Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DSi XL Bronze forum

3ds xl.... coming soon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2012 12:51:23 PM PDT
Got an email from Nintendo.... will launch Aug 19, 2012.
MSRP=$199.99

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 8:40:13 AM PDT
V. Cortes says:
Will Amazon stock it though?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 9:24:42 AM PDT
I don't see why not. For a while, I noticed that they weren't selling the normal DSI XL's, but now they are. Same goes for the normal 3DS's. I hope they bundle the Super Mario 3D Land 2 with the 3DS XL.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 1:18:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 1:19:00 PM PDT
V. Cortes says:
Whenever I check it's only third party sellers that offer Nintendo portable hardware, not Amazon.
And they go higher than the MRSP which is officially $100 and $130 for the DSi and DSi XL.
The same goes for the 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:37:25 PM PDT
I think most things from Amazon are from 3rd parties. I don't really look at that, I just check if there's free shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 3:08:19 PM PDT
Incorrect. Most things are sold by Amazon AND 3rd parties. The main page of an item may not necessarily be sold by AMazon, but usually the cheapest option. Check on the right side and you will see an amazon option there or under the 'new' link.

You really should pay more attention to where you are buying your items from.

Also, it would seem Amazon had issues with selling Nintendo's 3DS and now won't sell other handheld hardware from them. This isn't 100% proven to be true however, but I do know that some type of tension came between the 2 companies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 2:34:26 AM PDT
OshkoshWhale says:
Yeah I noticed that. Amazon no longer selling hardware from Nintendo. I guess probably Amazon was pissed that Nintendo cut the initial 3DS price while Amazon still have lots of unit in stock. But I might be wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 5:47:26 AM PDT
V. Cortes says:
This happened before the price drop.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/25/amazon-stops-selling-nintendo-3ds/

Of course, that was just conjecture. The real reason why Amazon is not selling Nintendo portable hardware is still largely unknown.

The 3DS XL is officially released today, but is nowhere to be found in Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:40:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 7:42:46 AM PDT
The page was not found on the link you provided.

From what I've read, I think it was on CNET, the reason Amazon stopped selling the 3ds was that there were complaints upon launch of the system, that the "rubbers" that are supposed to separate the top & bottom screens when closed, were too small and caused scratches on the top screen.

Nintendo immediately fixed the problem, but Amazon still refuses to sell the 3ds. There must be some other underlying issue the public doesn't know about.

By the way... Where is the 3ds xl being sold today? The launch date remains Aug 19 from what I read?

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 10:17:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 10:19:00 AM PDT
Peragulator says:
The 3DS XL isn't currently sold anywhere. August 19th is still the date in North America. The reason why Amazon doesn't sell the 3DS is not largely unknown and Wampler's post is correct.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:17:19 AM PDT
V. Cortes says:
Yes! You are correct. 3DS launches on 8/19. Got my dates mixed up with something else probably.

In any case, that's the same reason that's given in the link I provided (which I tested just now and it works. Weird.)

However, nothing has ever been confirmed by Amazon. I have asked my self and got nothing but canned responses.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo DSi XL Bronze
Nintendo DSi XL Bronze by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.6 out of 5 stars (478)