about $13 for a replacement. My thinking is that after cleaning it and reusing it three times I will be saving a little money. After running about 500 miles since installing it, I have noticed the car seems to have more "spunk" and I am getting "a little" more MPG. I have read where it increases HP and MPG, but that's not really why I bought one of the filters. At this point all I can say is "so far, so good." The true results will be 20000+ miles down the road...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality filter, July 11, 2013
Amazon Customer (North Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
Well worth the extra $ for this high quality and permanent filter that never needs replacement...just rinse clean and reuse.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very tight fit in Lexus RX 330, February 22, 2012
I got the K&N 33-2260 to replace the airfilter in my 2004 Lexus RX 330. I did my research and this was supposed to 'fit'. Well, it does fit; however, the rubber flange is a bit too thick for the air filter cowl to just snap into place. I struggled for quite a bit to get the cowl closed and locked into place. I probably need to take an Xacto knife to the rubber flange of the filter and shave it down a few mm.

I haven't seen any noticeable increase in power or fuel economy, so I can't really comment on that.