Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 4-Week Bodyweight Home Workout (Workout Series Book 1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 25, 2013
these workouts are for people who are already in pretty good shape. there are no modifications offered for beginners. when you are overweight all that jumping and driving of knees in any direction can cause injury. It would be great if this was a leveled program so that there were places to start building up to being able to do a push-up or a burpee.
on October 4, 2012
This workout is extensive covering aerobic/ cardio workout. Four weeks is good as a person would have to start slowly or with less reps unless he/she is ready for it. Good and concise, well expressed with photos. These routines, I believe, are for young to middle aged: late teens to late 40s age groups.
on December 26, 2012
Arnel does a decent job of describing and showing each exercise. As a trainer, I'd like to see more transverse movements and work on range of motion. There's no mention of stretching and in at least two of the illustrations, jump squat and squat thrust, we see such poor posture (head forward, shoulders rolled, anterior pelvic tilt) that it looks like a "before" picture taken at a chiropractic office. While I commend the effort, this is why people shouldn't get fitness information from the internet.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
The book is exactly what the title proclaims, a 4 week Bodyweight home workout. It's rather basic but that's a plus for many users since it's straightforward, no-nonsense and pretty specific. If you follow along you should see some improvement in your overall tone and condition.
on May 6, 2013
I thought this 'bodyweight workout' would be similar to others, in that it would be geared to more than one fitness level. I got it to help my husband, who is blind and can't use most ordinary fitness equipment. I thought that exercises that required no equipment would be perfect for him. I'm getting a different book. The author assumes that everyone is capable of everything in the book, and doesn't give any lower level advice. I applaud him for making the book and giving it away, but he could have thought it through a bit better.
on December 19, 2012
I have no doubt that this would be very effective instruction to improve your fitness. It doesn't even take very much time to do. In these times of really busy schedules, it really is necessary for people to find a fitness plan that will fit into their lives. This could very well be you answer. Keep in mind, you still have to do what it says. Just do your best. This is not P90X. It is a form of interval training which is a very effective workout.
on December 23, 2013
If you are looking for a great weight loss program, this book is not for you.
If you are looking for a at home workout that is easy to follow this is not for you
If you are looking for a program that has great program design... this book is not for you.

All the information you can find free on google search, nothing special about this, and the programming is horrible! So basic a 10r could write this!
Very dissatisfied with this book!
on July 31, 2013
I was looking forward to this book. It sounded great -- simple, do-at-home exercises that would lead to four weeks of better health and a more fit physique.

Pros:
1. The schedule is doable for just about anyone. His schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The time can vary from as little as ten minutes to about 30 (While I've read the whole book, I haven't finished the entire four-week workout, so that is from guesswork, not practicum.)
2. The exercises don't need any special equipment.
3. The exercises vary, so someone like me doesn't get bored with the same drudgery routine every session.
4. The images were helpful. While the writing isn't poor, some of the descriptions are not very clear.

Cons:
1. Please, please, please, if the author is reading this, please STOP telling me to go look at the videos on your website every single frickin' workout. I got it the first time. When I have to read the same sentence 13 times in an extremely short book, I want to never read anything you write ever again. Mentioning it twice is sufficient. Thirteen times??? Your readers are not a complete and utter morons; please do not treat us as such. We will remember from 10% to 15% to 21% that you have videos available on your website. And that only gets us through the second workout -- you do not need to make us endure the same sentence another 10 times.
2. Silly me. I did not realize that we are not all at the exact same fitness level. There are no variations given for people who may be injured, recovering from surgery, female, senior, out-of-shape, etc. We are given one way to do some rather challenging exercises, and that is it. Not helpful.
3. Some of these exercises are flat-out bad news for people with certain types of injuries. The author gives absolutely zero information of what exercises might be contraindicated for people with back problems, knee problems, shoulder problems, etc. I find this irresponsible and ethically poor. The author has a responsibility to his readers to advise them of situations where a particular exercise could cause harm. There is nothing.

Bottom Line:
This book has some good points. To me, it is a shame that the author has been irresponsible and lazy. This could have been a great book, and it is marginal. If you are healthy, if you already know a lot about exercise and fitness, and if you know how to adapt these exercises in a healthy manner, this is a perfectly fine book. If you do not meet the above criteria, please look for something that is a better teaching tool.
on January 31, 2014
I didn't like it because I was expecting a different type of bodyweight home workout. It should mention that it is not for older or orthopedically challenged individuals.

While it seems that it could be a good workout for some young already healthy adult, it is NOT for someone with orthopedic challenges. Not everyone can JUMP.
on October 5, 2015
I'm paralyzed from the waist down, so I could only perform the upper body exercises, namely the sit ups and pushups. Because of that, I wasn't sure how much this book would benefit me. I was happily surprised! Not only did the book have several exercises I can perform, but there was guidance on how many times, and for how long I should complete each exercise. I need that sort of guidance; I get bored otherwise.