5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and secure shipping
Published on July 13, 2011 by S. Dotlich

2.0 out of 5 stars No identification for place of manufacture!
I have my doubts about these pots.

I have a similar comment for the 1 1/2" pots. A completely dissimilar comments for the 5" and 6" pots.

Published 4 months ago by Ted K

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and secure shipping, July 13, 2011
This review is from: 5 - 4.25" Clay Pots - Great for Plants and Crafts
When you go to order a pot like this. You know what you are getting. They are all pretty much exactly the same. So I would like to point out what is not the same with everyone you order from, and what made this a great experience. The shipping was fast. I had the items in 2 days. They were packed great and out of 10 pots not one of them had a scratch. It takes a bit to get all the tape they put on them to keep them safe off, but that is a small price to pay for your items arriving perfectly secure.

2.0 out of 5 stars No identification for place of manufacture!, August 9, 2014
This review is from: 5 - 4.25" Clay Pots - Great for Plants and Crafts
I have my doubts about these pots.

Due to bad experiences with China made pots, I spent quite some time online trying to find a source for pots not made in China. The "made in China" pots I've purchased locally often do not last a season, let alone years.

So I ordered these pots expecting high fired clay terra cotta pots made in Germany.

The pots I received were unlabeled; sadly they are sloppily made pasty colored terra cotta and quite soft, meaning my marble chip easily scratched the pot. Which I take to mean the pots are low fired.

Clay flashing (mold squeeze out) partially blocks the drainage hole and is found in spots elsewhere on the pots. Clearing the drainage hole completely may be difficult as enough sharp flash edge is left to cut the unwary gardener poking about. Rubbing down the pot with coarse cloth will remove most of the friable flashing but the thicker edges have to be addressed individually; use a file or coarse piece of broken pottery.

Low fired pots are generally not suitable for cold winters because of freeze damage. So beware!

Frankly Hirts, I am disappointed! I paid for German manufacture terra cotta along with shipping and received pots similar to what is obtainable at a local big box discount center.

PS I gave this two stars hoping that some of the pots last several years. One or two years and I'll consider editing this to drop a star; all of them lasting five years and I'll consider raising the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Clay Pots!, April 25, 2012
SashaFierce (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5 - 4.25" Clay Pots - Great for Plants and Crafts
These little clay pots are so attractive. Makes you want to keep your plants in them well after they're pot-bound. Wish I'd seen saucers for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet., January 17, 2014
This review is from: 5 - 4.25" Clay Pots - Great for Plants and Crafts
Well made and nice sized. I use them as decorations in my fish tanks. They make great hiding places and safe for fish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 6, 2014
This review is from: 5 - 4.25" Clay Pots - Great for Plants and Crafts
Good for planting seeds and herbs. You have to buy saucers for these pots though.