Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3M Performance Plus Nuclear Duct Tape, Slate Blue, 48-Millimeter by 54.8-Meter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 7, 2009
When we found cracks in the containment structure, we used to have to shut the whole plant down; then there was a lot of hassle with the nuclear regulatory agency about structural integrity and environmental contamination. With this quality duct tape, that's all in the past. Now, when we see a cracked or crumbling wall, we just bring out the tape. The slate blue blends right in. I do recommend that you use use double layers for openings near the reactor core.
88 comments|352 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
Since everyone on Amazon thinks this stuff is hilarious, I figured that it deserves an explanation. Duct tape is used in nuclear power plants for similar reasons that a homeowner would use it for (hanging temporary paper signs, taping temporary power cords out of the way etc). It is NOT used for repair of ANYTHING on primary systems. Standard duct tape can't be used in nuclear power plants for two reasons. First, standard duct tape is silver, which blends in with stainless steel components, so nuclear duct tape is red or blue so it can be found easily and removed. Second, standard duct tape adhesive leaves a residue, and the residue contains sulfides which can lead to Stress Corrosion Cracking in stainless steel.
1010 comments|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2011
It seems everyone reviewing this tape is writing their audition for comedy central. I bought two rolls September 2009. It still works without leaving residue and is as sticky as the day I received it two years ago. Meanwhile similarly aged grey stuff delaminates as I take it off the roll. This is expensive stuff but the roll is huge and performs for years.
33 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2012
We have used this product in an outdoor application and it holds up quite well. Some has held over a year eventhough it has been exposed to the weather.
on July 1, 2015
When I first heard of Nuclear Grade Duct Tape, I slipped it into my wish list in case I had to prove it exists. It's hard to buy gifts for me ... so a friend bought it at Christmas as a gift for me. It has great uses:
* I keep a couple of long pieces and back it with aluminum foil. Doesn't take much room in a cycling bag
* The same kind of aluminum backed tape occupies a spot in my go bag
* When my bicycle light died, I taped a spare LED flashlight to my helmet. Looked ugly but it worked.
* it's been used to tape a GPS to the dashboard of a rental van
* Nuclear Grade Duct made an emergency repair to my $160 CPAP mask until a $3 part is delivered. The tape doesn't have a rough surface or rough edge.
* It's tough but pliable in very tight spots.
* The edges don't curl
* I wouldn't be reluctant to use it on large scrapes if the bandages in my cycling kit were too small. It doesn't sting like spray on bandages.
* It can be used as a temporary repair,while glue or other adhesive cures. No marks when removed.
on January 7, 2009
After a long night of beer and hot wings, I decided to overnight this tape to my house, as I knew what was going to happen.

After the epic birthing of a giant brown monster, I used 3M's performance plus nuclear tape to seal around the bathroom's door into the bedroom. To my surprise, my wife and children never did smell what I had to endure.

After 5 months, 29 days, I removed the tape, and I was happy to find no sticky residue left on the door frame.

I do see Amazon is now selling this for [...] I wish I would have waited, as I did pay full price.
1111 comments|197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2015
This stuff is fabulous for repairing everything that could be poorly repaired with regular duct tape or with Gorilla tape.

It sticks, and it is removable. It lasts for years.
I have other duct tape rolls that after about 2 years get all "crumbly" and worthless.
I have had Gorilla Tape that after about 1 to 1.5 years was disgusting because the glue wasn't really stuck to the tape very well anymore.

This is great stuff, but it still costs WAY too much. When I first bought some it was about $18 per roll, I think as little as 6 months ago it was $22, now it is $35 per roll ! ! What the hell?? It really can't cost twice as much to make this now as it did about 4 years ago.

I gave it 4 stars because of the price.
on June 15, 2011
When I'm flying my Type 40 across the universe, sometimes cracks start appearing in time. Just slap some Nuclear Grade duct tape on there and it'll patch it right up. It's also great for reversing the neutron polarity flow, but I can't say it helped fix up the Chameleon Circuit. My Type 40 is stuck as a blue police box now. Sometimes my Time Vortex acts up, but I just slap on some more Nuclear Grade Performance Plus 3M Duct Tape, and the sexy thing just fires back into life. It also helps protect against Dalek and Cybermen attacks.

Sexy never complains when I patch her up with 3M Performance Plus Nuclear Duct Tape. The Slate Blue blends right into the police box. I had to buy my second roll when the Master stole my last roll.

This stuff is so amazing, sometimes I think it's made out of wibbley, wobbley, timey, whimey...stuff.

Delivery was quick no matter where I was in space and time.
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2009
At first I believed my professor when he said that I couldn't get anything better than an A+. Now I know the truth. There is a secret nuclear grade to which I must aspire.
on March 6, 2015
This is the best duct tape u can buy sticks very good in all types of weather expensive tho but worth it