5.0 out of 5 stars Breathing Help for Asthmatics
Published on December 13, 2011 by George S. Contarsy

3.0 out of 5 stars Works good if not breathing hard
They do work in normal breathing situations, but it is hard to breath in them when doing hard outside yard work. If you are taking big breaths from working hard, the air just goes around the outside of the mask.
Published 12 months ago by Mary Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathing Help for Asthmatics, December 13, 2011
I have severe asthma. The slightest exposure to dust, mold, polen etc. can set off a debilitating ashtma attach. I am susceptible to bronchial infection. A trip in an airplane is like inhaling germ soup. I wear the mask when flying, gardening, doing household cleaning and repairs, and in wind storms. It really works. Try it and you will see for yourself. Forget about your appearance when wearing it. Health is worth everything. This product will help keep you healthy. Comes twenty masks to a box. I would discard the mask after every use.

5.0 out of 5 stars The difference between day and night is just a MASK away!, December 25, 2013
The 1860 N95 mask is NIOSH certified which means these masks will filter off up to 95% of particulates as advertised.

For effective filtering, make sure you press the metal strip and align it with the contours of your nose so unfiltered air doesn't enter the mask. Lastly, ensure that air isn't leaking in/out of your chin area.

I'm a person that suffers from moderate dust allergy. I'd get sneezing spells while entering a moderately dusty area. Ever since I've used this mask, my sneezing spells have stopped COMPLETELY!

I personally use this mask while doing spring cleaning, and also as a breathing mask for filtering off haze particulates that reaches my home when forest fires happen. Be sure to stock up a box of these masks at home apart from your first aid kit. You'll never know when these masks would come in handy. As an added plus, the head bands of these masks have never snapped off my head.

NOTE: Do not stockpile dozens of boxes of these masks in your home if you rarely use them. These masks come with an expiry date stamped on the bottom of the box. An N95 mask has an approximate shelf life of 3 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extended Lifetime Warranty, August 13, 2012
I do a lot of remodeling, and I get into every kind of hazardous airborne particles you could imagine. There are times I have to use a respirator, but most of the time I just use a dust particle mask. I bought them by the cast and go through a half dozen or more a day. I thought they were the most feasible application, but over the years I noticed I had become a bit more sensitive to formaldehyde, fiberglass and the overall accumulation of unknown particles. I would put a foam strip on the nose piece to keep my breath from fogging up my goggles, and even an extra wrap to hold it on more snuggly. I have tried every type of mask on the market. They either just hung on my face like a cardboard box, clog up immediately or became saturated with moisture while breathing. Most were just way too expensive and over rated.
I noticed the price of these 3M Medical Masks have become a lot more reasonable without leaving out any of the great features about it. The two band straps hold it snuggly and evenly on your face without leaving any permanent facial disfiguration like those heavy respirators do. The inner material is soft and sealing on your face and doesn't build up moisture. The outer 'clinical' looking green material might be great for restricting fluids from absorbing into the mask and possibly being drawn into your lungs, it also restricts dust particles from accumulating and clogging. And equally as important, it already comes with the upgraded foam at the nose piece.
I also noticed, I don't go through these as quickly as other masks, whether less or even more expensive. Not much more I can ask for. I think I'll order these on a scheduled basis.
NOTE: If there are warnings on products that may cause lung disease, like cigarettes, chemical sprays, etc. - Then there should be a Green label on this product stating it May Prevent lung diseases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Good Fit, December 10, 2011
W. Stohler (Honolulu, HI USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
These N95 particulate respirators (capable of filtering 95% of particulates when worn correctly) are fairly comfortable, and easy to breathe while using. These have an added green fabric, and are rated for health care professional use. I bought them to wear on the plane for the next time I get stuck sitting next to a coughing person who would be likely to infect me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, August 13, 2012
Product is brand new in a Box of 20. Much thicker than those you would find and covers very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very highly rated for stopping Ebola virus, October 4, 2014
Stephen R. Herndon (Pembroke Pines, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy-University of Minnesota---"Being at first skeptical that Ebola virus could be an aerosol-transmissible disease, we are now persuaded by a review of experimental and epidemiologic data that this might be an important feature of disease transmission, particularly in healthcare settings." Google in then above to find the complete research article

If one sneezes, cough or spits in a closed room without proper veneration it can stay airborne for up to 10 minutes. Also if they have wiped their nose, mouth, sweat, etc on a handle such as on a door, etc and you touch it and have a cut on hand or you wipe you mouth, nose or eyes shortly after wards you can contract it.

Those hospitals in the US where these Ebola people are being held the ventilation system has been rerouted so that it does not allow that rooms ventilation system to go back into the main system for the whole hospital. So much for that government bull of it not being airborne

If you use a cleaner for Ebola the research says it must be at least 60% alcohol base.

5.0 out of 5 stars Respirator Mask, January 20, 2012
Works well for its intended purpose. I use when painting, around sick people and when traveling in areas that might have airborne diseases.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality mask at a good price., September 10, 2012
These masks are good build quality and they are a good value for the price. I would recommend these to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY good mask, March 26, 2012
this is just what I was looking for. I wear these mowing the yard and I do a lot of wood working in my shop.
they do a great job of filtering out everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared, November 9, 2013
Nice Masks, they feel good on the face and I could breath easy. I like 3M seems like they last.