5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale for the price
Published on August 5, 2008 by Three Hawks

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep Shopping
I bought two of the WeighMax 150 lb. digital scales for my 50-member natural foods buying club. We use the scales once a month to weigh and split up 25- and 50-lb. bags of rice, beans, etc. That is, using plastic scoops, we split up big bags of foodstuffs into smaller bags, such as 1lb., 2lb., 3lb. quantities.

We have not been hard on these scales. Yet after...
Published on December 18, 2010 by DJ Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale for the price, August 5, 2008
This review is from: 330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale WeighMax (Office Product)
I purchased this scale when my old manual one broke. After doing some research, I felt this one would be the best for my money and I wasn't wrong. If your looking for a good scale that you can move easily, work with a battery (which is included) or plug into the wall - I think you'll be happy with this one. The only thing is it doesn't register or "know" when much less than 4 ounces is on it. However; this isn't an issue for me, but felt it should be included for those that it may matter to. The digital readout is nice as you can mount it on the wall or move it out of the way with larger packages. Simple to set up and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale, January 6, 2009
This review is from: 330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale WeighMax (Office Product)
I wanted a heavy duty scale that didn't cost a fortune, so I got this scale. It's not a space hog which is nice, and is accurate after performing a few weighing tests with it.

Pros:
- Relatively small but can weight up to 330 pounds.
- Display is not mounted on the scale so you can place large boxes and see what the weight is (that was the problem with my old scale).
- It displays pounds as 1.4 pounds (decimal format) as well as pounds and ounces (2 pounds, 2 ounces). It also displays weight in Kilograms
- Has a tare function
- The weighing area is large enough that a big box could be placed on it and the cable to the display is long enough that the display can be moved out of the way of big boxes.
- Came with a good warrenty

Cons:
- The back light in the LCD screen is a bright blue when the scale is weighing (when not weighing, it's the normal black on gray LCD color)
- When the scale is "off" the LCD displays the time. That's okay except for it will wear down the battery eventually.

Overall, great scale, glad I got it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hay, this works well!, September 26, 2007
Archer Koch (Santa Cruz, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
We've been using this scale for weighing hay that is fed to two dozen equines twice daily. It zeroes itself within seconds of power-up. The scale is actually semi-permanently installed on the back of a golf cart. For our application, I only wish that the cord was detachable. Other than that, it seems to be holding up well so far while running on its battery under pretty harsh conditions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep Shopping, December 18, 2010

We have not been hard on these scales. Yet after a year or two of use, the scales are no longer stable or accurate. Even when we put the scales on the floor, the numbers flash on the readout, and the weights differ from one scale to the other. Pressing the Tare button does not help. I called the company, and I got no help there.

At about $45 each, these scales turned out to be no bargain. A huge waste of time and energy and money.

So I'm now shopping for a new, more reliable scale. Save your money and skip this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Scale, June 30, 2008
I use this scale to weigh myself and it appears to be accurate and fairly consistent. It turns on faster than my old scale and using Mode pounds/ounces, shows only even ounces, e.g. 135 lbs 8 ounces but not 135 lbs 9 ounces. By shifting my weight some, I can sometimes get it to read (stable) 135 lbs 10 ounces. However, I normally would not stand in that fashion. As far as I can tell, this scale does not have the Hold function but does have Auto Off. The blue LCD readout digits are about 1/2 inch tall so I had to mount the remote display high enough to be readable. A metal mounting bracket and screws are included but didn't fit too well; shaving some of the plastic off the remote display allowed the mounting bracket to slide fully into place.

The manual lists this scale as model W-4820 with modes: 150 x 0.1 lb / 68 x 0.05 kg / 150 lb x 2 oz. My particular scale did not give consistently accurate results for objects that were less than 16 ounces. However, with 2 ounce resolution, I would use a different scale for these objects so it doesn't really matter to me. The scale came with a 10 year warranty card with a mailing address; WeighMax also has a web site that lists email/phone. They responded promptly when I had emailed them a question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great machine, August 4, 2008
This review is from: 330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale WeighMax (Office Product)
This is a great little scale. I compared what it weighed to the scale at the FedEx dropoff location and it was spot-on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome scale!, December 31, 2010
This is absolutely perfect for what I use it for. I wanted something that was in the 100-150 lb range, and I could weigh boxes with it. Because it has a separate readout gage from the scale, that means I can put as big of boxes as I want on it to weigh. It's also pretty wide, about as big as an average bathroom scale.

When I got it, I dropped the readout gage on a hard surface, so I thought I'd broken it, but it was still in perfect perfect condition.

Also, it always goes back to 0.00 lbs after I weigh stuff. I don't have the tools and stuff to measure the accuracy and precision, but from just a rough feel, it seems really good. Even though it measures in 0.05 pound increments, that doesn't necessarily mean it's accurate within 0.05 lbs. But, it does always go back to 0.00 lbs, even after weighing heavy stuff, so that's a great sign.

I always use it with the battery, because it's just so convenient, and the battery lasts a long time, but it does come with an outlet plug, too.

They also made this thing a clock. I'm really confused why they did it, as I'm sure we all don't need another digital clock blinking at 12:00 am, but it's kind of cool.

Pros:
+Great accuracy, 0.05 pounds up to 150 lbs.
+Very sturdy
+Can use either battery or outlet for power
+Lasts a long time on a battery
+Stretched, the readout gage probably goes 6 feet
+Lighted display on readout
+Doubles as a clock when you're not using it.

Cons:
-If you jump up and down on it, it will probably break
-Shuts off after just a few seconds to conserve battery life
-Unstretched, the readout gage only goes a couple feet

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, but medium resolution, June 27, 2008
Looks great. It weighs accurately, but the resolution of the measurements is a little low for pro use. For instance, the display jumps from or from 5.95 lbs to 6.05 lbs, but no 6lbs. Or from 6oz to 8oz, but no 7oz. Probably due to resolution of internal electronics. Good enough for most uses. Still a good value.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT accurate, February 13, 2010
This review is from: 330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale WeighMax (Office Product)
I bought this scale because of the great reviews here on Amazon. Bad move. Unless of course I got a lemon. All I can tell you is that this scale is consistently wrong. I bought it for selling items on eBay so I can price my auctions and easily pack and weigh my items to print shipping labels from USPS. The problem is when I actually bring them to the Post Office I discover my scale is under weighing items by as much as 5 ounces! I can see *maybe* an ounce but that's pretty inaccurate and it's costing me money. Not a good purchase in my opinion.

Buyer beware.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built scale, December 21, 2008
This review is from: 330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale WeighMax (Office Product)
A well constructed scale - the remote sensor is bright and easy to read. Battery powered with an included AC adapter - the display powers the scale through the umbilical. Nice engineering - recommend this unit.

330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale WeighMax