I purchased this for use with my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus. I knew it wasn't Accidental Protection for the unit, but also figured any accidental damage would probably affect that fragile little gimbal. I turned out to be correct, and my Phantom went belly-up (literally) last month.

After a relatively painless setup and claim process, I received a pre-paid...
Published 3 months ago by Morgon

1.0 out of 5 stars what protection
You feel good? its a good deal right? well yes, it would have been a good deal if
they would plan to spend at least a penny!
Published 8 months ago by Waterfal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars what protection, June 21, 2014
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($1250-1500) (Electronics)
they would plan to spend at least a penny!
You think when you have a claim they will pay you a penny? No!! They are not waiting for any claim! They want to give insurance to everyone as long as they dont have to pay anything. Your item is dropped, you call them, they find a way to fool you and will never respond to you!
My camera was damaged and I called them. They did not pay saying that this type of damage is not covered! I called them several times and the person who answers the phone just repeats the same sentences, he says this is what they told him (i.e., no matter what I say, he can only repeat the same stuff! ) So beware
I think this company can have a patent on how to get rid of all claims!
Note: All good reviews correspond to customers who never had to use the protection!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Offers drone protection coverage, but falls short., June 23, 2014
I had to find out the hard way that while Smart Guard is explicit in their policies/documents about what is NOT covered, they failed to mention 'fly-aways' which is what I unfortunately experienced with my drone. I purchased this coverage for such an emergency. Why else would Amazon suggest it when I made my order? They did not even offer to cover the camera/gimbal component of my lost drone. Yes, I was terribly disappointed. Feels like I've been scammed...and via Amazon. For years I have had reasonably good experiences on this site until now.
Pity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Policy is all but useless, June 20, 2014
I purchased this policy for a DJI Phantom Vision + after it was offered during the Amazon checkout process. After registering the product and receiving the T&Cs I realized the policy was completely useless. Terms like 'only valid for cameras used inside the home' and an accidental damage coverage that doesn't include dropping or water damage left me wondering what handheld or portable camera products this would possibly be useful for. Fortunately after reporting to Amazon a refund was processed immediately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware: You may be better off extending your home or renter's insurance, April 1, 2014
I nearly bought this but decided against it after going through the Smart Guard fine print at [...]
Looking at the general exclusions list you'll find: "dropping the product, liquid or screen breakage...rust, corrosion, warping bending...battery failure/leakage" etc. In essence: common camera issues are not covered.

Wouldn't normally rate an item I haven't used but -since many others here have done just that- purchasers should be aware.

1.0 out of 5 stars The good reviews are coming from those that have yet to use this product!!!, June 11, 2014
If you read the past reviews you will see that the people that have tried to use this warranty have found that the warranty is useless. The people that have given above average review are talking about the Drone itself and not the so called "accidental protection". I did not read one above average review from anyone that actually used the "protection" only from those that bought it but have not used it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Read the Terms & Conditions before purchasing, December 30, 2013
I was about is in the process of purchasing a high end camcorder from Amazon and looked for a additional coverage as I do when purchasing electronics. I came across SmartGuard offered via Amazon. First, based on how you purchase this same item on Amazon the protection plan price varied for the same term. Second, after looking further at reviews on other products (lower price), I was a little uneasy of purchasing. Yes, you have good and not so good but all the good was from people that did not have to use the insurance yet. I went to their website and the list of What's Not Covered is much huger than what's covered, ie, this excerpt "(B) IMPROPER PACKAGING AND/OR TRANSPORTATION BY YOU OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE RESULTING IN DAMAGE DURING SHIPMENT TO A SERVICE CENTER OR RELOCATION OF THE COVERED PRODUCT;"
Before Purchasing I'd encourage you to take a look at the website Terms and Conditions. Because of this I leaning to NOT PURCHASING THE CAMCORDER FROM AMAZON. I'd rather purchase from Best Buy where I can get coverage for a little more but I KNOW I'm covered & can walk in and not worry about shipping damage or not. Yes I've used Geek Squad before on iPAD (screen broke and replaced with new one, Camera lens cracked, replaced with new one.) Although I do not foresee any damages, I'd rather be protected and not guess If my item will be damage in shipping and not covered.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for your Phantom (if you know what you're buying), November 14, 2014
Morgon (Maryland, US) - See all my reviews

After a relatively painless setup and claim process, I received a pre-paid shipping label to pack up my unit and send it to their claims center (this is why you keep the boxes!). Two days later, I received notice that they validated my claim and were going to send me a settlement check for the purchase price of the unit. In two weeks, guess what showed up in my mailbox.

This is quite literally the best $80 I've ever spent, and if you know what you're purchasing, and decide it's right for you, I would strongly recommend that you give it a shot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading...Know What you are ACTUALLY covered for, December 13, 2014
The plan says "Accidental Protection." But if you read the FINE print...they don't cover accidents. If you read their policy...they have 1 small paragraph stating what they DO cover and about 2 pages stating what they DON'T cover. In the don't cover section are the most likely causes of one needing this protection plan. They basically cover basic common repairs to your camera...but if those repairs resulted from what they "don't" cover, they will not pay for that. Their name is misleading. READ the FINE print people. I have promptly requested a refund after reading the fine print. I will just have to get myself a real good camera bag and protect my gear.

It is a pet peave of min: these insurance companies are quick to take your money...even when they know a policy is not suited for certain customers...they will allow you to keep paying them....but when it comes time for them to hold up their end of the bargain...they do everything in their power NOT to pay. But they will gladly take your money. SMH

SEE the link to their policy:http://www.mysmartguard.com/SmartGuard%20UBID%20Terms%20&%20Conditions.pdf

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the fine print and you won't be surprised at a rejection ..., September 19, 2014
Angelo (Denver, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
I accidenally dropped my camera. I sent it as instructed for repairs. The damage was judged unrepairable so they sent me a new camera. The service was prompt and efficient. They lost money on my 4 year contract as the camera was worth several hundred dollars more. This particular contract is now "fulfilled" as they completely replaced the insured item. I will purchase a new plan without hesitation. All insurance policies have requirements as to what consitutes a valid claim. Read the fine print and you won't be surprised at a rejection of a claim. If the policy does not cover all the activites a customer engages in which could result in damage to the purchased equipment, they need to find a more expensive one that does.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scam - don't waste your time or money, December 13, 2014
Purchased this "protection" and when I filed a claim the guy taking the claim put that a gust of wind caused the issue. Naturally they won't pay the claim because HE put gust in the claim. Tried to appeal but they won't send me the appeal process just that a higher up said no. Horrible company working with a lawyer at this point.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($1250-1500)
Used & New from: $162.99