Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 questions
votes
I posted a large write up about Amazon's List Pricing issue on these. Amazon chose to delete the post instead of fixing the issue. I'm a bit upset about this. Its false advertising. I checked thru several of the new Garmin devices and not one had the correct List Price on Amazon. They artificially raised the List Price anywhere from $50 to $100 on every single one of the new Garmin devices. The "Suggested Retail Price" on Garmin much lower on Garmins site than on Amazon. Wonder how many other items that we believe that we getting such good deals on are the same.
Jun 28, 2011 by Bama Fan
votes
IMO terrain view is the only view to have ... updates when you get them are to both terrain and standard maps as far as I can tell. On a dark road, I find the terrain view gives me a better idea of what to expect ahead during the times I have to drive slowly. Now, I like to look at views when its safe, but at night there's nothing to see, except what's via the Garmin. I traveled up an unfamiliar windy mountain road on a trip a few months after purchasing my 3790, and "saw" the canyons and rivers running nearby. I'm not talking about side views, but a pseudo topographical mode that gave me enough information to feel I wasn't entirely "in the dark" going thru an area I might never pass by again. But that's just me. :)
Aug 30, 2012 by Taco Monster
votes
I've not seen that ability in the menus. Only to connect to a phone and to use the GPS as the audio.
Sep 30, 2013 by Steven R. Bukosky
votes
You can buy maps of Europe on a micro SD Card for $99. Powering is the same.
May 9, 2011 by NickP
votes
yes very good feature
Aug 25, 2013 by gene maffei
votes
the unit is very good, I recommend it as a new
Jun 23, 2013 by Juan Alberto Perez C
votes
The voice activation is great! There have been times when I was driving and I needed to make a stop somewhere else. So I turned down the radio and spoke my chosen phrase 'Talk to me' From here, the voice activation came on and worked great. It has never failed.
Dec 5, 2012 by Epic
votes
I have the 3790 (see my review) and yes it can use at least some older model power cords but there is a caveat. I owned the Nuvi 205 and I had the cord snaked through the dashboard of my wife's Prius and was happy to find the 3790 could us the 205 power cord. However, the caveat is that the 3790 has an antenna built into its power cord for the live traffic updates and the 205 power cord does not so the live traffic updates don't work. The live traffic updates are not available in most places outside large metropolitan areas and the antenna makes the 3790 cord bulkier, so I don't mind sacraficing that for being able to use a thinner cord that I already have installed.
Aug 26, 2012 by ScottA
votes
Hi -- I am thinking about the 3790 LMT - & the reviews look good -- I was wondering if you can plan a trip on Microsoft Streets & Trips - then save it to a memory card - then install that map route to the 3790 LMT -- Thanks for your help
Apr 5, 2011 by John Candler
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers