4.0 out of 5 stars I just bought the Smart Guard protection plan
I just bought the Smart Guard protection plan. I have not had a real reason not to expect it to be there for me when I need it.
Published 6 days ago by George L. Freeman

Published 6 months ago by Sunrise Publications (Consignment)

1.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting for camera to be returned since March. It is now June 25, June 25, 2014
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($2250-2500) (Electronics)
My son dropped his camera and the LCD screen was cracked. We called to get it replaced. Wg had to make 5 or 6 calls over a 3 week period before we finally got a box sent to us to ship the camera in for repair. The seller would blame the warranty people and the warranty people would say they never heard from the seller. After we sent it back and heard nothing for 2 weeks, we called and were told that they were trying to decide if they could replace the screen or if they had to just give us a new one. It took another week or so when we had to call again to be told that it would be 5 weeks before it would be fixed. Wg have had no updates ever. We have always had to call them. We will be calling again tomorrow to see if we can get an update. Such a run around. I Gus's to replace the screen if we didn't have the warranty would have cost more than what we paid for the warranty but my son has lost money on several film jobs because he has no camera. In the end, he would have made enough money on the jobs he could have been doing to pay for the screen and still make money. If you do buy this and have to make a claim, call them daily or you'll never get your merchandise back.

1.0 out of 5 stars what protection!, June 20, 2014
You feel good? its a good deal right? well yes, it would have been a good deal if
they would pay you a penny!
You think that your Camera is damged they will pay you a penny? No!! They are not waiting for any claim! They want to give insurance to everyone as long as they dont have to pay anything. Your item is dropped, you call them, they find a way to fool you and will never respond to you!
My camera was damaged and I called them. They did not pay saying that this type of damage is not covered! I called them several times and the person who answers the phone just repeats the same sentences, he says this is what they told him (i.e., no matter what I say, he can only repeat the same stuff! )
They will never pay anything and you lose your money!
See the reviews here:

4.0 out of 5 stars I just bought the Smart Guard protection plan, December 22, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 28, 2014
havent had to use yet....knock on wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Just in case I need it, November 25, 2013
I hope I never have to use this for my new Canon 6D...but you never know what will happen, do we.

3.0 out of 5 stars Canceled order on a7r and warranty, November 1, 2013
Larry Lee (East Tennessee Mtns.) - See all my reviews
Sounded like a good warranty, but I never got a chance to put it into force. I had to cancel my order for the new Sony a7r because none of my E mount lenses will work on the full frame E mount camera