- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00GBI4B9G
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
0 items added
To add items, choose from the table below
3M Flap Disc 577F, T29, Alumina Zirconia, Dry/Wet
|Price:||$6.30 - $78.43|
|Grit Material Type||Zirconia Alumina|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
3M Flap Disc 577F
3M Flap Disc 577F tackles the toughest high-pressure metalworking applications and leaves a blended finish, all in a single step. Our abrasive flap disc features fast-cutting alumina zirconia mineral on durable polyester-backed flaps for extra cutting power, and long life on heavy duty applications such as weld removal, sharp-edge work, and beveling.
- Alumina zirconia mineral with a grinding aid provides more cutting power than aluminum oxide across all metal types.
- Flaps combine grinding and blending into one step for time savings.
- Heavyweight polyester-backed flaps provide longer life on high-pressure applications such as sharp-edge work and beveling.
- Quick change disc simplifies disc changes.
Ideal for tough grinding applications where final finish is important, the overlapping layers of the flaps on 3M Flap Disc 577F continually wear away with use to expose fresh abrasive mineral for a fast, consistent cut, while the cushioning of the flaps creates a blended finish. Flap discs typically generate a finish one grade finer than the disc is graded, reducing finishing steps. A grinding aid reduces grinding temperatures for processes involving heat-sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, nickel alloys, and titanium.
Flap discs are used on a right angle grinder. Giant size flap discs have the same diameter as standard flap discs but wider flaps. The wider flaps create extra-thick layers and are packed with 25% more abrasive material than on standard flap discs, for more aggressive cut and longer life.
Flap discs are three-dimensional grinding discs with overlapping layers of abrasive-coated, fiber-reinforced flaps that fan out from a central hub. These flaps continually wear away with use to expose fresh mineral for a fast, consistent cut. The one-step alternative to bonded wheels and fiber discs, flap discs grind and finish in a single step, making them a time and cost-saving solution in many typical applications. Under normal conditions, flap discs will generate a finish that is one grade finer than the finish of a fiber disc of the same grade. And, because their overlapping construction allows more abrasive material to be loaded onto the cutting surface, they far outlast typical discs. Flap discs have the flexibility to easily follow curves and contours while delivering less gouging and enhancing operator comfort. They are ideal for a wide range of applications, including weld grinding, deburring, rust removal, edge grinding, and weld seam blending.