Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on August 17, 2011
Not NVidia brand.

I bought two pairs of 3D glasses at the same time off Amazon: one cheaper set that was able to ship immediately, and these. I expected that the NVidia glasses would almost certainly have the best match for their Red/Cyan modes, so I paid extra.

Unfortunately, they aren't NVidia, and they have more ghosting than the cheaper set I got. They are also too small for me and pinch a bit.

They cost extra, took a week longer, and the images are a picture of what I wanted but not what I received. I've added a picture of what I received to the product page.

They are plastic 3D glasses, and I did receive them, so I'll give 'em a star for that.
review image
99 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2010
I ordered a different set of 3D glasses a while back, the big problem with them was the light cyan color which caused major red ghosting, after reading the reviews of this product I was convinced to buy these 3D glasses. But when I received them I found out that they look very similar to the previous 3D glasses and not like the one in product description image. Also they had the same light cyan glass which doesn't fully block the reds and I get very annoying ghosting still.

I won't recommend buying these glasses at all. Sure their quality is good, but they simply don't do the work they are supposed to.
on February 23, 2012
Many reviewers have noted that when they ordered this product, what they received was not what was advertised. The product that I received from CP Clearinghouse is exactly what is advertised on the product page, including the "NVIDIA 3D VISION discover" logo on the side.

I've included photographic proof, so you can check the user uploaded images at the top of the product page.

According to one of the ripped off customers, the culprit that is selling the after-market product is BlueMall, so I suggest avoiding them. Purchase this from CP Clearinghouse instead.

The product works with the NVIDIA 3D Vision as expected.
review image
on March 28, 2011
My daughter has some vision issues and the doctor recommend coloring exercises while wearing red-cyan glasses to help her pay attention to using her eyes together. I bought every pair of glasses Amazon sells for under $10, and liked these the best by far. These glasses were the only ones with the cyan (blue) side dark enough to nearly eliminate the blue ghosting in printed images. In many of the others, the blue side was too light compared to the red.

I also checked out some 3D red/cyan movies on the web, and these seemed to work fine for movies as well. By paying attention I was able to notice the red-side ghosting on screen that other reviewers have mentioned, but when I held different pairs of glasses to my eyes, when red ghosting was present with these glasses it was also present with other styles of glasses.

--Beth
on February 19, 2011
I got these primarily for playing around with 3D gaming (especially virtualboy emulation, which is monocrome and thus perfect for anaglyph glasses)

The Pros: they feel amazingly solid, and they easily fit over my prescription glasses. Though if you have older style large-lense glasses, you'd want to skip wrap-arounds and look for a set of clip-ons. If these were a pair of sunglasses for this price, it'd be five stars easy. They're as stylish as a pair of anaglyph glasses could ever hope to be.

The cons: As another reviewer stated, the color filters are less than great. I get very noticeable ghosting, especially from the red lens, even after tweaking the displayed colors and even my monitor's color temperature.

I'd love to recommend these, but unfortunately with the ghosting issue, they're just not that great for their intended purpose.
on January 21, 2016
I bought 2 pairs. The glasses are very tight and I had to force them on. There is a lot of ghosting because the Red side doesn't filter out the blue colors correctly. The official (free) nvidia paper glasses I have work better than these plastic pairs. I have two screenshots, one is from the paper glasses from nvidia which shows no ghosting and the other shows a lot of ghosting from the plastic glasses I am reviewing.
review image review image
on December 30, 2011
After reading quite a few negative reviews, I knew I was taking a chance with the purchase of these glasses. When I saw the price, I had nothing to lose. I only paid 2 cents plus got free 2 day shipping with Prime. I ended up ordering 2 pairs since they were very cheap. The glasses I received have the Nvidia logo on the side. They fit over my prescription glasses well. I'm not a 3D expert, but the videos I watched with these glasses looked great (youtube videos). They fit my head snugly (I have a small head) and they feel as if they could break if I stretch them out at all. So I won't be stretching them. But all in all.... they're not bad.
on March 30, 2010
I bought these for the purpose of playing PC games with Nvidia's stereoscopic 3d. I ran though the setup wizard and these glasses work perfectly. I played Street Fighter IV (Steam version) with 3d on and the depth really make the game stand out. The description of the glasses says for use with youtube or some junk, but they should change it for use with 3d games on the PC (if you meet the requirements). Unfortunately if you wear the glasses for too long, you'll see blue in one eye and red in the other for a good while. Supposedly there is no permanent damage, but user beware.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 31, 2011
For anyone with glasses who has tried to use those 3D glasses packed in with movies, you know they're a total pain to wear. You usually end up trying to stick it over your glasses and stretch it around, and it never fits right, never stays in place and just feels horrible.

These glasses fix that problem.

These are more like traditional sunglasses (and anaglyph 3D sunglasses-style glasses are nothing new.. but these actually stick out a bit further, so your regular glasses fit inside them. The lenses are also very large, so you don't get the "light leaking" from the lenses themselves.

The quality itself isn't the greatest. I feel as if I try to open it too wide, or drop it, the pair is done with. The positive of this is that it's pretty lightweight, so you don't get that "poking" feeling.

What I considered a downside are the 2 clear plastic holes (one on each side) - I'm guessing these are to make it easier to see if someone is coming up on you, but I found it to just allow light in and cause distractions (everything you see if red/blue, except for on the very sides of your head). This can be "fixed" with duct/gaffers/electric tape if you need to.

A lot of people are commenting about the actual shades of red/blue (cyan). Mine were very accurate and nearly identical to my "paper" glasses.

Mine also had a NVIDIA 3D VISION logo on the side, but I highly doubt these are nvidia -- the logo appears to have been put on very poorly with paint (a stamp?) as it's smearing as if they were stamping these quickly and moving them before they had time to dry.

Overall, works great.. quality could definitely be better though.

One other thing to note - if you're using this for movies, check which type of 3D glasses yours needs. A lot of newer movies are using the green/magenta colored glasses, and these won't work.
on September 5, 2015
These 3-D glasses are the real deal -- with the Nvidia Logo and "3D VISION - Discover" printed on the right-side earpiece.
These are the entry-level glasses for your Nvidia 3D Vision preferences setup that accompnaies your Nvidia 3D-capable Sound Cards.
These worked perfectly to set up the 3D vision on a GeForce GT240 Fanless 1GB GPU and also on a GeForce GT730 1 GB Fanless GPU.
Comfortable fit, no side glare, they look OK, and the price was, like, cheap-ola !!
My wife wears hers over her regular glasses, and she loves the view -- and the comfort, too.