Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 21, 2013 9:44:13 PM PST
Which should I get? I do have both devices. Never played this game, but I've also never owned a Capcom game... Which may, or may not be good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 9:38:28 AM PST
User says:
I am getting both!, however for the people that can only afford 1, it really depends, Wii U version has online multiplayer which will be more fun, and the 3DS will be Monster Hunter on the go!

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 2:35:40 AM PST
11 says:
Wii U version also has HD graphics. The 3DS one was out for about a year before the WiiU version in Japan, so the WiiU version is more relevant.
Wii U unless you want it portable.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 4:55:54 PM PST
Dracthor says:
If you are mainly going to be playing at home then get the Wii U version. I am getting both versions so that way I don't need to take my Wii U with me when I go to my friends.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 2:24:15 PM PST
Kasey Gilder says:
They announced cross-platform online. So 3DS will be able to play with Wii U. Don't forget that part.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 8:05:43 AM PST
You can both both and get 20 dollars off now if preordered at the same time.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 4:11:59 PM PDT
rejera says:
They Didn't announce cross platform online. 3ds will NOT have online. they Announced Cross-REGION online. meaning that people in North america can play with People in Europe. you can play locally with 1 Wii U and up to 3 3ds' but only locally, not online.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 12:56:04 PM PDT
VVcat says:
I got both games!!! So excited....less than one day left! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 9:51:28 AM PDT
Bob Main says:
Rejera, you are only half correct - they are supposed to release in a few days' time something they call the Packet Relay Tool, which will allow you to take the 3DS version online. 2 Caveats - you will need a Wii/WiiU LAN Adapter, and I think you won't be able to play the WiiU at the same time you use it for this purpose.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2013/03/20/monster-hunter-3u-update-data-transfer-and-3ds-online-tool

As to me, I have both versions arriving in a day or so :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Nintendo Wii U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Nintendo Wii U by Capcom (Nintendo Wii U)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (279)