5.0 out of 5 stars This means I can accidentally flush my camera?
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

When you've got 4 kids and three of them are under the age of 7, it's a pretty good idea to get insurance.
Published 7 months ago by marya

1.0 out of 5 stars Entire purchase does not appear to be covered.
Published 9 months ago by chad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Entire purchase does not appear to be covered., December 28, 2013
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($450-500) (Electronics)
I bought this plan with my purchase of a camera that came with 2 lenses. The lenses cost nearly as much as the camera if bought separately. When registering the plan I found that you can only register the camera on the plan and not the entire purchase even though it is packaged from Nikon as a single product. So apparently if either of the lenses stop working, I am on my on. Also when you read the plan details there is a huge list of things they will not cover. This includes attaching or removing any attachments or peripherals. I would imagine one of the most common types of damage on a camera would occur when changing lenses and this is not covered.

3.0 out of 5 stars Conversation with representative regarding overview of accidental damage coverage/water damage, February 7, 2014
Adam G.
Thank you for contacting SmartGuard Protection. How may I help you today?
Ryan
hello, I purchased the 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($450-500) for my new Sony DSC-RX100 camera
Ryan
i bought this plan to protect the camera in case of accidental damage from daily use
Ryan
i plan to use this camera on a vacation in a few weeks during scuba diving
Ryan
i purchased an underwater housing to protect the camera; however, with this, there is always the risk the housing may fail and the camera could become wet and malfunction
Ryan
if this were to happen, would this smart guard protection plan cover the resulting damage?
Adam G.
That is a very good question! Before I can answer, I must ask, was the housing made by sony as well?
Ryan
no. the manufacturer is XCSOURCE and the housing is called Waterproof Underwater Housing Case for Camera Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 LF208
Adam G.
Ok, one moment while I research one fact, please.
ok
Adam G.
Thank you for your patience. In this particular case, it would not be covered for the following reasons - the camera is not designed for underwater use, and the cover not made by the manufacturer specifically to allow that use; so unfortunately no, we could not cover that use.
Adam G.
However, a camera designed for underwater use *would* be covered for water intrusion
Ryan
ok thank you for clarifying. now in the instance, the camera was dropped during regular use on land and suffered damage from water or from the fall itself, would that be covered under this plan?
Adam G.
Yes, that would indeed be a covered incident!
Ryan
great. thank you very much for clarifying
Adam G.
My pleasure! Might I assist with any other questions at this time?
Ryan
i believe that covers all my issues. thank you for your assistance
Adam G.
Thank you for contacting the SmartGuard Protection, and have a great day!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope the plan works if I ever need it, March 29, 2014
The product description says, "100% Parts and Labor Coverage PLUS Accidental Damage".
Received a list of exclusions AFTER purchasing, which seems disingenuous as it appears this plan does not cover 100% of any damages.

Verbatim from the plan confirmation email:

"There are several important coverage exclusions of which you should be aware. Please refer to the Full Terms and Conditions for a complete list of all exclusions:

Pre-existing conditions or unauthorized repairs
Used items, floor samples, or products sold "As-Is"
Outdoor furniture
Products used in a commercial setting without a commercial plan
Damages resulting from exposure to outdoor elements
Damages from acts of nature or acts of God
Animal or insect infestation
Rot, rust, and mold
Theft and customer abuse or intentional damage
Other exclusions as listed in the Exclusions section of your terms and conditions."

1.0 out of 5 stars what protection, June 27, 2014
You feel good? its a good deal right? well yes, it would have been a good deal if
they would plan to spend at least a penny!
You think that your Camera is damaged they will pay you a penny? No!! They are not waiting for any claim! They want to give insurance to everyone as long as they dont have to pay anything. Your item is dropped, you call them, they find a way to fool you and will never respond to you!
My camera was damaged and I called them. They did not pay saying that this type of damage is not covered! I called them several times and the person who answers the phone just repeats the same sentences, he says this is what they told him (i.e., no matter what I say, he can only repeat the same stuff! ) So beware
I think this company can have a patent on how to get rid of all claims!
Note: All good reviews correspond to customers who never had to use the protection!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully turns out to be okay, November 13, 2013
Protection Plan was very easy to register. Although, it seemed a little vague with the products information. Once I filled in a generic description of it and hit submit, it let you review the product details and there was a section for the serial number to be filled in. I thought I missed it so went back and there was no place to fill it in. I hope that doesnt pose a problem in the future if i ever have to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This means I can accidentally flush my camera?, March 25, 2014
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insurance, May 27, 2014
They people issuing these policies seem to want to help. I am hoping to not have to use them but it does feel good to know I have the protection.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, April 18, 2014
Received promptly. E everything was written easily to understand and read. It's digital so you don't have to wait for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind, February 21, 2014
It is a great way to protect a valuable item against the unfortunate event of an unforeseen accident or mishap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan and Registration, December 30, 2013
Great plan and easy to register. Great way to keep your purchase covered from any mishap and at a very good price

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›