Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 35 Top Dividend Growth Stocks
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on June 16, 2013
For people new to dividend growth investing, this is a good start, well worth the $2.99. It's also not a bad reference for people already into dividend growth investing.

The book starts off explaining why one would want to do dividend growth investing, then goes into the criteria for selecting dividend growth stocks.

Finally, 35 dividend growth stocks are presented, each with a table of pertinent numbers supporting the selection criteria.

Personally, I would eliminate a handful of stocks from this list. Instead of five or more years of dividend dividend growth, I'd pick a minimum of ten years. To live off the income from these stocks, we want companies that can weather crises, such as the 2008/2009 crisis. There are a couple stocks listed with just three years of dividend growth. There were maybe five others with under ten years of increasing dividends. If you stay away from these stocks, there's still over 25 stocks to choose from.

One of the stocks I'd personally skip is General Electric. If you do select this one for yourself, please note that the correct ticker is GE, not GM.

Overall, these are a bunch of companies that have been around for a long time, and I think will be around for many more years. Most have increased dividends for a long time, so I could sleep at night owning these stocks. Because they consistently increase their dividends, I wouldn't be worrying about market crashes. Instead, I'd welcome corrections, thanking the market for giving me the chance to buy more of these stocks at better prices, giving me increased dividend yields.
on June 16, 2013
I have been reading books on dividend investing for several years now, investing can be a very intimidating thing and reading a book that is full of technical analysis and spreadsheets does not make for good reading. This book is very easy on the eyes and straight forward informative, nothing complicated that the average investor wont get overwhelmed with. I find books like this one enjoyable and help me on my way to financial freedom, recommend this to any investor who enjoys dividend investing. Cheers.
on February 11, 2014
This book was written in very simplistic terms that the average retail investor can easily understand. One thing that I would like to have seen included was those top total return stocks. This would have given prospective investors the best of both worlds.
on December 14, 2013
The first chapters of the book to a good job of explaining and making a case for Dividend Growth Investing. The remainder of the book is an analysis of each of the 35 stocks. Easy to read and follow.
on February 23, 2014
This is written by a man that lives what he writes. Always good to know that is the case. It is a solid investment approach and covers the range of things an investor should think about. I rate it as a good guide for someone starting out as an investor that is willing and committed to a solid approach to investing over the long term. It is an easy read and something you can cover quickly.
on July 12, 2013
I found it very basic. Geared for the beginner. Same picks as almost every guru out there. At the beginning level a source for the biggest and maybe the best available.
on June 18, 2013
Want to get rich quick? This book is not for you.
As with any financial advice, you need to understand what you are investing in, and why. In this book, Dan Mac presents his picks for 35 dividend growth stocks. Almost by definition, this means these companies must be mature (brand new IPOs aren't issuing dividends) and have a track record of growing their earnings for the dividends to grow as well. Dan first spells out his criteria for choosing the stocks, and then offers the list with detailed data for each stock.
With all the talk of Index Investing through funds or ETFs, Dan offers a level headed view on how to invest in a well chosen portfolio of individual stocks that are meant to be held long term. However you choose to invest, this book is worth reading and understanding.
on June 16, 2013
I really enjoyed this book, Dan Mac does a great job conveying the value of dividend investing in an easy to read e-book. I agree with him that dividend investing is one of the best ways to put your money to work for you. The book highlights 35 of the greatest dividend stocks and Dan's thoughts both pro's and con's of each. I wish I would have read this book when I first began dividend investing, I could have saved myself from some basic pitfalls. I highly recommend this book especially if your just getting started in dividend investing.
on June 16, 2013
Dan Mac has done a good job by publishing his short Kindle edition of "35 Top Dividend Growth Stocks". In it Dan explains why one should consider dividend investing and then goes on to help the reader by explaining the criteria he uses to select good dividend paying stocks. I own several stocks on his list but am careful to only select companies that have been paying dividend for more than 10 years in a row; I also make sure the companies have been growing their dividend payments each year.
Dan's list of 35 companies is a good start and would help anyone by saving time and effort of starting from scratch. If you hurry up and sign up for his Newsletter he is giving away the Kindle edition of this book FREE. Go get it and learn from it.
VINE VOICEon July 21, 2015
Interesting book on Dividend Growth stocks. The book is a quick read which is good. But there are other books with more depth on the subject. My favorite so far of the ones I've read is "Retirement Investing for Income Only."