|Item Weight||7.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.1 x 7.4 x 3.8 inches|
|Item model number||H9A|
|Size||Over the head|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Usage||Active Noise Reduction|
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
3M Peltor Optime 98 Earmuff
|Price:||$11.65 ($11.65 / Earmuff)|
|You Save:||$7.07 (38%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- For noise levels up to 95 dBA
- Stainless steel construction resists bending and warping
- Earcup pivot points tilt for optimum comfort and efficiency
- Ultra light with liquid/foam filled earmuff cushions
- Noise reduction rating (NRR): 26 dB CSA Class A
- Noise Reduction Rating of 25 dB
- Lightweight headband for user comfort
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) They are not to big and bulky like the higher NRR rated models I have. The bigger ones are quieter, but they are noticably bigger and heavier. I prefer this smaller size for most things and only wear the bigger ones for really noisy infrequent tasks.
2) They provide good sound deadening. They work fine for typical jobs like skillsaws, tractor work, etc.
3) They are comfortable. The cushion is comfortable against my head.
4) They operate nicely. Unlike the even smaller red AO Safety 19 or 20 db model I have, these pair are easy to get on my head without getting all twisted up. I hate the AO Safety pair because I always end up fighting to get the two ear cups apart and facing the right direction. These Peltor H9As can usually be put on my head with one hand without too much fuss.
- Fits perfectly on my son's head, and is comfortable enough for him not to try getting rid of them every thirty seconds (we removed the earmuffs during breaks in the program, though)
- Fits perfectly on my (adult sized) head; very comfortable to wear, only my ears got a bit sweaty after a while
- Dampens the noise level to a very comfortable level
- Let's human (Daddy's ...) voice through from 1-2 ft distance (... son, don't climb there ...)
- Sturdy construction; my son's fell on the concrete floor several times - not a scratch
- Easy adjustment to ones head diameter
None that I could think of ... well, the sticker on the side says "3M" instead of "Peltor" ... like I would care ...
So, for me and my 3 year old son, these earmuffs worked perfectly for an indoor event with extremely loud music, engine noise and crowd.
I got them so that I could better focus on work at home - there can be many distracting noises that obstruct serious thought. While they do not cancel everything out - they drastically reduce noise. If someone directly in front of me starts talking to me, I will hear what they are saying, albeit at a reduced noise level. However, when I went into a connected room, and asked my mom and my sister to have a conversation in the room I was initially in, I couldn't hear what they were saying.
The really bring me a sense of inner peace and centeredness - I can focus on my work without worrying about becoming distracted with random noises in the house. It allows you to get into your own world. I would advise people, however, to notify their house mates when they are going to use them to tune out - it would be horrible if something happened at the other end of the house and one remained unaware because one could not hear the noise.
Overall - very good product. Comfortable, and would recommend. Won't give them 5 stars because they are my first pair of earmuffs - and would have like a pair that zapped out ambient noise even more!!
These muffs seal around my ears much better than my cheapo muffs, almost to the point of popping my ears if I yank them straight out too suddenly. However, this is due to the sealing action of soft, flexible pad, and not that the head band squeezes too tightly. The plastic on the outside of the ear cup is thick and durable (I sort of knocked these earmuffs off a high shelf onto a concrete floor, and they weren't cracked or damaged in any way), but they're not as heavy or obtrusive as the bigger Peltor muffs (which stick out farther from your head).
The padded top band is also a nice improvement over the hard plastic of the cheap "industrial" muffs I own.
I typically wear my earmuffs over safety glasses and a dust mask, neither of which affects the fit of these muffs. I would expect the arms of the glasses to interfere with the fit, but they still seal very well. I can force the muffs to lift up a bit if I turn my head and flex my neck just so, and at that point I notice a slight increase in transmitted noise. However, the presence of safety glasses does not cause this - the muffs remain comfortably sealed around my ears.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked great for my 4 year old at a monster truck rally. I can easily wear them as well (as an adult :)Published 21 hours ago by John H. Harrison
These work great and greatly reduce and muffle noise. They are a little bit bulky though and will require a high scope mount for cheek weld.Published 3 days ago by Carlos Velasquez
I put my earphones in it for a sound cancellation headset. I work from home so I just saved $100 by no purchasing a real pair.Published 9 days ago by William J Jupp
These are so much better than earplugs. If someone starts talking to you, just till them up and you can hear again. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Samantha J Long
Purchased these for my daughter to use at the race track. They fit her and I wonderfully. She has even used them to help her concentrate at school. Read morePublished 16 days ago by DragonD
These block out sound really well when used with power tools and for meditation. Inexpensive, well made, look like they'll last, and they do the job.Published 19 days ago by John Bowman
I purchased one pair of these and subsequently ordered another pair so I could have one for indoors and outdoors.. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Joe