Customer Discussions > New Super Mario Bros. 2 forum

3DS to 3DSXL Should I Switch?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 24, 2012 11:26:26 AM PDT
Billie Jo says:
I went to my local gamestop today and talked to them about trading my 3DS in with Legend of Zelda and DSLite. They said they'd give my $150 on trade. I don't play the DSLite so it's worth nothing to me same with Zelda. Is it worth the $50 for me to get it? Or just hang tight with my orginal 3DS?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2012 1:40:24 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
wow, great trade in deal ... I would answer yes. I bought the XL & the screen makes a huge difference. I was able to transfer all the DL games from the original 3DS & they look great on the larger screen. for a $50 difference - absolutely. have fun !

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 2:14:14 PM PDT
Billie Jo says:
Is the screen really pixelated on games? That's my main concern in getting the 3DSXL. Otherwise I love everything else over the original 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2012 3:48:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 24, 2012 3:48:46 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
no, there is not the terrible distortion the DS XL suffered ... there is some reduction on the bottom screen, text doesn't appear quite as crisp, but well worth it for the upper screen. & my Zen Pinball looks stunning ! Mario 3D Land & Star Fox look incredible on the XL ....

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 11:46:21 AM PDT
MidnightKid says:
you definiatley want to do the upgrade! the screen size is perfectly aligned with your eyes! every game is now more crips, fun, clear, and 3d and depth to the max!

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 8:38:04 AM PDT
Billie Jo says:
Well I traded yesterday and can I say to anyone else who is thinking of swapping, DO IT. The 3DSXL is a huge improvement over the 3DS. All the little things that are better add up to a make much better experience, not to mention the BIG changes. Well worth what it cost me to trade.

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 9:45:33 AM PDT
Nukleopop says:
If you are considering, I recommend trading the 3ds for the new xl. The screen is great all around and it doesn't have the major pixel explosion that the dsi xl had. I just traded in my dsi xl and my day 1 launch 3ds and I have zero regret!

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 10:38:47 AM PDT
EpsilonX says:
I have a 3DS XL and everything looks great to me

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 4:42:56 PM PST
Matthew says:
I have tons of 3ds games. They all look great. But in Miiverse, the top screen of the regular 3ds is crisper. But for everything else, its GREAT.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Aug 24, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2 by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (570)