Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3DS XL / DSi XL Leather Case holds up 3x Game Cartridge
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 12, 2012
I can pretty much agree with all the other reviews on here. This is a pretty nice case for the money, and very elegant looking as well. It does look sort of like a purse, but that doesn't bother me too much since I keep it in my bookbag when I go around my University.

The main point I wanted to make is that this case will fit the new Nintendo 3DS XL. Since the 3DS XL is relatively new, there aren't many cases out in the market yet, but I heard that some cases from the DSi XL will fit as well. With that in mind, I looked at this case and it fit my needs pretty well. So I took a dive and ordered it, and was I glad I did! This case fits the new device pretty snug, but there is some excess room on the side since the DSi XL is a tad bit longer, but that doesn't bother me too much. The felt padding inside is pretty soft and not too slippery, so it keeps the 3DS XL firmly in place.

On the outside of the case, there are 3 slots for DS games. Since the new 3DS games have a protruding tab, I can't imagine being able to fit 3 3DS games in these slots, but you can probably fit 2, with one DS game in the middle. Hopefully that wasn't too confusing to read and give you a better idea of what to expect.

Overall, I think this case is a great buy. If you have a 3DS XL or DSi XL, do not hesitate to buy this case!

Edit:

I've been using this case for a couple months now and it's still been great. I actually tested it with 3 3DS cartridges and it fits just as well. The space between each slot has just enough room to not be in the way of the protruding tabs on the 3DS cartridges.
44 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2015
 I've had this case for a few years and I'm happy to say the New 3DS XL fits perfectly! Check it out in the video I posted.

It's really a great case for the $12.99 price tag from Amazon. The leather quality is top notch and the magnets are still holding strong.

To those wondering, I've had my Triforce 3DS XL in this case since I bought it and the magnets never caused an issue with anything. I know that's a big concern with this case but there's really nothing to worry about.

So if you're looking for this type of case, I say look no further! Yeah, it's a bit bulky but it easily fits in a jacket pocket or the side pocket of cargo pants (what I usually wear). It also fits in a pocket on a pair of my jeans but your milage may vary on that one. I love it because it's classy looking and it protects my system. So again, if you're looking for a case you can just slide your New 3DS in and out of when you want to play it, or if you just want to cruise around picking up streetpasses like I do, then go with this case. You won't regret it.
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2013
This case is very high quality for the price. It fits my 3DS XL perfectly and holds games no problem. Also it doesn't obstruct the signal of the 3DS XL allowing me to receive mii streetpass updates.
on March 11, 2014
When I first saw it I was like nice...it will fit my DSi XL, or my 3DS XL. Sweet. So when I tried it out...it fit my DSi XL nice, and snug, but my 3DS XL slides back and forth inside it. So doesn't fit the 3DS XL as tight as it does with my DSi XL. So I like the everything about it, but the fact that it's doesn't seem to be made for a 3DS XL makes me feel my system is as safe as I would like it to be. If your looking for a nice looking case for your DSi XL...This is right on the money. But if your looking for a case for your 3DS XL, you might want to weight your options a little more. Everyone is different, and it may not bother you like it did me.

Good Luck Shoppers.
on December 27, 2013
This leather case is great, and perfectly held my 3DS XL. That is, until I put the clear plastic shell case on it. At that point the fit was snug, but the leather case would still close. However, I was not able to put any games in the cartridge holders once that was done.

So this case is fine if it's just for a naked 3ds without another form fitting plastic case over it. It's very good quality, and the soft interior lining will ensure your 3DS/DSI is cradled saftley.
on March 12, 2015
Great fit for the New 3DS. Perfect for my usage, but not for everyone.

The leather provides a good bit of padding. The flap is held closed by strong magnets which makes it easier to access than a zippered case. (Magnets have long been used in tablet cases, so I have no worries that they will damage the 3DS.)

While the walls are thick, this is not a hard case. It's folded over and the sides are elastic. It wouldn't be good in situations where something heavy might be on top of it. Also there are small openings on the outer edges. If tossed into a bag with loose keys or coins, the corners of the device could get scratched.
on June 6, 2013
This case is such a great value. I also bought it for my 3DS XL as other reviewers have done. It fits great. There is a small gap left at the edge when inserted because the DSi XL is slightly wider than the 3DS XL. It doesn't matter, though. When the lid is closed, the 3DS XL doesn't move at all. It looks great and does what it's supposed to. Nice product.
review image review image review image
on December 5, 2013
I wasn't able to find cases for the 3ds xl anywhere except here, but I was not disappointed. Very good deal. The elastic will fit three games perfectly and the leather looking case fits right in my purse! It made the game system look a little more age appropriate for a 20 year old woman who still loves her Animal Crossing!
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon January 27, 2015
This case snugly holds a Nintendo 3DS XL. The foldover flap snaps neatly into place, and the outside of the case can hold three cartridges that sit snugly underneath the flap when you close the case.

The leather feels nice, and is padded enough that this protects the unit just a bit--from a drop or a fall, probably; from being thrown against a wall, probably not.

It's just a shame that it doesn't have a belt clip or loop on the back. I was hoping to be able to use this to stow the massive 3DS XL while walking so I can take advantage of StreetPass and also rack up some gold coins by walking. It still has to be stowed in a pocket to make that happen. But it does make for a good protector when taking my 3DS out of the house.
on February 3, 2015
great case for an older 3DSXL owner. It honestly doesn't look as much like a lady-wallet as some people say it does, or maybe I'm just comfortable with my masculinity, who knows. it holds the 3ds and three games, has exposed areas for a lanyard if you have something like that attached, and it uses magnetic clips to shut, so you don't have any annoying velco to worry about with this case. the construction seems good, I, a college student, have been putting it in my bag for two weeks now and it hasn't been marred. If you want it, get it.