Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3M Gel Wrist Rest, Black Leatherette, 6.9 Inch Length, Antimicrobial Product Protection (WR305LE)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 27, 2010
not much to say about this. it's a wrist rest, i use it for my elbow so it doesnt rest on the table and go numb. its awesome, well worth the cash. Hasn't shown the slightest bit of degrading after months.

1-12-11 UPDATE : Still going stong. Use it everyday, no degrade.

10-25-11 UPDATE : STILL using this. There is a slight worn in look to it now, but it still functions perfectly!

9-19-14 UPDATE : Everyone seems to have found the updates helpful. I have used this less and less since my last update due to getting a different desk setup. At the moment, with occasional to rare use, it still stands strong.

At this point and time, I think people should understand that this is a low cost, high quality product for the price. As a disclaimer please note that depending on usage, yours may degrade faster or less. If I could have kept track of how many hours a day I use it I would have.
33 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2010
This wrist rest is a lightweight and soft product that provides excellent support while using a computer mouse. I read about similar products irritating the skin due to an abrasive covering; this pad has a smooth, pliable surface that is non-abrasive and does not cause the skin to sweat. It also has a tacky under-surface ensuring that it stays in place. I noticed an improvement in my wrist pain within the first two days of use. I bought two and will buy more in the future.
on May 12, 2010
I bought this gel wrist rest to replace another gel pad that wasn't working for me. The other one had a clear, shiny outer skin, which tended to stick to my wrist and make it sweat. This one is covered with a faux leather (vinyl) exterior that is smooth and WAY more comfortable than the traditional clear gel pads. I also find that the narrow, elongated shape works better on my very petite wrist. I spend all day at the computer, and this wrist wrest has been a huge life saver. Extremely comfortable.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2008
I'm very happy with this product. I've had it for two days and it's very soft and smooth; great wrist support. Also quality craftsmanship.

I was reluctant to buy this product because it didn't have any reviews, but I'm definitely happy I made the purchase and highly recommend it to others.
on November 6, 2014
I have a 2008 Toyota 4runner and the spot on the driver's door armrest where my elbow rested had lost all cushioning. I used a couple strips of 3M double sided tape to attach it and my elbow is much more comfortable now. I realize this is not what this product is for but if you have a car that either has a hard plastic armrest or like me, one that is worn out, this works like a charm and is well worth the money.
on May 14, 2015
I was sick of my wrists/elbows hurting from the desk. So, I decided to order 2 of these and use them however I wanted. Turns out they were just what I needed! So comfortable and great size. The gel feel is fantastic (not too soft or too firm). Plus, seem easy to clean as well.
on November 7, 2015
This is a nice little wrist rest for a mouse. I have been experiencing some pain when sitting at the computer for long periods of time so I'm going through the process of making my workstation more ergonomic. This rest is nice and heavy so it stays pretty well where you put it. It is not crazy heavy or anything but weighted so you don't move it around much without meaning to. It has a medium density gel feeling to it, almost like a memory foam mattress or something. Not hard gel like rubber but not soft like a pillow, just about right. The gel is covered in a vinyl or faux leather of some sort that seems pretty comfortable. I have not noticed it getting sweaty or weird in any way like as if sitting on a leather sofa in shorts on a hot day. My reason for one star being deducted is that I think it could be a tiny bit higher than it is, just a hair. This is likely a personal preference but 4 stars means I like it and 5 stars means I love it so in this case I just like it a lot. I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could. It does what it is intended to do, it keeps your wrist from bending back which keeps it in a more neutral position so if you're doing a lot of mousing (if that's a word), you don't get pain or numbness in your wrist. The quality of the rest seems quite good which is not surprising for something from 3M, a reputable company. I expect this will last quite some time.
on April 4, 2016
I've had this product for 2 weeks now. It is very comfortable and squishy and works great with my Logitech trackball mouse. It feels great on my arm. It is also good for the summer as the gel stays pretty cool, so when you first put your wrist on it, it is pretty cold. The coldness doesn't last forever though. Maybe just a few minutes before it heats up due to body heat. I know some other reviewers says their's was leaking fluid, but mine has not done that yet. If it does, I will update my review. So far I love this wrist rest. It feels a ton better than having to put my wrist on my desk. The rubber on the bottom grips really well so it doesn't move around that easily. I highly recommend anyone with a trackball mouse to get one if your's doesn't already come with a wrist rest!

Update 5/21/2016:
It has been 2 months with this wrist rest. I am still loving it. Nothing leaked and it works as good as new.
on October 17, 2015
I already owned the keyboard wristguard, so bought this one as a mouse wristguard to match. The leather makes it look nicer than other wristguards. It's rubberized on the bottom so it doesn't slide around. No complaints.
on February 28, 2016
Update 3/26/2016:
After using this for a while I find that my wrist goes numb and I lose feeling in my fingers. When I first got it a few weeks ago, it was a lot softer then it is now. So I am returning it.

Old Review
I just got a new trackpad for my Mac computer and it is a little thiner then my old one and I was finding my wrist was hurting after a lot of time at the computer. I got this wrist rest hoping it would help and boy has it! My hand is no longer going to sleep on me and no more wrist pain while at the computer or after. I was worried that the rest would slid/slip off my desk but it really does hold on to the desk and doe snot slid at all. If it ever starts I am sure a little doubled sided poster tape under it would fix it.