3790LMT, maps for Europe? I am unfamiliar with GPS units. Does anyone know what I would need to do to make this work on for a trip to Europe? (not really interested in traffic, just the maps for Europe) I'm also wondering if I'd need anything special for powering in european cars. Thank you very much.
asked by One-Eyed Coyote on March 5, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
vote
You can buy maps of Europe on a micro SD Card for $99. Powering is the same.
NickP answered on May 9, 2011

A
votes
I just got back from France before leaving I got the Europe maps and they worked flawlessly. You have 3 choices: download, sd card, or dvd. I got the dvd version because I was familiar with the Mapsource software from my boating days. with the dvd you can use the maps on your computer and can choose which regions of the map to download onto the device. You can also set "waypoints" on the computer map that will transfer to your device and appear as "favorites". Now, you need to be good with figuring out software to get all these advantages - especially setting favorites before you leave. Like, if on the transfer utility you check transfer routes and waypoints, nothing will transfer. You have to check only the waypoints, since the unit doesn't support transfer of routes. Anyway, if you're into simple, just download or get the sd card. I can say the directions and routing while we were in france was flawless and I also used it in pedestrian mode in paris to get oriented and walk to places when confused. ALB
Griz answered on June 11, 2011

A
votes
Thanks
One-Eyed Coyote answered on May 9, 2011

A
votes
Thanks Griz. I'm going with the download and now have confidence that the mapping will be accurate.
One-Eyed Coyote answered on June 11, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›