5.0 out of 5 stars If you need a USB charger this is the one!
Published on July 27, 2011 by Stephen C. Joseph

2.0 out of 5 stars Works for multiple devices
It works as described, and convenient for multiple devices-only one charger to pack. However, it's only 500 mAh per usb slot. If you are charging overnight, it should work fine, but if you're looking for a quicker charge like the stock wall chargers, you will be disappointed. The OEM wall chargers are 1000mah. Charging a tablet (iPad) may be extremely slow.
Published on June 15, 2011 by Renegade

2.0 out of 5 stars Works for multiple devices, June 15, 2011
Renegade "iRenegade" (This side of the rainbow) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need a USB charger this is the one!, July 27, 2011
Stephen C. Joseph "Deve" (Third Planet from the sun.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
I tried one other charger with 2 USB ports and had to send it back, never worked. This little fellow works great with one or four products plugged in, and fast. I believe it's faster than the ones that came with the products. I charge a kindle, an ipad, an ipod and a Droid X. Even at the same time they all charge. I sometimes keep the ipod or ipad plugged in while playing games and the charger works great that way also. It's built sturdy and is compact enough to be no problem traveling with. This charger does everything it's add says it will do. Very satisfied

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 22, 2011
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
Works great for charging multiple devices. It will charge an iPad, but at a much slower rate as the output for each plug is only 500mah

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., September 2, 2011
K. Hou (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
I bought this charger because I was tired of having all of my devices take up all of the USB ports on my computer. I also didn't want to have my computer on just to charge my various USB devices.

There are 4 ports on this charger. The back 2 ports are facing forward, whereas the front 2 ports are facing backwards -- this is regarding orientation of the USB ports that you plug into this device.

The plug itself is collapsible into the back of the device (it rotates), allowing the unit to sit flat. Also, there is no specific polarity for plugging it into the wall -- meaning you can plug it in upside down if you want.

Each port supplies 500 milliamps of current at 5 volts (the standard in most laptops), so be sure to check the specifications of your device that you are charging prior to plugging it in.

This one can charge an iTouch, Sansa Clip+, GPS, and iPod mini simultaneously with no problem.

Hope this helps...

1.0 out of 5 stars Outputs at half an Amp on all four outlets. Does not charge PS3 controllers., December 8, 2012
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
Summary: This charger outputs on each outlet 5 Volts at 500 milliamps. The standard Apple charger for iPhones outputs at 5V at 1Amp (1000 milliamps), it's printed right on the back of the Apple charger between the prongs. This charger will NOT charge many devices, like the PS3 controllers and Playstation Move controllers I tried. It may charge other devices, but probably at half the rate if they even accept the lower amperage.

Since the seller did not add it in their Amazon description, I'm typing in the text from the sticker label and the box. I tried plugging in two Playstation controllers and two Playstation Move controllers using two different cables and in all four ports, but none of them would cause the controllers' red charging indicator to light up. I then plugged the same four controllers into my PS3 and they all started charging as normal. I'm returning my item as it does not charge my "USB chargeable devices" or "game controllers" as described.

Sticker on back of Charger:

Dry Location
Use Only
Factory ID:VT-01
EFFICIENCY LEVEL V

C [Appears to be an Underwriters' Laboratories logo, but it has the Registered Trademark (R in a circle) logo inside it, which is not present on other UL logos on electronics I have] US
LISTED
I.T.E POWER SUPPLY
68AJ
E231564

Back of the box description:

The musicPower Four Port USB AC Charger will charge any USB chargeable iPod or iPhone from an AC outlet. With the musicPower charger, it is no longer necessary to be tied to, or even turn on your computer just to charge your device.

Features:
* Folding AC plug for maximum portability
* Great for charging game controllers
* Pocket-size makes it perfect for travel
* Simultaneous charging through all four ports
* Worldwide input voltage

Also Charges: Treo, Palm, Blackberry, Zune, cell phones, PDAs, and other USB chargeable devices with an appropriate charging cable. Charges most compatible MP3 players which contain re-chargeable batteries charged through the player's USB port using an appropriate charging cable.

The ports on this device are not data ports and are for charging purposes only.

This charger will NOT charge MP3 players that use disposable alkaline batteries.

ORIGINAL POWER
PowerLine is a Registered Trademark of Original Power, Inc.

Distributed by:
Original Power, Inc.
3400 Corporate Way
Duluth, GA 30096

Made in China

*All brand names are trademarks of their respective owners and are not owned by Original Power, Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clutter saver, November 14, 2011
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
I replaced 3 chargers on our kitchen counter with this. The only complaint I have is that if I plug it into the bottom outlet, it wants to fall out, but if I plug it into the top its fine because the bottom is supported by the face of the outlet. I tried in a different outlet with the same results so I don't think its a loose outlet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 16, 2011
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
This is a great charger, the power for each plug (I think it is 500ma) is normal for the SINGLE usb chargers I've had, and for normal usb ports on a computer. Ipads and Iphones and all of those take more power than most devices when charging from AC adapters, their AC mode expects 1000ma (1amp) if I remember correctly. Since this has four usb ports, it has plenty of power.At $8, it is a good deal if you have several usb devices to charge or use at once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome way to charge four devices off one outlet, July 26, 2012
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
Don't listen to the other reviewers. This thing charges iPad's (tested iPad2 and iPad3) fine. Sure it may be a little slower than the original charger, but it's not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. We have had four iOS devices charging with this charger at the same time, and it works great. The charger was smaller and thinner than I was expecting too, which should make it super easy for travel. Price was great. Strongly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Life Span, November 2, 2011
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
For what I payed, I'm not upset. It lasted 4 months before it started to get glitchy. I'll keep it as an emergency USB charger but I can't rely on it as my everyday USB device charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ports and Power Aplenty!, October 20, 2011
This review is from: 4 USB Port Ac Charger (Electronics)
This charger has performed a small miracle, to wit, de-cluttering the quagmire of charging cables all over our living room. We're a two iPhone + two iPod family, with a third USB phone in the mix. Gone are 4 separate USB chargers, replaced with one of these.

There's plenty of power to charge 3-4 devices simultaneously, albeit at a slightly slower rate (probably 300-400 ma). This is inconsequential when charging overnight.

The build quality is better than expected; it didn't break into two pieces the first time I unplugged it from the wall, a la the Cosmos model (Do NOT purchase that one -- three times the price and absolute junk).

You simply can't beat this charger for five bucks and free shipping...

4 USB Port Ac Charger