4.0 out of 5 stars Better quality
The vacuum attachment I bought came with a similar sanding screen but was not even close to the quality of this screen. The 3M screen is stronger and more durable. The cheap screen that came with the attachment tool became "clogged" with putty in a very short time, however, these screens have lasted much longer. Definitely worth buying the extra screens.
Published on January 24, 2013 by TW

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better finish
This is a great piece of sandpaper for medium sanding, but for finish sanding (especially drywall) they leave scratch marks that are highly visible after painting.
Published on January 11, 2013 by Michael Tornillo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better finish, January 11, 2013
This review is from: 3M 9089NA Drywall Sanding Screen, 4 3/16in x 11 1/4 in, 2-Sheet Fine-Grit (Tools & Home Improvement)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better quality, January 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than sandpaper at the same price, September 11, 2012
FXP (New York City) - See all my reviews
The tough screen works and is like abrasive window screening. When it loads up just take it off and run it under the faucet to clean, put it back on and good to go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product worked as advertised, March 6, 2013
I used this to finish the process of converting a popcorn ceiling to a flat ceiling. After scraping the popcorn off and using a sanding screen with more grit to get as close to drywall as possible, I applied a thin coat of joint compound over the whole ceiling and used this sanding screen to make it smooth. It worked well in combination with the "Hyde Tools 09165 Dust-Free Drywall Vacuum Hand Sander with 6-Foot Hose" I also purchased at Amazon connected to a shop vac with a HEPA filter. It wasn't easy and it wasn't fast, but it wasn't as messy as when I've done it without these and the finished product looks like it was always a flat ceiling.

Pros: Good finished product once I figured out how much pressure to apply.

Cons: The 15' x 15' ceiling required both screens (both sides). That might be about right, but I expected the screens to hold up a little longer than that. I was having to apply a bit more pressure than I would have liked by the end. To be fair, that could be unrealistic expectations on my part having never used this product before.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lung Is A Terrible Thing To Waste, July 30, 2014
I used this in conjunction with an attachment to my Shop Vac and vacuum air hose to scrape the crud (known down here as popcorn paint) off a 500sqft sloped ceiling. I don't know how I would have done it any other way without putting me in the ER. The varying types of screen from fine to coarse lasted the entire job between a two coats of spackle and two coats of primer latex paint. The finished job looks spectacular if I do say so myself....and I just did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well., July 29, 2011
I could have sworn that I added sandpaper to my cart but this is what I ended up with. Regardless, it works just fine for my needs. I don't have any experience in sanding screens, but this seems perfectly serviceable to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cut For Refill for Sofn Feet Pedicure Tool, May 15, 2014
I purchased these to cut up and use as a replacement refills for my Sofn Feet pedicure tool. The tool actually comes with MEDIUM GRIT which also works well. It was just cheaper to buy and cut these than buy the actual refills the company and vendors offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars clean sanding, December 27, 2014
This is the first time I have used sanding screens. I am not just using them for drywall, but also some painted surfaces. I didn't know if they would work well or not, but they are doing a good job. They do get a little clogged with the paint, but keep the cleanup to a minimum. I haven't used these as much, as the medium grit has worked really well and not left marks that would need fine sanding to remove.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M Drywall Sanding Screen, June 17, 2014
Great, especially for the first sanding and one can touch up and finish with fine sand paper where meeded. This product is recommended.

Dano

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, May 4, 2014
This is the same product I have used for quite some time...but at a much better price than I was paying locally.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›