Questions & Answers
3.5 out of 5 stars (297)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 questions
votes
You can read reviews on 1370 Garmin nuvi, people speak of generally positive experience. I just bought it and although it did have European maps, I don't know what exact countries it had - I decided to use the free Europe map update download to get it up-to-date. What I found is that it does not have sufficient memory to hold the whole Europe map! So you can either chose your countries (they have Italy + Greece), and add others - I was not interested in Balkans since I go to Italy, but I think they had coverage of whole Europe except for Russia, so they certainly had Croatia, Bulgaria and other Balkan countries. If Garmin covers those, it should work there just fine. You can try to enter some address there from here to save them in Favorites - some hotel where you will be staying, etc, and see if it finds it. That would give you an indication if your device has the coverage of your country of destination. I did that with all my Italian hotels now, 2 weeks in advance of my voyage, and it feels reassuring :) You could visit their site http://www.garmin.com/us/ and read more, and register your device. Then it will know what you have and will prompt you for maps/accessories. Bon voyage! Anna
Feb 21, 2012 by Anna Shlimovich
votes
I am considering the same thing. I bought the TomTom and have not been able to get it working - the operating software seems to have only partially loaded. I spent 3 hours on the phone with their customer service - very nice people, but they have no technical knowledge, they can only read to you from a script. I think I am going to return this one and give the Garmin a try.
Jun 20, 2011 by A Powers
votes
Those are good reasons. It's lighter too.
Jun 8, 2009 by Camilo J. Rojas
votes
I amm not sure as my Garmin is a 2577LT which has Eorope and North America. My suggestion wold be to contact Garmin at 800-800-1020 and ask them......when i purchased mine i contacted Garmin and asked them a whole list of questions and they helped me select the right Garmin baed on my needs
Mar 4, 2014 by Hach
votes
I just came back from Euo, they all fit to the car .Three reminded: Don't went thought red light, they have camera. Don't drive in to london inner city ,they charge 95 pound for congestion ticket. Don't buy gas from rental company. THey charge full tank price upfront.
Aug 20, 2012 by LEUNG L CHIN
votes
Don't know for sure on Garmin, but Tomtom mowiec po polsku.
Mar 13, 2011 by Robert Walther
votes
Yes.
Apr 28, 2014 by Beagle
votes
The Garmin website indicates that it does, but you might want to cruise that site to confirm. Mine did come with a charger and window mount. My experience with 2 different units was not very good. We left the cable in the back of the unit and packed it in luggage....the socket broke. I bought a second thinking it was our fault, but that socket broke even though we were quite careful with it. My view - it was a bad design. I really wanted both NA and Europe, but the unit was just not worth it. I use Tom-Tom now and have been pleased.
Mar 12, 2014 by M R Jeffrey
votes
We used this gps in Spain and the east coast. Overall it was sucessful. There were some situations where it did not know some of newroads.
Oct 14, 2013 by Mari Pastor
votes
As long as you have the Brazil maps there whould not be a problem. I have used mine in SE Asia as well as the Middle East
Oct 2, 2013 by MM
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers