Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Gears of War: Judgment forum

$39.99 at Newegg

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 4:26:24 AM PDT
O. P. Kerr says:
here ya go

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103292

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 6:02:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 6:02:54 AM PDT
Amazon blows for no longer offering these types of deals. If NewEgg and Best Buy can do it they should be able to.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:18:39 AM PDT
Civilknight says:
I used to buy games on amazon but then they stopped saving me money.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 11:09:38 AM PDT
Mikal says:
Amazon used to be the place to shop for games. Sadly not anymore. Newegg and Bestbuy are the places to shop. Best Buy at least I can pick it on release day and even with tax it is still cheaper with the pre-order rebate and dlc.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 11:39:06 AM PDT
Miami Nights says:
I'm just about to cancel my pre-order here at Amazon. Besides, I don't have to have it on release day and prices tend to drop later on.

I mostly want to wait to see reviews and opinions from websites and gamers, to see if the game's any good.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:28:35 PM PDT
Mr. Hyde says:
Newegg code: EMCYTZT3079 for $20 off ends tomorrow (3/12)!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 10:23:03 AM PDT
$20 gift card from Best Buy with gamerzone membership ($15). Applies to other titles as well.

Much much better deal than this from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:30:09 AM PDT
but no dlc .

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 1:11:27 PM PDT
giovi says:
amazon, you are trailing behind big time. got a copy from newegg. thanks

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:54:16 PM PDT
KungPoo says:
I've gotten gears 1 to 3 but i have yet to decide on this game. I like horde mode and i hear its totally changed. I need to see it in action but this sounds like a halo odst game just thrown out to make a buck

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:21:14 PM PDT
cab0218 says:
Dang I missed out on this. Im pissed now.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 5:31:20 PM PDT
J. S Thomas says:
Yeah I Missed the Special, LOL....i did catch em before from New Egg but working 12 hours a day kinda limits my deal search time....

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:19:09 AM PDT
Scott E. says:
I ordered through NewEgg, no tax, free shipping. Their free shipping usually gets to me within 1 day because of the shipping location being close by. It's a no brainer. Amazon needs to start doing RDD or Credit more often. They are shipping slower and slower every game release. They used to be the best.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 6:48:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 9:29:55 AM PDT
Dog says:
I agree wth you Scott E. I remember when I first started ordering games on Amazon. I would definately get them ON the actual release day or like within one or two days without having to pay extra for shipping RELEASE DAY delivery! Now within this past year and all the new games i PREORDERED. I wouldnt get them till like 1 and half to 2 weeks after my friends are already that far into it. :( It is hard for me to preorder from Gamestop or Best Buy as they dont have any local places like that around where I am and I dont have easy access to transportation when I need to. So it makes me resort to having to order them online. But like i say Amazon was always there with the games and i was always keeping up with my friends as we played them. But it asnt been that way lately and NOW whats even worse is that when you PREORDER a game now from AMAZON they DO NOT offer the RELEASE DAY DELIVERY until like a few days BEFORE the game is actual released. I JUST noticed that with GEARS JUDGEMENT that NOW they are offering the RELEASE DAY delivery.. but NOT when i preordered back in AUGUST 2012. AND they do NOT ALLOW you to change your SHIPPING SPEED in your order either :(

EDIT---- I just tried to change the DELIVERY SPEED but it wouldnt let me. It says i have to make a NEW preorder and CANCEL my previous onwe. But NOW it charging me almost 20$ for shipping and also about 10 bucks tax, making the total over 80$ for one game . NO... DEFINATELY WORTH it!!! I will keep my older previous preorder and call it that. WHY is AMAZON doing this?!!??!?

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 8:20:47 AM PDT
O. P. Kerr says:
As many have pointed out Amazon is slipping in their video game department, IMO one of the biggest mistakes they have made is dropping their .99 cent release day policy, what they fail to realize is video games (unlike movies, music or books) is time sensitive, people don't want to sit around and wait for Amazon to get around to EVENTUALLY shipping it, their friends are already play and it's important to play along with them.

The thing that aggravates me is if I pick the slower shipment then fine, BUT I ACTUALLY WANT YOU TO SHIP MY GAME ON TUESDAY WHEN IT'S RELEASED!!! then I'll have it Thursday or Friday.
Don't wait till Friday or even Monday of the following week to ship it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 8:51:59 AM PDT
mjc0961 says:
http://images.cryhavok.org/d/2233-1/Stop+Yelling+At+Me.gif

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 6:08:52 AM PDT
Tim Rockwell says:
I agree with everyone else. Charging 20 dollars for release day delivery on games is ludicrous. Gamers want their games on release day. All their friends will be playing on release day. Amazon used to charge $0.99 for release day shipping which guaranteed that I would buy my games from them. They can forget it now.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 8:47:08 AM PDT
whattheeff says:
There is a reason they don't offer the $0.99 for release day shipping in most areas. They still offer it in cities that have an amazon affiliated warehouse in it. And all this complaining is worth nothing. You always have the option of going to the store on release date to pick up your game. Get over it.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 9:46:58 AM PDT
O. P. Kerr says:
@whattheeff, and what is that reason?
BTW real constructive post...

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:06:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 11:08:49 AM PDT
R. Pickman says:
Anyone else notice that when you select Free Super Saver shipping they don't ship for a few days when it used to be same or next business day (depending on the time of order)?

I understand that with the states imposing state sales taxes and causing them to close many distribution centers in an effort to not charge customers sales tax, that they are losing money. However, it's still costing them business. I assume that that's what whattheeff was getting at, albeit poorly.

The point is that people WANT to buy from Amazon because they have had positive experiences in the past. Due to the shipping changes, they are electing to shop elsewhere. If Amazon reads these posts, it's a way of collectively delivering feedback to the company.

You always have the option of not reading the comments section. Get over it.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 12:32:45 PM PDT
O. P. Kerr says:
@T.Paslay, I personally think Amazon is delaying the shipping because even when you (not you personally) would pick super save shipping it would still arrive pretty quick, for me in most cases by Thursday, I could live with that but I don't think Amazon could justify their Prime service with UPS and FedEx delivering so quickly.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 5:03:38 PM PDT
monkeycatt says:
i have amazon prime and it's the best 79 bucks i've spent in a while. if you order a lot of stuff on amazon (esp. games), it pays for itself quick. (and i'm not even mentioning amazon prime video which is superior to netflix on the xbox). anyway, with prime, you get the game on release day, usually before early afternoon. i know 79 seems like a lot at first, and it is, but a few months down the line you'll be happy you did it.
having said that, i ordered gears from the microsoft store as they offer 1600 ms point bonus and release date delivery for a mere 64.19. lol.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:37:36 PM PDT
C. Kramer says:
Amazon Prime seems not even close to being worth it to me. Microsoft store offers 1600 points on most of the major games and the free shipping has always got me games the day of release or the day after. I'll wait an extra day and get a free $20 per game instead of paying $80 to get the games one day earlier.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:19:27 AM PDT
JasonY says:
I agree with Kristopher about Amazon Prime, but don't think it's worth the $79 if you only buy games on here. Amazon's deals on games are simply lackluster these days compared to the competition. However, if you order all sorts of things on here, then Prime becomes worth it. In the past year, I placed over 50 orders on Amazon. And if you are eligible for Amazon Student, Prime membership drops to $39 a year.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 7:45:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2013 8:09:49 AM PDT
OrangeCrush says:
Amazon Prime is amazing!! I placed over 110 orders from Amazon in 2012. That comes out to be roughly 71 cents per shipment and that is pretty amazing especially considering many of the items I purchased were larger sized items. One such item is cat litter. Every month I order 2 - 40 pound boxes of cat litter. That's 80 pounds, which is a pretty heavy shipment and the shipping is free. Then to top it off you get a video service comparable to Netflix, which at 7.99 per month costs 96 bucks per year. Prime is only 79 and you get the video's and free shipping. All in all Prime is one of the smartest purchases I make all year and ultimately its one of my favorite aspects to Amazon.

As for Amazon's game sales....well, I think its pretty clear at this point that they are perfectly content letting companies like Best Buy and NewEgg go after the deal hunters on new releases. They are still selling a ton of games as a significant percentage of people buying games are not deal hunters. I rarely buy games when they first come out so Amazon's strategy has little to no effect on me. If I do buy a new game, which happens maybe a couple times a year, I just go to Best Buy or NewEgg. That said, I am still buying a lot of my games at Amazon as they still have a ton of great deals on games that are 3+ months old and that is usually when I buy most of my games. If your a gamer that buys a lot of games when they first come out then simply use Best Buy or NewEgg instead of Amazon.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gears of War: Judgment
Gears of War: Judgment by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.3 out of 5 stars (592)