Customer Discussions > Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black forum

3ds, 3ds xl, dsxl

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2013 12:50:14 AM PDT
ProudMommy says:
I'm not a gamer but my soon to be 5 year old son wants a 3DS, I was wondering if this 3dsxl is the same as the 3ds but bigger and newer? Does it use the old xl games or the 3ds games? Is this the newest console of the three? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Posted on May 13, 2013 6:32:35 AM PDT
Peragulator says:
3DS XL: Games: great, and the field of view or "sweet spot" is better. The older games will work. Console is hefty, but I wouldn't want to drop it (DSi XL is a tank) and the overall sound through the speakers isn't good. Best Buy, 1yr warranty and a game: $275.00.

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 6:23:13 PM PDT
Jase Michel says:
Well, I think the sound is good, it's just not that loud (but as a parent that may be a boon lol) - otherwise Peragulator's right on the money. It's a great system; but you could probably do just as well for cheaper getting the regular 3DS. The screen is actually a little nicer (same resolution + smaller screen = better DPI); at times, especially when I play a regular DS game, I feel the image looks washed out on the 3DS's bigger screen... Then again, if you had the DSi XL, it was the same issue, so you may not mind it, and surely a five-year-old won't.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2014 9:11:47 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
The 2DS, 3DS, and 3DS XL are all the same hardware in terms of games they play, which includes all DS and 3DS games.

The XL's the nicest as the screens are nearly twice as large, and higher quality. The build quality is much better than the original 3DS too. I can't imagine buying an original now that the XL is out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black
Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,810)