5.0 out of 5 stars IT A MUST HAVE
great plan my camera dropped and it was fixed in a week i would like to thank all the staff at smart guard
Published 13 months ago by rod

1.0 out of 5 stars Registering product is a pain
I'm trying to register my camera I purchased and it seems to be far more complicated than it needs to be, and it's offering me model numbers that don't exist anywhere on the internet, so I'm not sure exactly what to choose. That right away just makes me angry and regret my purchase of the warranty. I just want to register my Nikon D5300 with the lens.
Published 6 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars IT A MUST HAVE, November 5, 2013
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($800-900) (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Registering product is a pain, June 10, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars what protection, June 20, 2014
You feel good? its a good deal right? well yes, it would have been a good deal if
they would pay you a penny!
You think that your tablet is damged they will pay you a penny? No!! They are not waiting for any claim! They want to give insurance to everyone as long as they dont have to pay anything. Your item is dropped, you call them, they find a way to fool you and will never respond to you!
My camera was damaged and I called them. They did not pay saying that this type of damage is not covered! I called them several times and the person who answers the phone just repeats the same sentences, he says this is what they told him (i.e., no matter what I say, he can only repeat the same stuff! )
They will never pay anything and you lose your money!
See the reviews here:

so beware

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, August 27, 2013
Good value.easy to buy and register.good phone help.felt comfortable buying through Amazon.good coverge for accident and damage. Peace of mind

1.0 out of 5 stars read the fine print, November 6, 2013
After I purchased the package, I get a email with detailed description of how plan works including some fine prints. There are many exclusions in the fine print that make the deal not worth buying for me. I had to return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Still haven't been able to activate it, August 21, 2013
I followed the directions on the e-mail to activate my 4 year warranty, but could never complete it.
Will try one more time and then try to find contact info. Could not see any contact info after trying to activate the warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars A necessary addition to your DSLR purchase, January 11, 2014
There seem to be lot of exclusions with respect to acccidental damage, which made me iffy while buying.
I am yet to use anything from the warranty. This is not a rating based on using this warranty but I think purchasing this warranty makes sense when you make a >500$ purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars 12/8/14 I never received the email when I originally purchased ..., December 8, 2014
12/8/14 I never received the email when I originally purchased the product. A year later, the camera I bought is having problems which are covered under the warranty. I called Friday to start the process, and after sitting on hold for nearly 40 minutes my call was finally taken. The guy said since I hadn't registered my product I would have to wait and have the email resent, which could take 48 hours. After I register the product I will get a pin. Then I can submit a new claim. After submitting the claim then the company that will fix it will mail me a box (which can take 3 days). Then I mail the camera in and get it repaired.

Never got the email.

I called back 3 days later and was only on hold about 2 minutes. The girl who answered apologized that I never received the email and has offered to register my product and resend the email so we can get a claim started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 28, 2014
This was easy to sign up for and I am thankful for the piece of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service - Great Protection Plan, November 20, 2014
Jay M Parsons (Orlando, Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Canon EOS Rebel T5i. It was easy and quick to get my product registered. I had a question about registration and the online chat help service answered my question very quickly and politely. If you purchase a camera I recommend this protection plan.