5.0 out of 5 stars Company made things right.
Bought this protection for a camera bundle, but when we registered it online, it would only allow 1 (single) item... so we covered the camera (but not the rest of the bundle, even though protection pricing was based upon the bundle). I was upset, and left a review stating as much. Within 2 days the company called me, and volunteered to cover the entire bundle.
Published 11 months ago by Kindle Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Trickery in what can be protected.
Published 8 months ago by Kike001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Trickery in what can be protected., March 25, 2014
This review is from: 4-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan ($900-1000) (Electronics)
I feel this company tricks the customer as to what is actually covered. I bought a camera together with the lens, not separate. When I try to register the plan, the website will only allow me to register either the camera or the lens but not both of them. In the end you are forced to choose to cover only the most expensive piece of the equipment while leaving a significant amount without any protection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, They Won't Really Cover Your Claim, July 2, 2014
I wish I could leave negative stars... Beware, if you have to have something replaced, understand the following:

1. You need tell them exactly what happened. "I don't know how it broke" and "Normal wear and tear" are NOT covered under this plan.

2. If you have your product less then a year, you automatically have to return it to the manufacturer. Then, they use the manufacturer's denial as a part of their denial (Mind you, you have to document things step-by-step.

3. Take good notes on your phone calls (names, dates, etc). Different people have different information. Potentially, I may have gotten farther with my claim if I would have done this.

In my case, a lens no longer attaches to my camera. Because I do not know how it happened, both the manufacturer and smart guard are denying the claim (not an expensive one either, a $70 fix). Smart guard is denying it without even looking at the piece, and has given me the run-around (3 phone calls all with different information as well as instructing me to call the manufacturer twice). I have wasted so much time trying to get this fixed, my hourly would cover the new lens at this point. Save your money, SmartGuard is stupid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Company made things right., December 14, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars The reality of camera..., March 29, 2014
The Pros: you can purchase it up to 30 days after you bought your camera. Customer support is nice. Their website is a little primitive but overall, nice. Price is good but...

The Cons: As other people have pointed out, based on my understanding, the item can only be serviced once, and the exclusion list is long as to "accidental damage." It just was not for me, it was easy to cancel.

The reality... The camera is not going to be worth $900-1000 in 2 years, it'll be worth half. It will be cheaper for them to replace it with the same model refurbished than have any expectation of getting a new one at the full insured price.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, June 30, 2014
I am still waiting for the plan to be sent me

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, March 19, 2014
When investing ~ $1,000 in a good camera, which I hope to get many years of enjoyable use from, I decided to purchase an extended warranty plan. I shopped around and found this to be the best-cost/most-reputable option.

3.0 out of 5 stars I returned it., January 23, 2014
Item was returned because the total amount of the merchandise to be insured was greater than the insurance amount. The transaction was easily facilitated. Good vender. Fair transaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera protection plan, March 19, 2014
Customer service was nice. Like it though I haven't used it so far. Hope it will cover my product when I need it later on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera protection plan, January 29, 2014
I have not had to use the plan yet and hope I don't have to. But in reading the plan, I like the protection it offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, May 13, 2014
Luckily I haven't had to use it yet. Documentation provided looks to make it easy to file a claim if ever needed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›