Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: 72 Inches x 48 Inches|Color: Mahogany-Finish Widescreen|Change
Price:$201.78+ Free shipping

on July 4, 2013
I paid $134.00 (shipped) for this board from Warehouse Deals, Inc. through Amazon. Most of the other sellers were charging about $75 for shipping, pushing the total price of the product to around $200.00. I read reviews that many people received their board and it was damaged but I rolled the dice in hopes that mine would arrive in pristine condition. It did not. I've uploaded a few photos so you can get an idea of the amount of damage.

I'm going to keep it because the damage is on the back, frame and marker tray but the dry erase board part is fine.
review image review image review image
on April 15, 2013
Shipping:
I had to be at home to receive the package due to its size. It was packaged very well to protect the board during transit. No damage whatsoever to the dry erase board aside from some small scuffs on the graphite finish frame. The "graphite finish" is more like a black matte paint and I expect it to scuff more over time.

Installation:
The install was easy for something of this size (72"x48"). I found the studs in the wall, made a mark 8" down from the ceiling, installed the mounting brackets, and hung the board. It was a little finicky getting the mounting brackets to slip in between the frame and the back of the board because my wall isn't perfectly flat. I can only assume this is the problem other customers were running into when giving this product a bad review solely based on the mounting brackets. This is not like hanging a picture on the wall - you are mounting this firmly to a wall. You need to be comfortable with levels, drills, drywall anchors, stud finders, etc. to install this and interpret the instructions. The smaller sized dry erase boards can be installed without the brackets by using the included velcro adhesive strips which drastically simplifies the installation - just make sure it's level and stick it up against the velcro strips.

Functionality:
I have only used this for a short while and will update this review if performance deteriorates over time. At this time, the board is exactly what I was looking for. A very sturdy melamine dry erase board. You will see some ghosting because it is melamine, but it is not excessive and easy enough to clean up with dry erase cleaning solution if needed. The surface is glossy, so it reflects lights from around the room, which is a little distracting. The tray that installs on the bottom of the board for holding pens, erasers, etc, could be designed better. It's a thin piece of metal that just slides into a canal on the back of the board. It's a little flimsy and I would have preferred to have had screws to mount it to the bottom of the board instead.

Overall, the shipping, installation, and functionality met my expectations. I would have given 5 stars if it were not for the matte black (graphite) finish that easily scuffs and the somewhat flimsy tray. Perhaps these are nitpicks in the eyes of some, so don't let this deter you from purchasing the product. At $208 after shipping and tax, I'm happy with this purchase and would recommend it to others looking for a dry erase board of this size.
on March 31, 2012
Received item cracked in 3 places.

What I received did not match what is shown on the site. The board had screws all around it's edges.

Amazon is handling the product return very professionally but returning such a large item is VERY painful. Took it local UPS store but was told that size of the box is outside the scope of what UPS can ship. Now Amzon is arranging special pick for this large item.
on January 13, 2012
We bought this board for our law firm due to its professional look. When we opened the package we discovered that the white board had been punctured by the corner of the tray that was taped to the inside of the box. We returned the board and received a replacement. When we opened this package, the back of the board was cracked halfway down from a frame screw, but we figured that it would not show. We went to mount the board, but the directions were woefully inadequate. We wanted to hang the board with the "standard mount" using the brackets provided, but the brackets seemed too large and did not provide a secure flush mount. We ended up using the "quick mount" using only the adhesive mounting strips. The board looks very nice, but I am hoping that the strips actually hold the board up through continued use.
on March 27, 2012
This is a solid, stylish white board. It's quality construction, made of fine materials. But, oddly, the mounting brackets do not work. There is nowhere on the back of the white board on which the mounting brackets can insert or attach. It's really weird. Also, there were no instructions in the box on how to mount the white board. That said, there are 3M adhessive tabs on the back which are adequate to the task.
on June 17, 2014
I purchased this dry erase board for our company's conference room. It is a very attractive board with brushed aluminum trim and quality construction. I was concerned that shipping this size of board could cause some damage in transit, but it arrived quickly and well packed. Installation requires some planning and extra effort. Definitely use a long level to make sure the four mounting brackets are placed evenly. The quality of the mounting hardware could be improved, as the brackets bent quite easily while we were trying to place the board. After a few tries, we were able to secure the board to the wall and it looks great. Very happy with the purchase.
on October 24, 2013
I bought this for my son to work college engineering problems during the summer which he did. Now back at school out of state, my daughter has taken it over for her projects. Very cool to have this in a workspace; wish I could get access to it!

The mechanical hangers are a little iffy in my opinion, but they've stayed on the wall and mount about as flush as is mechanically possible, thus my 4 star rating.
on December 23, 2015
3M Dry Erase Board, 72 x 48-Inches, Widescreen Mahogany-Finish Frame
Extremely disappointed with this product.

Once we hung this board with the correct velcro to attach it to the wall to hang flat, we noticed the bottom right side kept popping out of the velcro and would not lay flat. Seeing that the top laid flat and putting a level on the wall showing that it was flat so it was obvious the board itself was warped.

Packaging was very well done, so I believe this board was warped before it was boxed.

Product feedback won't let me go into much detail on the seller's return process, but please view my seller's feedback before considering purchasing.
review image
on September 12, 2014
The mounting system is truly the work of idiots. We made it work, but a small amount of thought could have removed this aggravation. This is the best that 3M can do? Really? The board itself is decent, not great. The borders of fake metal are a haphazard effort to class it up. A basic sturdy frame would have served one and all better. Overall... meh!
on June 27, 2015
For the money, especially, this is a great white board. It does not flex, unlike the less expensive boards. There is no odor (some have an odor from the back of the board; this board it coated on the back) and it looks great (I got the light cherry border, mainly since it was one of the lowest cost versions that one could order directly from Amazon). The top and bottom of the frame are screwed into the board, not just glued. The marker/eraser holder snaps easily into place (once I figured it out, that is ;-)) and I use the board on a Dalite easle/stand with the marker holder in place. The setup is very stable. I had gotten one of the Quest boards and it was terrible-- flimsy, a noxious odor that permeated the room in which it was situation and poorly constructed. For less than twice the price one can get 10x the value.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse