5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the protection plan.
Have to get the plan as the warranties usually don't do much for the item anymore. Haven't used this plan yet as I am careful with such an expensive item. Used this plan with another TV I bought a couple years ago and I was completely satisfied with the service.
Published 1 month ago by Heath Adler

2.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service Concerns
Published 4 months ago by Gina G.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service Concerns, November 27, 2013
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($500-600) (Electronics)
I am currently considering buying a Canon EOS Rebel T3i from Amazon but want a good protection plan to go with it. I have compared Protection Plans from other places and this is by far the best price. However, I wanted to know what the process would be in the event my camera required repair. In addition to other info, I asked if I could take the camera somewhere locally, or had to ship it, etc. I called Smart Guard and they provided a website that they said would provide me all the details. I went to the website and could not locate any information at all. I asked her to walk me through the website and help me locate the info. She said to click on terms and conditions. When I clicked on terms and conditions, it congratulated me on my purchase and did not give me any details as to where I would take my camera in the event it required repair. I repeatedly asked her for assistance and even asked for her to let me talk to someone that was familiar with the website and could provide better info. After a considerable length of time and frustration, she finally told me that they would provide a box for me to ship it and I would have to pay for the cost of shipping. Given the poor customer service provided, combined with the fact that I would have to pay shipping cost, I am considering buying the camera elsewhere as I don't want the possibility of dealing with this again. Best Buy is currently advertising the camera for $50 more. Their warranty is only 3 years and I believe it may be slightly higher in price. However, Best Buy indicated that I would not have to pay for shipping in the event that the camera required repair. I would have to take the camera to the store and I believe a decision for repair or replacement would be made at that time. I am a regular customer of Amazon and have always had great customer service from Amazon. I hope they offer more protection plans in the future as I would buy the camera without hesitation from Amazon if Smart Guard's plan didn't concern me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Read the fine print., November 28, 2013
I actually returned this policy and got a refund. When I printed the policy out, there was like one paragraph telling you what they would cover and 2 pages detailing what was NOT covered! Definitely not worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the protection plan., February 24, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Initial Customer Service, February 14, 2014
When I initially tried to register the camera and 2 lenses I bought as a bundle, I was dismayed that I was allowed to enter only one item. I sent feedback directly to the seller, and received a reply WITHIN 90 MINUTES with instructions to register the kit! I feel much better now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought a GO Pro Camera and also paid for the Smart Guard Protection Plan., March 13, 2014
I have a Go Pro Camera and paid for the Smart Guard Protection Plan. I went on a cruse and went scuba diving using the same case as four other divers used and my camera flooded and killed my camera. I went to both Go Pro and to Smart Guard and neither one will stand up and take care of this. So I am out around $400.00. DON'T BUY SMART GUARD THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

2.0 out of 5 stars Here's the fine print., February 26, 2014
Maeve O. (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
So many others have said things along the lines of "I don't know if this is good, but I'm glad I have it" - not particularly helpful...

I ended up buying it because the price was right. I found the fine print after I had purchased, and wished I had seen it before hand. It's not covered from "Acts of God" which are usually stipulated to be weather-related problems (e.g. if your house is flooded and your product is damaged, they can claim the flood was an act of god). Personally, I like my insurance policies to be atheist.

Here's what's NOT covered:
Pre-existing conditions or unauthorized repairs
Used items, floor samples, or products sold "As-Is"
Outdoor furniture
Products used in a commercial setting without a commercial plan
Damages resulting from exposure to outdoor elements
Damages from acts of nature or acts of God ******
Animal or insect infestation
Rot, rust, and mold
Theft and customer abuse or intentional damage
Other exclusions as listed in the Exclusions section of your terms and conditions

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure WHAT it covers!, March 11, 2014
Renee (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews
I was planning to buy a camera and accident coverage from amazon today - but after reading so many reviews of this plan that read "well, not too sure, but hopefully I won't need it"….I decided to do my own research!! When I went to the smart guard website and started reading what is NOT covered, I couldn't believe it! Here are a few things that are NOT covered under this "Accident Protection Plan". Water damage of any kind - fresh or salt water - due to weather or spillage, by owner or any other person. Damage due to weather exposure - dirt, sand, moisture, etc. Power overload or surge. Accidental damage - physical, mechanical or electrical - due to Dropping. Um, ok, what on earth am I buying a protection plan for if it covers exactly NONE of the potential reasons I would have for needing an accident protection plan?!? The only reason I would buy one is to protect myself against a minor accident like something getting spilled on it, sand or dirt from the playground or beach, or it getting dropped or banged up from being in a bag or backpack. Thanks, but no. I will pay a few dollars more and get a real protection plan from my favorite online camera store. Thanks Amazon - you lost the sale on this one with this terrible plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal, April 11, 2014
Can't go wrong with protection! Great deal. I won't have any worries whatsoever. Highly recommended. Its a very smart buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Just in case, April 3, 2014
Got this for my wife's DSLR camera. Im hoping I dont need to use it but I received it right away and was able to register the camera without issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection Plus, April 1, 2014
I did not realize that my protection plan would come as an email within 24 hours of my purchase. I must have overlooked the email and inadvertently deleted it. I contacted the seller and they were gracious in re-sending my all the information I needed to complete my registration for my camera's protection plan!! Thanks!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›