Customer Discussions > Pokémon Black Version 2 forum

3DS XL Graphics?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2012 10:14:29 PM PDT
Selcaa says:
Hey everyone, first off I want to say that I love and enjoy this game very much. I've only owned it for several hours now and I really haven't been able to put it down. But I did have some concerns regarding the graphics of the game.

I'm currently running this game on a Nintendo 3DS XL and I've noticed that the graphics aren't as stellar as they were to the previous Pokemon games that I've played. (Diamond, Ruby, Silver/Gold, Blue) What I mean is, there seem to be a bit more 'pixilation' between the graphics of some of the Pokemon sprites than I would have anticipated. I know the 3DS XL enlarges the ratio a bit, but I would have hoped that it wouldn't make the graphics any less blurry(?).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I've checked several sites and I'm getting a mixed review from people. So I thought I'd check in over here to see what people thought about the game rendering on the 3DS XL.

I also know of the option of pressing: "start + select" when you start the game to have it play on the regular DS screen mode. That almost makes the game look rather silly on such a large screen. *FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS*

So, am I being overly critical? Or am I correct to say that the graphics on the 3DS XL aren't superb? I'm open to all suggestions or comments/feedback. Thanks for reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 3:35:10 PM PST
IcyParks says:
DS games look absolutely horrible on the 3DS. I recommend putting it in Native mode (start+select) because it has a higher pixel density (makes it look HD) while making the screen the size of a DSi (which is perfectly fine for most people). The blurriness will go away in native mode. I also found that if you set your 3ds to power saving mode off the picture quality is increased in both settings (native and non-native modes).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pokémon Black Version 2
Pokémon Black Version 2 by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars (983)