Below you will find a chat transcript with amazon representative answering my questions regarding Warrantech Smart Guard.

Published 9 months ago by Alecsey Boldeskul

1.0 out of 5 stars Fraud/scam--I got hoodwinked, don't waste your time on this
Smart Guard "Accidental Protection" 4 years???????

Accidents are the main thing people buy these plans for, but guess what ISN'T covered? you got it......accidents. You drop it in water while hiking or climbing, too bad. You go to beach and it gets sand in it, too bad.
Get stolen at home? it will cover that, but so will my homeowner's...
Published 12 months ago by WillieBoyBama

1.0 out of 5 stars Fraud/scam--I got hoodwinked, don't waste your time on this, September 2, 2013
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($3000-3500) (Electronics)
Smart Guard "Accidental Protection" 4 years???????

Get stolen at home? it will cover that, but so will my homeowner's insurance, same for my car.
So what do they cover that isn't covered by home or auto insurance (and renter's insurance if don't own home).....still trying to figure that out.
Can't believe Amazon allows this, .....folks, wait till you try to register on their website. ????????
who set up their website? a 10 year old kid down the street?
I can't get it to register my product, and I am technically proficient

scam scam scam

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless!, December 30, 2013
This is advertised as a "drops and spills" warranty. However, when I received the coverage information, there's about a page of things that are NOT covered by this warranty. Including any accidental drops, spills, or damage. The only thing it does cover is if the camera itself is faulty... which, I would assume Canon itself would fix.

Definitely don't waste your money on this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting to the bottom of what is covered by Warrantech Smart Guard, December 2, 2013

I also called the number they provided 1-877-308-8071, and Warrantech rep told me that all accidents while handling are covered. They gave me some specific examples -- accidentally dropping the camera while using is covered; accidentally dropping the camera in the water while using is covered as long as I am able to retrieve the camera and present it to Warrantech; leaving the camera outside and letting it soak in the rain is NOT covered; taking the camera where it should not be (wherever it is) and damaging is NOT covered. Also customer service rep told me there is not co-pays or additional charges.

So this extended warranty looks totally fine to me. Hope this helps

You are now connected to Gulam from Amazon.com

Me:i am buying canon eos 5d mark iii camera and i am considering purchase of the 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($3000-3500) - SmartGuard for $99. DOES THIS PLAN COVER CAMERA DROPS AND WATER DAMAGE?

Gulam:Hello, my name is Gulam. I'll be happy to help you today. Please help me with the web page link of the item that you are referring. Me: [[ASIN:B007FG B007FG]] full link)

Gulam:Thank you. Yes, Alecsey. It will cover camera drops and water damages.

Me:This $99 plan will cover? No upgrades or additional purchases needed? Also how do they call this kind of protection?

Gulam:You can call them at 1-877-308-8071.

Me:ok thank you!

Gulam:You're welcome. Would there be anything else that I can assist you with today?

Me:no, thank you

Gulam:Thank you for contacting Amazon. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Me:one more question sorry

Gulam:Sure.

Me:does this warranty plan assume 100% full coverage for water or drop damage repair/replacement or there is a co-pay?

Gulam:There would be a co-pay. You can get the detailed information from them directly by calling the number.

Me:do you know co-pay percentage?

Gulam:They have not provided the detailed information. You can call the above number to confirm.

Me:Ok, Thank you very much for your time!

Rate and Discover Movies