5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for a light job

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published on August 29, 2011 by Micah Dill

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for a light job, December 22, 2011
m6502 (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3M 82-06RV Headliner Spray Adhesive 4.93-Ounce (Tools & Home Improvement)
I've read of many cases where this product didn't do the job, not just here but in auto forums as well, and I don't dispute those experiences. I tried it because my headliner isn't that bad, there were a couple of small spots on an edge that were barely starting to fall. It was so slight that I could reach over and push the sags back into place, and they'd stay that way for a few minutes.

This product has fixed that problem for the time being, it's held for a couple months so far. My hope is that by catching the sag early, it won't spread.
If your headliner has heavier sagging, then this review might not be relevant to you. But for the small sag that was starting on my car, it was enough.

Update: It has now been over 2 years since I used this product, and the repair described above is still holding. Until I saw this old review in my profile, I had forgotten that it ever had a sag.
I'm convinced this product is suitable for fixing small sags, but based on other people's experiences that I've read here and elsewhere, I can't speak with any confidence on using it to reattach an entire headliner.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M 82-06RV Headliner Spray Adhesive 4.93-Ounce, August 7, 2010
This stuff worked great for fixing the sagging headliner carpet in my boat cabin. Make sure you wear some kind of mask and open as many windows to get fresh air. The stuff has a very strong odor and I'm sure it's not a good idea to breathe in the fumes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, clean finish!, March 1, 2011
Worked great on my car's sagging headliner corners (front and back), and a colleague's (car's) minor sags as well.

I traded in my car a scant 3 months after fixing the headliner, but it looked pretty nice throughout.

Be sure to use the fine beam/spray to get a feel for range/amount sprayed, and fine tune to get better coverage. I *did* end up with less-than-perfect lines of sticky spray - it looks like a bunch of bicycle wheel spokes from the spray point down, with mildly sagging intervening sections.
i.e. Getting good Coverage is tricky, but the product sticks cleanly and doesn't seep through and make the headliner look bad, like I feared it might!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, February 7, 2011
The owner of my local auto parts store suggested I order this from Amazon, rather than buy the products he had in stock. He was right. It works perfectly, and so far as I can tell after four months, permanently. Be careful to follow the instructions, and do make sure you're working in a ventilated area, as this stuff really does smell dangerous to your health.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, August 29, 2011
I recently reupholstered the headliner in my car using this adhesive spray. In the directions it says to put on one coat, wait 10 minutes, and apply a second coat. Well, by the time I got 3/4 of the way through the first coat, the can ran out. They don't give you enough glue to complete the job, and my car did not have that large of a headliner as it's a small hatch-back. I'm not sure why they sell such a small can of this stuff when it's no where near enough to complete even a medium sized job.

Pros: The glue holds the foam-backed fabric really well.

Cons: The can is way too small; you will need to buy more than one for even a small job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective waste of money, September 1, 2011
I purchased four cans of this adhesive for $29 to reupholster the headliner of my car. I followed the directions on the can to the letter. After waiting the prescribed amount of time to apply the fabric, I found to my dismay that the glue had already set to the point that it would no longer stick to the fabric I was gluing. It was a waste of money and time. I am thoroughly displeased.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did NOT work!, July 19, 2011
HammerNH (Henniker, NH) - See all my reviews
I followed the directions EXACTLY (even though they were under the label & hard to read) and the product did NOT keep my headliner in place.
VERY aggravating especially at a price which works out to more than $220.00 per gallon.
That's right - this LITTLE can is $8.50 for less than 5 ounces.
3M - you should be ashamed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job., March 25, 2011
I bought this glue to reglue my headliner. It was the first time I did it and this glue worked great! I coated the entire thing and just smoothed the liner over the glue and it stuck very well. I used a whole can on my camaro. so if you have a large vehicle you will probaly need 2 cans, but this stuff works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Product review, December 23, 2014
I used this product repair head liner on my corvette and it worked and very easy to use .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, December 23, 2014
Works great I used to fix headliner on my corvette.