4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Stovepipe
Despite not being recommended for wood/coal stoves, I used this high temperature tape to seal my wood stove flue collar, and it works great. Airtight, with no shrinkage/deterioration whatsoever!
Published on November 8, 2010 by W. Tweeddale

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 3M High Temperature Tape
Published on August 13, 2012 by Fred

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 3M High Temperature Tape, August 13, 2012
This review is from: 3M High Temperature Flue Tape, 15-Foot Roll (Tools & Home Improvement)
Ordered this tape thinking I was going to get the 3M 2113NA good up to 600 degrees F. What I got from Amazon is the 3M #L230-HT(same as Scotch® High Temperature Duct Tape 1160-HT-A). The point is the tape I got is only good up to 200 degrees F. Amazon just put a sticker on it saying it was the 3M 2113NA tape. Very deceptive. I would not recommend ordering this unless you are prepared to return it.3M 2113NA High Temperature Flue Tape, 15-Foot Roll

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Stovepipe, November 8, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good flue tape - leaks, January 21, 2013
I used it on a pellet stove vent pipe and I had to seal over the edges of the tape with high temp silicon sealant after I found ash was blowing out around taped joints. Useless on flue pipe joints that never exceed 200ºF. High temperature flue tape? Not this one!
I did clean the pipe with acetone before taping the joints.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails at around 500, February 3, 2013
Doesn't stick well to powder coated grill. Adhesive gets mushy and doesn't hold well at lower temps i.e. 400 as I tried to use it to hold a grill door down tighter for powder coating. At 500 to 550, for burn off, it crisped up like a potatoe chip, it delaminated and all adhesive disappeared.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, May 18, 2013
I managed to get a strip about 4 inches long off the roll. Then when I tried for another strip, the sticky part separated from the silver part. Total mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only stuff rated for flues, September 30, 2010
John Pf (Beacon, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I do energy audits and teach BPI courses. This is the only metal tape I could find rated for 600F. Most other tapes that most people use are not rated for the high temperature that a flue can reach, especially oil appliances.

1.0 out of 5 stars What do you use this for?, February 16, 2013
Viewed this product and its details before purchasing. Upon receiving this item I first noticed that it is a very narrow tape (smaller than duct tape). Need it to seal the joints in the ducting of our chimney where smoke comes through on our wood stove. The package states that it is not to be used on wood stoves; however, this was not listed in the item description. So what exactly would you use this product for?

1.0 out of 5 stars Tape was old and adhesive dried out, December 27, 2012
Both rolls of tape appeared to be ancient. Most of the adhesive was dried out and stuck to the upper layer. Not usable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tape to use on the grill, November 2, 2011
I used to mask some vents on my gas grill to stop heat from escaping.

Tape withstood repeated cooking and show no sign of coming off even after being on the outside in rain for many months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on my pellet stove, January 8, 2013
I bought this to seal the exhaust pipes on my pellet stove. There is no issue handling the heat. Next time I need more high temperature tape for my pellet stove, I won't hesitate to buy this again.

3M High Temperature Flue Tape, 15-Foot Roll