Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 29, 2014
I bought this cable, along with several others, to see if it made a good cable for charging. I used my AboveTEK USB Power Meter to measure the amperage this cable was able to carry while charging my Android phone or iPad. I used both the normal connection and a data-wire-shorted connection to determine if the cable could easily carry 2 amps.

It turns out that this cable fared significantly below average, measuring below all but one of my existing USB cables. It was somewhat worse than my stock HTC cable, significantly worse than my Verizon universal charger cable, slightly worse than my old Motorola cable, and much worse than my Monoprice 28/24AWG cable. As a "rapid charging" cable, I think the performance contradicts such a claim.

Look, don't get me wrong. As long as you're not interested in rapid charging, this cable looks nice and has a unique indicator that works. So if you seriously need a charge-on indicator, get this cable. But if you want to improve on the charge time of your existing setup, I recommend you look elsewhere.
88 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2013
360 Mobile Solutions Smart Micro USB LED Cable Powerful 2.1A Output / B00FYIB7F0

I bought this fast-charge cable for use with my chargers which claim fast-charge capabilities (including a car charger I recently received) so that I could be sure that any lag in charging wasn't the fault of my older cables. This cable from Mobile Solutions has worked really well for me so far, with a variety of chargers and devices, so I'm really pleased with it. The price is a little steep (though check across all the colors because some of them cost more than others), but if you're not seeing the performance you'd expect from your chargers, this may be worth the investment.

I'm not sure why one reviewer said they were getting a slow charge on this, but one thing you do need to be aware of is that not all chargers charge fast. And not all devices (especially older devices) can charge fast. Basically in my experience, for a fast charge you need 4 things: (1) a device that can accept a fast charge, (2) a charger than can deliver a fast charge, (3) a cable that can carry a fast charge, and (4) a connection between device, charger, and cable which *doesn't* put the device into a data transfer mode which usually provides only a minimal trickle charge.

The lighted tip on this cable is something you'll probably either love or hate. It's convenient for letting you know if the device is charging, and if the connection is good--the cord lights up blue when not connected and red when connected and charging. On the other hand, if you're using this in your bedroom when you're trying to sleep, it'll probably be way too bright. I've been using this in the car with a car charger where the light doesn't bother me.

Note that this cable is about 3 feet long.

~ Ana Mardoll
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2014
The cables are excellent but it is noteworthy to mention that the end that plugs into the phone is quite large and may interfere with any cases that may be on whatever you are using this cable for if the case has any material around the plug. In my case I have an HTC One Maxx and the case did prevent the cable from plugging in all the way. Cutting out a tiny section of the case at the plug solved this problem and didn't compromise the functionality of the case - but the size of the plug should absolutely be a consideration when choosing this plug.

Also in the case of this phone the smart light doesn't exactly function as they intend it to. If my phone is on its using power and thus the light stays red all the time. I don't particularly care, but don't be surprised if the light is always red if it is plugged into something that is turned on.
on September 17, 2014
This cord got 4 stars because Amazon accepted the return and quickly refunded my money. I bought 1 black & 1 white cord originally. The white one stopped working after the first week. Because it's warranted for 5 years, & the black one is still working well, I bought another white one which is doing fine so far.
These cords are really nice for bedside use.
on December 4, 2014
Before you buy, you need to understand how smart charging circuts work.

This has some circutry inside that measures the amprage going thru it.
When its idle (not plugged in) or your phone or device is full, very little amprage flows thru and it lights up green.
When more amps go thru, it turns red.

Most modern phones trickle charge when over 90% or so, but can rapidly switch from trickle to full and back.
Your phone may cause this to blink rapidly from red to blue because of this.
It can be a little annoying. especially in a dark room.

I dont mind it too much... and the main reason i got it, is because i can never find the tip to my charger at night when i'm going going to bed. With the tip lit up, i can find my charger... and i can see which way the hole on my device is since the charger is lit up.
on February 28, 2015
Somebody should get an award for coming up with this idea and bringing it to market!
The freaking cable "tells" you if it has power AND if it is charging the device, with colored LEDs built into the cord.
Considering how much charging we all do, on multiple devices, this cord could save a billion android users time and anguish every day!
No more troubleshooting that charging interconnection!
I would LOVE to get a cord like this for Apple iPhone, but it would probably cost 99 bucks. And it might still be worth it.
on April 25, 2015
The light is great. It uses the amount of power being drawn by the device to approximate whether it's charging or not (or unplugged) to set the light color to blue (unplugged or full/not charging is blue, charging or drawing power is red), so the light will be red or alternate in color when you're actually using the device, but that's to be expected. If you have a hard-shelled case with a cutout, the fit may be snug (or too small, though I did not have that issue), or may make it difficult to see much of the light.

I have not measured the current it can deliver, but it does not seem to be unusually slow, as some cables can be. My Kindle Fire HD (1st gen) seems to be at equilibrium with this cable -- the battery percentage neither gaining nor losing while I am actively using the Kindle. When the screen is off, of course, the percentage does go up. (Some cables on the Fire HD can't even maintain the current level of charge, they only slow the rate of discharge. This one does not have that problem.)

The wire gauge and length of any cable combine to determine how fast a given cable can charge. Smaller wire and a longer length than some other cables will necessarily reduce the charge current. That is not a defect. That's physics. With USB, a charge cable (or charger) can be slower than it needs to be due to the manufacturer's naivete about how USB devices "negotiate" the amount of available power and adjust their charge rate accordingly. Here, again, this one has no such issue.

The fit is perhaps the most snug and tight fit if any cable I have ever used (and I ordered two, so I don't think this is just "luck") and that is perhaps the best feature of all. This cable seems top quality, and I will be ordering more.
on December 15, 2014
I wish the Red was a bit brighter but overall it works and does what it says. I am concerned about how tight the fit is on my HTC One M8. I have to wiggle to get on and off at times. That tight fit worries me that it might loosen, damage or break my data port on my phone so i am being extra careful.
on February 22, 2016
Got this as a christmas gift for my wife. Shw loves how she can plug in here tablet and it shows red while it is charging. When it is fully charged the light turns blue. It is easy to find in the dark because it glows blue. It charges her tablet at its normal charging speed. The light will actually flash between red and blue after her tablet is finished charging, but im gonna say it does it because a tablet is a higher amp drain on a battery than a phone because it does not do it on our phone. the quality of the cable is pretty good. the length is great for using on the couch confortably while plugged into the wall. I am thinking about purchasing another one for myself as well. I would recommend purchasing this item.
on October 22, 2014
Although a little pricier than the usual non-lighted cable, this is a great idea and should be standard issue for USB cables in my opinion. The light makes it much easier to find the cable in the dark, as well as providing feedback on charging status (red when charging, blue when charged or disconnected). Only minor quibble is that the end has a slight wobble to it, but it does not appear to cause loss of contact with the device being charged, a mix of HTC One and a Kindle. Recommended.

24-Dec-14:

Note that this cable is not a fast charge only cable as the title states, unless I received a differnt version than the current model. It appears to charge at the normal rate of a combination data/power cable. There are specialized cables that will send only power to a device and not communicate via the USB connection, apparently by using the data lines for additional power. I can state this because my HTC One always gives a warning that the cable cannot charge fast. I don't find this to be a problem. Still recommended for the indicator light function!

14-Feb-16:

Changing my rating to one star, as the cable failed. It was not abused, nor moved from its USB brick. The lighted end stopped working along with the ability to charge, so I cannot recommend this cable. Tossed in the trash!