5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Keyboard Tray
The assembly is very simple. The installation does require some planning that the instructions do not cover. If you want the front edge of the keyboard tray flush with the front edge of your desk surface, then you will need to further recess the sliding track back from the front edge. This additional recess is not covered in the installation instructions...
Published on June 11, 2009 by Larry W. Cormicle

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff height adjustment. OK, not phenomenal.
I just installed this tray. I agree with the reviewer who commented on needing to further recess the track. I didn't do this, and consequently my keyboard tray, when it is pushed under the desk as far as it can go, still sticks out from under the edge of the desk by 2-3 inches. That's a minor complaint.

My main complaint is that the height adjustment is...
Published on August 8, 2010 by O. Delio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Keyboard Tray, June 11, 2009
This review is from: 3M Easy Adjust Keyboard Tray with Standard Platform, 17 3/4 Inch Track, Antimicrobial Gel Wrist Rest (Office Product)

Once installed the keyboard tray is solid and sturdy. The one hand adjustment for height is smooth and holds where ever you release it. The knob that adjust the tilt angle works very well and even has an indicator that shows the degress of till, up or down. This was not clear prior to purchasing, and it is a pleasant surprise to have this feature. Once you set the keyboard tray tilt angle it stays fixed even as you adjust the height of the keyboard tray and slide it in and out. Great feature!

I would highly recommend this and I am considering buying a second one for my other office. This is a 5 star keyboard tray.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff height adjustment. OK, not phenomenal., August 8, 2010

My main complaint is that the height adjustment is amazingly stiff - you need to push or lift on the arm mechanism forcefully to get it to move. You can't push on the tray itself, or it would snap, and if your desk is made of some less sturdy material than solid wood, you may also hesitate in pushing at the arm mechanism in case you damage your desk. The plus side to this is - if you're one of those people who can adjust the height once and then leave it there forever - the stiffness prevents the tray from slipping from your setting.

The tilt works fine. It adjusts easily with a knob located beside the arm mechanism. The tray is a good size - fits my standard keyboard and trackball with no issues.

Overall, I guess I'm glad I got it. I wish there was a knob or alternate mechanism enabling the height adjustment, so that it wasn't a matter of brute force to move it up or down. The pickings are fairly slim for a shallow-depth desk (mine is < 22" deep) and this was one of the few trays I saw with a short enough track for my desk to accomodate.

One last thing to note. The screws need to penetrate about 3/4" into your desk. My desk is only about 1" thick, so this was a bit tricky, but do-able. Recommend if you have a desktop thickness of < 1" you don't purchase this particular tray.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product is great. Documentation is poor, May 30, 2013
The tray and slide mechanism are very structurally sound and I find it easy to adjust once you figure out the elevation mechanism. It saves a lot of desk space. I would have rated it 5-stars except for the installation directions, discussed below.

If you follow the installation directions, the tray will protrude from under your desk by several inches when stored. The trick is to assemble the unit and then carefully measure from the front of the tray to the back of the mounting track in the closed position to see how far back it should be positioned under your desk. I was aware of this from other reviews, so it did not cause a problem for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, April 5, 2011
I am now working from home full time and the silly little pull out shelf tray that came with my desk was not even close to ergonomic. After a week of working from home, my wrists hurt so bad that I had to stop working (costing me money!). This keyboard tray is fabulous, has all the features I wanted, has adjustable height and has an indicator showing how you have it adjusted ("Platform Height Relative to Mounting Surface"; in my case, -3"; it goes up to +2" and down to -4"), has adjustable tilt (which is extremely important) with an indicator showing degree of tilt (in my case -10 degrees; range +10 degrees to -15 degrees). It does swivel, but it is "stiff," which is exactly how it should be; it takes both hands to swivel it, and it doesn't swivel "by accident" when you don't want it to. The platform itself is sturdy, when I type it does not wiggle or jiggle or clatter or anything--very quiet. I elected not to adhere the mousing surface that came with it so that I could use the mouse on either left or right, which I like to switch periodically. I did use one of the cord control clips at this point.

I think it was a excellent purchase; I am very pleased, and I look forward to using it for years.

P.S. I cannot speak about the installation; I had my husband and my father do it, which they tell me they did in about 45 minutes. My husband said that it was easier than expected, but having two people was a big help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard but modify install, May 27, 2013
This was mentioned in other post, but just to clarify. If you follow direction the keyboard tray will stick out when pushed in. Not just a little but alot. The direction say recess the edge by 1/2", but I found 6" is the right amount. Big difference huh? The only way the directions make sense is if you want the tray to be higher than desk install on Then you may have to mount it closer. Otherwise a great keyboard tray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, March 23, 2013
I first got the knob adjust tray and I don't recommend that if you have to readjust it throughout the day. Especially if you have carpal tunnel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - Terrible instructions, September 23, 2011
Cynthia (Carol Stream, IL USA) - See all my reviews
BE SURE TO READ OTHER REVIEWS BEFORE BUYING THIS PRODUCT

It's a great product. Very sturdy. But the installation instructions were worse than useless. If I had been able to figure them out and follow them, my drawer would be sticking out 8 or 9 inches - unable to retract any further.

If you want to be able to slide your drawer back even with your desk, you need to install the arm much further back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lower quality components, missing parts, dysfunctional locking mechanism, December 9, 2012
The locking knob would not secure the vertical movement of the arm so it always rose to its maximum height regardless of where I tried to lock it.

I returned this item as defective and bought a Versa tray instead for my home office.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice keyboard tray, but is not flush with the desk edge when retracted., June 16, 2011
Jeffhdz (CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I am typing this review with my keyboard and mouse on this exact keyboard tray. As with many other 3M products that I have used, this is a high quality product that functions as described. The tray is large and sturdy. All adjustments work as advertised. Installation was much easier than other brands that uses two hanging tracks. The included gel wrist rest and the mouse pad surface are very nice.

The drawback is that the description does not tell you that the keyboard tray is not flush with the desk edge when retracted. About 4 inches of the tray stick out. This is installing using the supplied template for positioning. If the desk is deep enough, perhaps you can install the tracks further back to avoid the problem. On the other hand, the lever-adjustable AKT71LE model does not have this problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions could be WAY better., October 18, 2014
First the positives: The build quality of the unit seems robust. It is replacing a keyboard tray of similar design but which had plastic instead of steel for some components. The action (slide/tilt/swing) is smooth and with more than adequate travel.

Now the negatives. The pictogram instructions leave a lot to be desired. I have assembled my share of IKEA type furniture, so I am accustomed to pictures rather than text to explain the installation, but these didn't do the job. There is a top and a bottom to the keyboard tray. The top is the side with the countersunk predrilled screw holes. The picture doesn't show this detail and it does matter. The order of assembly isn't optimal either. They have you attaching the gel wrist rest with two-sided adhesive before attaching the bracket. If you do it wrong (see previous), you have to peel it off and start over again. It is quite easy to attach the gel wrist rest after it is entirely assembled and in the track. Now for the really frustrating part: the track. This is the 17 3/4" version. The instructions have a nice template for positioning/drilling screw holes. The instructions say, "If keyboard tray is deeper than 12", mount baseframe a further 1/2" back from front edge of the work surface." I measure the keyboard tray, Just a little less than 12". When fully assembled per the instructions, the keyboard tray protruded some 5" past the desktop when fully retracted. These instructions might work for the longer track model, but NOT for this one. I had to remove the baseframe track, reposition the template back some 5" (the most I could do with my desk) redrill 6 screw holes and reattach the unit. With proper instructions, the whole project could have been done much more quickly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›