5.0 out of 5 stars Get your questions about eternity answered!
Published on December 29, 2012 by Kimmie Antares 451

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get past page 10
By page 10 I had read too many things that made me skeptical, and had a deep suspicion that this was either a fictitious work, or a fantasy from a delusional mind. Or both.
Published 7 months ago by Jeff K

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your questions about eternity answered!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: 40 Days in Heaven: The True Testimony of Seneca Sodi's Visitation to Paradise, the Holy City and the Glory of God's Throne (Paperback)
This book is out of this world. I have been searching out and reading books from all over the world on the topic of trips to heaven, hell, and the afterlife for nearly three decades now. This book is probably in the top 1% from this genre. All the deeper questions about eternity in heaven and with Christ are explored in great detail. The whole time I read this book, I felt that I was caught up into another realm beyond this dull, dark earth. Seneca Sodi experienced his "40 days" in Heaven around 1909, and cites meetings with Moses (whom he describes as rather tall, flaxen white hair and beard, but without any age or wrinkles as we would normally think him to have), Joshua, King David, as well as the archangel Michael. Perhaps deepest of all are his meetings with Jesus Christ. Seneca also discusses heaven in detail: the fruits on the trees, the perfect flowers, the beautiful music, golden chariots that whiz the inhabitants around at lightning speed. Most important to me is that the information checks out and agrees in every way with the BIble. One part I found particularly fascinating was Seneca's discussion with Moses on the creation of the Earth in "6 days". As I have long suspected (being from a geology background), Moses explains that in eternity and with God, a thousand years is as a day, and describes that these 6 "days" were actually much longer (many epochs, if you will). Many of my questions regarding the mysteries of the Bible, including insight into the Transfiguration and the long-awaited Resurrection of our earthly bodies in the Last Day, are explored in shocking and clear detail. A must read for those who discern and seek with all their hearts a deeper relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and His mysteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and healing book. A must have., January 25, 2013
Feeling the pain of someone who has passed away leads you to look for answers as to what happens to them. This is about a man who went to heaven, how he left earth, the travel from earth to heaven, and the time he spent in heaven. All of it fits together very nicely and it seems to be VERY biblically based. Of course every person will have a personal point of view but most of seems to fit.

The part where some people were objecting was the part I was specifically looking for. The complaints are pure bunk and racist in motivation, people specifically looking for trouble. There are no colors in heaven right now. All or most are spirits, and the sprits inside us are all the same. When we get our resurrected bodies, our glorified bodies - THEN we have real bodies and they should at that time reflect our nationality and skin color. people complaining that is absent from heaven now are just looking for trouble in my opinion, and their opinion is moot.

There will be some things any of us will have a problem with, but they are very very minor. I personally have a problem with the harps. But maybe the policy will be changed by the time I get there - lol.

What this book clearly shows is that Heaven is the real thing and the earth here and now is a shadow of the real thing. There are streets, hiways, buildings with elevators, trains, you kiss your wife or husband, there is a country side and so on. The experience also seems to bear out that there are cars and other interesting things. It makes sense. Heaven isn't a floaty cloudy place, but a real country. In fact, it seems to confirm that Paradise has joined with Heaven and the main part of the place is the Holy City which is described in the Bible and it is surrounded by mileage of land around it on the outside of the 12 pearl gates. People arrive on the land outside the Holy City - yes Jesus is there too - at designated arrival "stations". people arrive at different levels of knowledge of Grace and the finished works of Jesus. Those that need to be taught more will have to learn about the finished works Jesus did for us before entering the Holy City and going into the Throne Room of God. In my opinion, you aren't going to go into the Throne Room without knowing it was all Jesus completed works as the whole reason you are there and none of the works that we did. Foreign theologies are not going to be happening or welcomed into the throne room. No one will stand in there thinking it was their doing that got them their. This will all be learned in Paradise and all will be brought up to speed the theology God wants us to know.

This book helps us to understand that people we would not think to be in Heaven are really there. They may have wasted their whole lives and will see that point when there, but at least they arrived. The book does not teach universal salvation, but makes a point of Jesus and folks accepting Him as the focal point of going to Heaven. The theology is solid and you don't have to read it with an apprehensive heart. it isn't perfect, there are things that I don't agree with, but then i haven't been there yet :)

The peacefulness this book conveys about death is priceless. It causes you to be MUCH more heavenly minded and looking forward to arriving there yourself. it also helps you to understand that a departed loved one was "picked up" in a limousine form (modern vernacular) and driven to an entry port on the outer lands of paradise. Everyone seems to have an urgent desire to go to the Throne Room to visit God at His throne, but people need to be prepared for that to happen. but the message in the book is the urge is strong.

The visit to Heaven lets us know it is much like going to visit a far away city. Yet the surprising thing is how very close the "planet" of heaven really is to the earth. I remember a flight from Miami to Jacksonville Florida. About as soon as we reached normal flying altitude se started our decent to fly into the JAX airport. It gives you the same feeling, about as you leave earth the arrival to heaven starts to happen and it seems they never left our own solar system.

There is so much more to tell you. The book is almost like a manual to what Heaven is like and there are a few surprises in it too. it can help understand what happens the moments after someone dies, and will happen to you when you die. It brings a new meaning to Jesus making attempts over and over to say to believers that when we die we are sleeping and not dead. The body goes to sleep, and we start the most incredible trip of our lives at that very point in time.

I highly recommend this book in a serious way to people who are ready to "leave" or to people who have just experienced a loved one just having left. Death's stinger really gets a crushing with this book. The Holy Spirit can use it to bring peace to our hearts by understanding so much about heaven. Everyone may not receive this book with an open heart, but those that will, will find a jewel worth finding.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truley blessed experince by sharing a trip with Seneca Sodi's adventure in Heaven, August 1, 2013
I think it was one of the most wonderful books I have ever read. It made me feel like I was in heaven at times. Oh, I can hardly
wait until the lord calls me home, and he only touched just a pebble on the sea shore. A wonderful book for non Christians to read too, it will make you want to search for God and his wonderful promises. It has made a new Person out of me. We read about all of this in the Bible but we don't take time to really understand what it actually says. After reading the book and going back to search the scriptures it Is so much more real than before. Now when I sing God's praises I really let the words sink in, before I just sang so many of them without listening to what the words were. Now I feel as though I am really praising God when I sang. Thanks to Seneca Sodi's for sharing his story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Stop whatever you are doing and order this book right now. I mean it. What a reality shocker!, April 1, 2014
Okay. So who knew? I would get this book and not want to put it down for a minute. As I read this book, Scriptures became ALIVE to me, and I would look at the Holy Book of God (of which they have access to faithful copies in Heaven) in a whole new light. God has an earthly mission for each and every life as it is yielded to His will. Be inspired to find out God's will is, and do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, January 1, 2014
Although some may question whether this story of a man visiting heaven and returning is a true story, the fact remains that the story enlarged my mind so that I had tools for comprehension of the Bible that I did not have before. This book is wisdom from a hundred years ago, and is pertinent to those who can see truth today.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT - Acts 2:17 & Joel 2:28., July 3, 2013
Another amazing experience the Lord Jesus Christ has chosen to bless Rev Elwood Scott with, in relation to Acts 2:17 & Joel 2:28. I highly recommend this book to everyone! Along with "My Time In Heaven" by Sigmund Richard these are two books I refer to many times (including holy scripture of course) to help buoy me up, give me hope and share knowledge to uplift and strengthen those around me. The Second Coming of the Lord is a lot closer than we realize. Because good and evil are becoming so much more polarized in the world than ever before, God, in His wisdom, goodness and mercy is giving hundreds of people of different denominations, cultures, beliefs systems, races, etc, with visions, dreams, near death and spiritual experiences to help in the balancing act of these last days. Now is the time to prepare and put our lives in order so we can be ready to meet Him at that great day of His return to earth.Check out youtube.com and spiritlessons.com for more incredible online testimonies/viewing. Blessings.

5.0 out of 5 stars 40 Days in Heaven, November 2, 2012
Excellent book, I really enjoyed this book. I have read many books on Near Death Experiences (NDE) and this book has alot more details about heaven. Can you imagine a city that has 1500 square feet each way with 400,000 sections? Would you love to ride with King David and the prophets of old? This is a must read book if you want to know what goes on in heaven, and it is not boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Revelations!, November 2, 2013
This is a book that will captivate your interest from the start and hold it throughout!
A great deal of what is in other books on Heaven is found here, but along with that is
so much more--like what was said by some of the saints of old.
Almost I felt like I was also there partaking in the worship service and hearing the
Lord Jesus Christ Himself delivering a very timely message which would be even
more relevant to the Church in this day in which we are now living.
"When the son of man comes, will He find faith on this earth?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightenment, December 23, 2012
Reading this book is a door way in elevating my mind and spiritual connection with the MOST HIGH. This book made me realize that we are light beings and death isn't the end, its actually the beginning. In addition, we must be like God and live in love with one another,uphold morality,forgive one another, and stay away from the materialistic world, if we don't do so then we will never ascend in our spiritual quest of knowing GOD. Right now i have learned that my soul is immortal and that the Father has a Paradise place for me. I don't fear death or anything on this earth anymore. My reasons for being on this world is to teach my neighbors about GOD and his promise, but most importantly to help the less fortunate. May You all attain spiritual ascension so we can be happy in Paradise with the SUPREME BEING.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book, May 22, 2011
I enjoyed this book. I found it interesting and believeable. I believe that Mr Sodi really died, experienced heaven, and came back to tell about it. I felt like it answered a few Questions about heaven.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›