5.0 out of 5 stars Giant Neon Colored Post-It Notes! What's not to love?!
OK, I confess that I'm one of those people who just love office supplies. (It started small with a love of school supplies and just snowballed from there!) I was an early adopter of Post-It notes when they were introduced and now, over 30 years later, I'm falling in love with the Big Pad!

Every year I have to take one or two classes to maintain a professional...
Published 17 months ago by Penumbra

3.0 out of 5 stars Its big in size, but not on stick
Published 16 months ago by Michael Demeritt

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant Neon Colored Post-It Notes! What's not to love?!, February 5, 2013
This review is from: 3M Post-it Big Pad, Yellow, 11 x 11-Inches (BP11Y) (Office Product)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Every year I have to take one or two classes to maintain a professional certification for my job. Part of this involves memorizing lists and learning process steps in a particular order. I used to write these on a large pad and tape the sheets up on the wall to keep them in front of me. But these giant Post-It notes make the pads and tape obsolete. The sheets are bright eye catching, and let's face it - anything that makes this sort of tedious work more fun is worth it's weight in gold!

I've also brought these into meetings and had the team use these sheets instead of the white board, so we can keep the diagrams and notes to refer to during implementation of a project.

If you're the type of person who, like me, gets excited over brightly colored index cards and new pen designs then you'll love these Post-It Big Pads!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its big in size, but not on stick, February 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The problem with the oversized post-it notes is that there are only two strips of glue along the back, and neither is at an edge. The result is, it does not hold its own weight well, and you cannot clean edge stick it - two things the smaller versions of sticky notes do well. The fix is to place the sticky stuff all over the back, not just in two bands. Bigger product needs a bigger hold. If you are just sticking it to a board or other flat surface, and edging is no matter to you, they work well enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea!, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Post-It Notes and use them all the time. I would be lost without them at work. Now these new Post-Its are BIG and bright yellow. They are great to have at yard sales announcing the price on a box of small items. The large size and color are instant eye catchers. I think these would be helpful at meetings too. I especially like using them to write chores for the kids to do. They can't say they didn't see the note! Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Giant Post-It Notes? Who Knew??, April 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're in the market for foot-square (or 11" square, anyway) Post-It notes, these are the product for you. Mine are super-bright yellow, with a dense, Post-It paper feel, plus two offset strips of glue to hold them to walls. They are easy to write on with pencil, pen, or marker, and easy to see from across the room.

In my opinion, these would be best for a project or game where you wanted to see notes from a distance. The glue doesn't seem strong enough to make the notes a semi-permanent feature, but if you wanted to stick or move large notes, these would be the ones for you - easy to see, easy to mark up, and relatively easy to stick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why I actually need these...., April 2, 2013
Doug Hibbard (Almyra, Arkansas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Bright Yellow Sticky Note. Bigger than a piece of paper. What's not to love?

Well, you can't attach it to your monitor. Not without it overshadowing the whole monitor.

Otherwise, though, these stick well. They do have two strips of glue, but neither are right on the edge. So there's hold, but this is more of a stick-to-a-large surface item than a stick-hanging-off-the-edge.

Personal favorite use is for the "big idea" in a planning environment. All the little post-its cluster around the big one like it's the mother ship.

The next idea I've used these for is when rearranging furniture/pictures on the wall. I can write quite largely on the big post-it, stick it to the wall, and read it from across the room.

In all, these work nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars For big ideas!, April 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The only thing better than a post it is a giant post it! These are great.

I've always loved post-its. They are the best thing possible for multiple layers of activity going on. The only danger is having too many of them going on at once that they no longer have the same urgency.

These giant brilliant yellow ones fix that problem. Now I have little problems and BIG problems. I would buy them in every color at about half this price. If I had a coupon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting product...plenty of uses, just don't use too many, March 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A gigantic Post-It note...not an incredibly clever idea or anything, but it certainly has plenty of uses from brainstorming to a weekly chore list for the kids... Pretty useful things.

I would have preferred instead of 2 strips of stickiness slightly off the edge, to have 1 strip of the glue on the very top, and maybe another near the bottom strip. As it is, once these hang up for too long, all edges and corners start looking droop and old. But perhaps that's part of the plan: somebody is making a ton of money off these, because at the time of this review, when you buy this 30 package, each 11x11 sheet costs nearly 40 cents. *each*

Overall, it's a nice product...an overpriced product, but it does what you'd expect it to, and they're handy to have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like Post-It Notes... ONLY HIUGE, March 29, 2013
UPDATE 3/31/13:

YES, it didn't take long for an update. And I'm having to take off an entire Star because unfortunately the sticky isn't all that sticky. This product will still be great for office meetings, but unlike regularly sized Post-Its, these fall off the wall after a day or so.

Perhaps 3M will read this and increase the stickiness.

Regards.
=======================
I know these are probably intended for office work, but we've been playing around with at home and have found quite a few uses.

MOM:
Shopping List -- sure there are those magnetic lists for the fridge, and I've got my iTouch for those moments when I actually have it on hand; but this sticky paper was great for putting inside the pantry door with a pencil. Running low on something, just make a note. And when the paper fills up, just pull it down and replace. Big and easy to see in bright yellow.

Boy:
Artwork! My tween loves to draw and he loves to display this work which sometimes brings on a dispute as I don't like tape on my walls. He snagged some of these pages and and drew directly on them. Then he stuck them to the wall. And moved them. And restuck them to his heart's desire and no mess for anyone to clean up.

Girl:
Artwork! In her case she's glued some of the things she's made to the sticky and used it as a sort of mobile frame.

Dad:
still waiting...

I actually think there's a ton of possible uses for these giant post-its. You can write on them directly, or stick stuff to them and in both cases take advantage of 3M's magic sticky which has been applied to ALL 4 sides so you don't get that wafting in the wind effect.

Enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, not sure there's any practical use for this product, March 26, 2013
Sam I Am (The East San Fernando Valley, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was disappointed with the "stick-on" ability of this product. It didn't attach as well as normal Post-it notes, and 8.5 x 11 would be a more user-friendly size. Nothing I do in my life is this big - the Post-it Big Pad would become nothing but an oversized annoyance, and at the stated list price, it's way overpriced and not a particularly good deal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent product but very few practical uses, March 20, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As usual, 3M has created a decent product with these large-sized Post-It notes, but they seem to have very few practical uses.

The Post-It Big Pad is simply a pad composed of large, bright yellow sticky notes that have adhesive along two edges instead of just one. I tried out the product because I am a teacher, and I often have students do small group work in which they produce something visual to share with the class. Unfortunately, the size of these notes (11 x 11 inches) is too small for students to write much on, especially if I want the print to be large enough to be read by others when posted. The price of the product is also cost-prohibitive. I can't imagine spending $12 dollars for something that could be essentially replicated with a much less expensive stack of colored construction paper and a roll of tape. If I needed large pieces of paper that already had adhesive on them, I would choose 3M's Post-it Tabletop Easel Pad, 20 x 23-Inches, White, 20-Sheets/Pad instead.

I'm also confused as to why this product has adhesive along two edges. When I think of using sticky notes, even large ones like these, I imagine them as a temporary thing - something I put up for a short time (whether it be an hour, a day, or a week) and then remove. The two sides of adhesive make these feel more permanent, but I can't imagine an office use where one would put up a hand-written sign for a long period of time instead of printing out a typed one that looks more professional.

Even though this doesn't seem like it will be a product that works for many, the adhesive quality was great and writing did not bleed through, even when I used a thick Sharpie.

Rate and Discover Movies