5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and satisfied!
Published 8 months ago by ghostreader

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading
The ad said drops and spills protection. When I got the details drops and spills were excluded. in fact hardly anything was covered.
Published 14 months ago by John Maresca

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, September 19, 2013
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($400-450) (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rated very poorly on review sites around the internet. MUCH better coverage options available., December 8, 2013
1. Read the pdf carefully. Their contract is written to get them out of paying for a lot of things. NOTHING that the Warrantech people write on the review site is an actual part of the contract. READ THE CONTRACT.

2. Their badge says, "Smart Guard Accidental Protection." Since you're actually payinf for it, this is incorrect. It should either read "Accident Protection" or "Purposeful Protection."

3. Since no one on here has reported back on whether Warrantech follows through with their protection, you'd do well to do a search for reviews. Try a Google search of "Warrantech reviews." You'll find the following:

[...] (2.5 of 5 stars on Yelp)

[...] (Placed 9th out of 10 reviews - you CAN get protection that you don't purchase with your item)

[...] (40 reports filed with Ripoffreports.com)

[...] (357 complaints filed against Warrantech with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Note that the grade on a BBB site is not the best way to judge a company. Here's why: Say you fight with a company for 6 months and finally file a complaint with the BBB. If after a year you finally come to ANY conclusion, the complaint shows resolved, and the negative rating is removed. If the company can show that they have written a contract that shows that you aren't getting the coverage you paid for, the complaint does not go against their score. The company can have a million complaints and still have an A. (See Hughesnet.com's complaints).

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned for refund, October 28, 2013
Policy has an almost unlimited number of exceptions to coverage, including use outdoors, making the policy have little value. Returned the Plan

2.0 out of 5 stars Protection plan, January 5, 2014
Feel it was misrepresented. Received notification by e-mail with no hard copy without printing at home. It appears from reading that the plan only duplicates the manufacturer's warranty and does not cover accidental damage at all. Why call it an "accident protection plan" when it truly is not. I consider it a worthless purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't cover anything., November 27, 2013
After reading the fine print, I can not see how it covers anything. Really wish I hadn't spent the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO Not Purchase this policy, August 28, 2014
I had my new camera one week, took it on vacation and dropped it. The lens stuck open, camera still turned on but could not take a picture. Thank goodness I bought this policy, BUT after calling to file a claim and sending in my camera, immediately upon return of my vacation, first week of June. I still have not received my camera back! I have called every week since first of June and although Smart Guard customer service has been very nice, no one knows where my camera is because someone keyed in wrong camera number upon receiving my camera. When camera is received from Smart Guard it is then sent to Precision Camera. You can NEVER get anyone on phone here. Either voicemail or no answer at all. I am beyond frustrated and just want my camera back. It was a very nice one. This is now almost September and no one can help me. I have yet to receive one phone call in two months updating me on situation. Information comes from me calling every week. I highly suggest not getting this insurance policy. And I promise you, this is first bad review I have every given.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of 50 dollars, November 7, 2014
It's so hard to actually sign up for this warranty I gave up and now I'm not even covered by it. Waste of 50 dollars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, August 22, 2014
floyd paul packard (SAN LEANDRO, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
mistake

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and satisfied!, March 31, 2014
I actually returned this one and purchased a ($600-700) plan as I needed to upgrade the camera I bought it for. It arrived by e-mail the same day I purchased it, which surprised me. I had no problem returning it and receiving my refund. I am very pleased with the entire experience. I haven't had the need to use it yet but if this experience is anything indication I will be extremely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera insurance, August 1, 2014
i am glad i purchased extra insurance for my camera investment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›