5.0 out of 5 stars Meeting a personal need
Published 16 months ago by Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars covers nothing
after reading about what this plan did not cover there was nothing left that it did cover.
i bought a waterproof camera, a camera that was made to be used in and under the water, yet this policy would not cover water related damage. returned policy for refund.
Published 16 months ago by Arnold Wooters

1.0 out of 5 stars covers nothing, September 12, 2013
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($200-250) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Meeting a personal need, October 2, 2013
Why did I subscribe to the Smart Guard Accidental Protection 4 year Camera plan. I had a $350 digital camera that was relative new. A short time following, an accident occurred which eliminated the fingers of my left hand. This later lead to the event of dropping the camera which severely damaged it. When purchasing a new camera, I learned this protection plan covered drop-age. Know this may happen again because of the irrevocable finger lost, I felt it to be a wise investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, January 8, 2014
Pete (SOUTH PORTLAND, MAINE, US) - See all my reviews
I don't think I have ever bought a protection plan before as they are usually cost prohibitive. I recently purchased a Fuji SL1000 camera and for about $42.00 I got 4 years of protection which includes accidental damage with a few exceptions. Before I purchased the plan I called Smart Guard and my call was answered almost immediately and my questions about the plan were answered courteously. I called back to register the plan when the camera arrived and once again my call was handled quickly and professionally. The plan is e mailed to you but must be registered when your product arrives. Also you must print off a copy of your original invoice and keep in case you ever have a claim. I am giving the plan 5 stars based on my experience to this point. If the coverage is as a good as the service it is a winner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Water Damage Not Covered, December 1, 2013
Before buying a waterproof camera I read many user reviews indicating that their new waterproof cameras were destroyed soon after the cameras entered the water. They reported that the vendors and the manufacturers refused warranty replacements because "water damage" is not covered on "waterproof" cameras. Smart Guard seems to be a good backup plan, but their documents specifically exclude "water damage". I called Warrantech (Smart Guard) three times and each time they promised that water damage would be covered. Each person promised to send me written documentation clarifying the issue, but I received no such documentation. The first person sent me documentation clearly stating that water damage is NOT covered, the second person sent me NOTHING, and the third person sent me different documentation which again clearly stated that water damage was NOT covered. It appears that almost all other camera damage is not covered by this product as well. I don't get a warm toasty feeling about these people, and I cancelled my order. I suggest that you get this issue clarified IN WRITING before purchasing this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, November 15, 2013
ordered a protection plan for a camcorder yet I was sent something completely different. Unhappy about the amount of time on the phone to correct this and yet still need to call and talk to an additional person to have this fixed

1.0 out of 5 stars No response yet, April 10, 2014
The camera failed. Registering for the warranty was made simple for me but no further response by Smart Gaurd has been made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, May 15, 2014
Its great incase of an accident like i had recently i bought the camera 3 years ago so it worked out great.Everyone should buy a warrenty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and even better customer service, August 17, 2013
I ordered this protection for a camera I considered ordering. Once I changed my mind and cancelled the order for the camera I had to get in contact with Smart Guard customer service to cancel the protection and be reimbursed for the cost. It took a few days to receive my money, but Smart Guard started the process and reimbursed Amazon quickly. The 2 or 3 days later Amazon placed the money back on my card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy., July 3, 2014
Lady Bex (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
Was very straight forward and easy to register for. It was all on one page, and I only had to put in information from an email sent to me by Amazon. It gives the option to cover 3 devices, but I only covered 1. After the initial registration, I'm pretty sure that I can't use the other 2 now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, May 12, 2014
Simple to set up once I received my item. It's done on line and there's no hard copy. It's nice to know I have it though I hope I won't need it.