3M SJ5302 Bumpon Blister Pack, Clear 0.312" Wide x Long, 0.085"
Size Name: 0.312 in. x 0.085 in. / hemisphere shapeColor Name: ClearChange
Price:$11.91 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 18, 2013
Size Name: 0.50 in. x 0.140 in. / cylindrical shapeColor Name: Clear
These are outstanding and very handy.

For some reason, Amazon doesn't say how many bumpons are in a pack.

The 3M site says

* 0.500" cylindrical:
"3M(tm) Bumpon(tm) Blister Pack SJ5312 Clear, 0.500 in x 0.140 in, 56 Bumpons per blister"
"3M(tm) Bumpon(tm) Blister Pack SJ5412 White, 0.500 in x 0.140 in, 56 Bumpons per blister
"3M(tm) Bumpon(tm) Blister Pack SJ5012 Black, 0.500 in x 0.140 in, 56 Bumpons per blister"

* 0.312" hemisphere:
"3M(tm) Bumpon(tm) Blister Pack SJ5302 Clear, 0.312 in x 0.085 in, 96 Bumpons per blister"

* 0.375 hexagon base, cone top:
"3M(tm) Bumpon(tm) Blister Pack SJ6553 Quiet Clear, 0.375 in x 0.120 in, 132 Bumpons per blister"

* 0.433 hexagon:
"3M(tm) Bumpon(tm) Blister Pack SJ5201 Light Brown, 0.433 in x 0.125 in, 132 Bumpons per blister"
on August 11, 2011
Size Name: 0.50 in. x 0.140 in. / cylindrical shapeColor Name: ClearVerified Purchase
I was looking for bump pads to replace worn out ones for kitchen cabinet doors. My primary concern was the pads worn so thin (or fell out), that cabinet door closing sounded like someone slammed shut the door and was heard throughout the house.

The reviews are strong so I bought one. They seem to be made out of rubber and felt sturdy but can give a little. Good depth also for cushioning between the door and the cabinet. After I applied, I closed the door normally and "BAM"! It's just as loud as without any bump pads! ugh.

These are great to replace worn out or missing bumps under small appliances. But if noise matters, it's not a good use for cabinet doors.

I won't rate this badly since it is good product, just not a fit for my need.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 5, 2010
Having many years of experience with similar felt and foam-rubber pads, these are superior in terms of stick and longevity as cabinet door bumps. They aren't as soft as felt and foam-rubber are initially but neither do they compress, harden and fail. They are great for lacquered finishes, but I couldn't say they are appropriate for contact with some sensitive furniture finishes that react badly to soft plastics; if in doubt about finish then felt pads are always the safer material.

We've also used them on backs of picture frames to keep them from marking wall and staying vertical. They're grippy enough on the wall surface that they do well at holding the picture in place vs. felt pads that have less grip. They also have more "height" or thickness than felt which is sometimes needed to get the frame hardware off the wall so the bumps work right at holding the picture in place.

Sept 2014 update: The glue has failed on some door bumps and they've been replaced. Others slide around a bit. The majority are holding steady. The flexible glue they use is probably their weakest point. Hasn't caused any markings on lacquered finishes. Still clear, haven't yellowed.
on June 2, 2008
These bumpons are better than other products that I have used. The adhesive is much better, and their elevation is perfect. I have used them both for drawer stops and feet for my small Bose speakers.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I had the local glass company make tops for all the furniture in the house. The glass compmany tossed in some flat disks that make the tops blend into the surface underneath. They looked cosmetically nice and unobtrusive.

However there is one other element I did not count on, CATs. They would jump on or push off the surface. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Cat goes one way glass goes another. So I needed something with a little stick that still looked esthetically unobtrusive.

I knew what I wanted but had no idea what the item was called. I tried store after store. Finally an internet search found the name. I made sure to get a name brand in a manufacturing package.

This product served its purpose. Oh because most of the furniture is collectables and antiques the surface is not always even. I found on occasion you can put one bumpon under another to stop the wobble vs. a series of strategically placed bumpons.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I purchased these for one use and ended up using them on many others such as the screen doors so they don't make so much noise when they close, especially by the kids. Now my electric skillet doesn't slide around on the counter when I'm cooking in it, also used these on the toilet lids so its quieter when the lids are dropped. Things are not scooting around so much and are a lot quieter in our house now. :-)
on December 24, 2013
I just ordered a couple of packs of these so-called "3M Bumpons". Oddly, both orders came in one zip-loc type bag with no hint of a 3M label. They may be from 3M or maybe not. Who knows? I'd say this falls into the category of deceptive advertising. Shame on you Amazon. I haven't used them yet. They may be fine. I just don't like to pay for a brand and get something else.
on May 26, 2010
We originally bought these for use in new kitchen cabinets. It turns out the cabinets were delivered with their own "soft" bump pads, so I mainly use the Bumpons as the "feet" on different things, such as small display cases that would otherwise scratch what they're sitting on. The adhesive is decent, but one has come off when put on the end of a pull-out drawer, and I wouldn't slide what they're attached to once they're in place. The plastic part is hard, so don't expect a lot of cushion when putting these on doors.

Overall, they can be a good deal if you need a lot of bump pads that are the same size, and cushion is not an issue. They would make good "feet" for computer cases and other things that aren't moved around a lot.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The various bumpers in my house started turning into goo so I had to replace them. The bumper blister packs available at Lowes and Home Depot were a fortune for a small number of items. After a bit of searching I found these. The package includes a good quantity of bumpers and they work as you would hope.
on October 24, 2011
Size Name: 0.50 in. x 0.140 in. / cylindrical shapeColor Name: Clear
I replaced my kitchen cabinets 7 years ago with very high end cabinets. The cabinets came with these bumpers, and I was given an additional pack of these. The name "3M Bumpon" is on the back of the spare buttons, some of which I used. They seemed very nice, but I noticed several months back that they were turning sticky and the doors were sticking shut. I have spent several hours a day for 5 days now removing the old buttons. The only product that would remove the old adhesive is naptha, which makes me very sick. The old bumpers are also acidic and have eaten into some of the finish. By the time I am through replacing the old bumpers, I will have wasted a day and a half of my life, at least. Screw 3M! Buy a different product.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations