4.0 out of 5 stars Won Over A Skeptic Like Me
This is a daily devotional based on the author's book, The 4:8 Principle: The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life (based on Philippians 4:8 in the Bible). The idea is to transform thoughts from negative to positive as the apostle Paul encourages believers to do in that verse.

I'm not naturally a "Pollyanna" type personality and confess that books like this tend to...
Published on October 7, 2012 by Books and Chocolate

3.0 out of 5 stars You'll get out of it what you put into it
How badly do you want to change your life?

During my "past life" in direct sales, I read countless self-help books. But I can tell you, reading a book is not going to change your life. Only YOU can do that, of course with God's help. My point to my prelude is this: Change takes effort, focus, a ton of hard work and a lot of prayer.

So, if you are...
Published on October 2, 2012 by Victory Girl

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life, October 8, 2012
This review is from: 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life: Living the 4:8 Principle (Paperback)
40 Days to a Joy-filled Life: Living the 4:8 Principle is an easy read and quickly helps you to set your sights on finding JOY in your day. The key principle is to take time for yourself to spend some time with God. Tommy Newberry has offered a guideline for reconnecting your heart to what truly fills us with joy. The hard part will be to put this book down because once you start on this journey you won't want to stop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing!, October 7, 2012
Pilar Arsenec (New York/New Jersey) - See all my reviews
Life can bog you down with all the negativity. Every time you turn around there is some depressing story on the news.

You walk down the street and there is a sea of sad faces. You go to work and everyone looks disgruntled.

I wish I had a box of "40 Days to a Joy Filled Life" and hand them out to everyone I know who is unhappy. This is a really wonderful book.

What I so appreciate about this book is that it's biblical. The premise of this book is based on the verse, Philippians 4:8. The author Tommy Newberry refers to it as, "Living the 4:8 Principle".

"40 Days to a Joy Filled Life" is a daily interactive workbook. I found it to be quite informative with loas of helpful tips and pointers to live a joy filled life every day.

I highly recommend it and want to give this book to everyone I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready to change your life!, October 6, 2012
I describe myself as a realist, always concerned with getting the real read on a situation. After reading Tommy's newest book, I've learned there is a better, more positive approach that allows one to be both real and joyful. There are many lenses through which we might choose to view life, and I feel happiest when I choose a lens that produces joy-filled thoughts. This book is the perfect follow-up to Tommy's original 4:8 Principle book. What I love about this book is that it guides the reader through exercises that help one immediately begin implementing the daily lessons. Each day's lesson only takes a few minutes to complete, and applying these lessons consistently will improve your outlook, focus, and life satisfaction. I highly recommend this book to busy people who want to find more joy in themselves and in the world around them. The principles are Biblically-based. The results are absolutely uplifting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Incredible! A joy to read!, October 5, 2012
This is the most inspirational book on creating joy! The content captives and the exercises create change! Each day leaves you excited to see what tomorrow brings, and when you are done, you'll want to start over! It is a must read for anyone that wants to create more JOY in their lives and those around them!

4.0 out of 5 stars 40 Days -Well worth your time, October 5, 2012
Just finished Tommy Newberry's new book and I have already ordered 40 to share with family, friends, and in ministry. Although not a fan of self-help or positive thinking books, this is a solid, easy to read, Biblical book with truths that will greatly improve anyone's life and attitude who reads it and applies it, great for Christian study groups and churches. This will be a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration meets practicality, October 5, 2012
Derenda (Clinton, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
Tommy Newberry's newest book, 40 Days to a Joy Filled Life, inspires and instructs simultaneously. Tommy Newberry has taken a powerful message and broken it down into daily, very do-able steps. Each day is loaded with insight, and then follows with some simple, but motivating and thought provoking ways to incorporate these truths into daily life. The basic premise, that our thought lives affect how much joy and contentment we experience, seems obvious but elusive to most of us. This book helps, encourages and coaches us thru learning to make small changes that change lives. The beauty is that as we make these small changes, it changes not only our lives, but those around us. I am already recommending this book, and gifting it, to many people I know, including my clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Changer, October 4, 2012
Having previously read The 4:8 Principle, I was extremely excited to read 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life by Tommy Newberry. Newberry just has a way of exposing common sense life situations in a way that change the reader's whole way of thinking.
40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life is definitely a practical extension of The 4:8 Principle. But the greatest thing is those who have read The 4:8 Principle will benefit tremendously from 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life, as well as those who haven't read the previous book.
Newberry's book takes readers on a 40-day experience that will expose many areas that most people don't think about on a daily basis. Each chapter (day) includes a short synopsis (a 10-minute read), an exercise and a prayer. Each chapter is so easy to read and comprehend, and each exercise is so doable and won't take a huge chunk of the day.
Most Americans' schedules are so hectic, and sometimes it's hard for them to find time for themselves, much less find time for self-improvement. But Newberry's book takes readers step-by-step and guides them to increasing their happiness, self-esteem, spiritual life and so much more. And the best of all, just as the title suggests, the book helps readers increase their potential for joy.
I cannot say enough good things about 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life. I also cannot recommend this book enough. It is a small statement to say this book has changed my life. Thank you Tommy Newberry for putting these life changing words and thoughts on paper and sharing them with the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coach Tommy does it AGAIN!, October 4, 2012
I get excited every time I hear Tommy is putting out another project and this book is proving to be a MASTERPIECE! A great follow up to the 4:8 Principle, Tommy lays out a simple yet impactful way to begin implementing God's principles into your daily life! After only a few days you begin to feel the transformation as one day builds upon the other. My wife and I are exacted to see where we are as a couple in 40 days. If you read this and act on it; it will change your life! It's a MUST HAVE for anyone on the journey to self discovery and willing to work to create the life God has in store for them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Great Lent!, October 4, 2012
I received an advanced copy of this book for review purposes and tried to read through it quickly in order to do the review. However, the further I got, the more I realized that this is not a book to speed read through, but rather one to slow down one's pace and savor each chapter. Each chapter does not actually take a lot of time, but it gives you plenty to contemplate throughout the day. The exercise at the end of each chapter is a practical way of letting joy take a deeper hold on your heart. Forty days of meditating on the different nuances of joy is an amazing way to retrain your heart and mind to live a more abundant life. This has life-changing potential. It is a wonderful way to prepare for Thanksgiving. I'm also planning to reread this book during Great Lent, a most special time of joyful sorrow, a time to fast from negative critical thoughts and feast on thankfulness and joy. I highly recommend it - after all, who doesn't want more joy in their life??

5.0 out of 5 stars 40 Days to Change Your Life!, October 4, 2012
After reading the 4:8 Principle 4 times I wanted more. 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life: Living the 4:8 Principle gave me more and continues to day in and day out. Following the principle's to God's Word open's the doors for the Holy Spirit to work!

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life: Living the 4:8 Principle
40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life: Living the 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry (Paperback - October 2, 2012)
$14.99 $13.49