Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 40 Days and 40 Nights: Taking Time Out for Self-Discovery
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 17, 2005
I never liked journaling and found no use for it, except feeling stupid and having nothing that seemed significant to write about. THIS BOOK turns THE NON-JOURNALER INTO A WRITER by helping you work through your feelings with prompts and ideas that really make you think. After just 8 days into the 40 I made some major realizations and had to stop myself from rushing through it. But the main idea of the book is to help you to slow down and listen to yourself.
on April 22, 2007
I had this book for three years and had not used it. While in India for one month, I decided to give the book a try. It was the best journal to write in at the best time possible. It helped to change my life. I absolutely love it! The questions are thought provoking and there are a few things that you might not want to write about. You will find some of the questions a little tough to answer, but the insight you will gain from writing about "scary" topics is amazing. As you complete the journal you will find out so much about yourself and what is really important to you.
on January 28, 2007
This book came to me at the best time. I love it! Segalove writes with experience, guiding you through many realizations and breakthroughs,nudging you along. I very much recommend it.
on February 15, 2016
I am currently reading this book and working on my 40 day journey. I like that the questions force you to look inside yourself and see what is going on in your life. I also enjoy the mental/physical exercises it recommends on a daily basis. It is nice to take a few minutes a day to focus on me, my thoughts, and my intentions. I am enjoying it so far and would recommend it.
on January 28, 2016
This book is a must for beginner journalers or for those that have not journaled in a while and trying to find their footing. This book was purchased for a friend that was going through a life crises. It helped me during mine several years ago and it got me back on my path to journaling. I like to give it as a gift as it really helps you think and allows you to be alone with your thoughts. Poses questions that you may not want to answer but you need to start you on your way. My friend has called me several times to thank me for giving her 40 Days and 40 Nights. I purchase them a lot for the young girls I mentor as well. This is a book that I will continue to give a gift. I can't recommend it enough.
on July 3, 2007
I have been doing this guided journal for a little over 20 days and I love it. It has really helped me to get down with who I really am. Often, we don't have time to sit down and think about ourselves and what means most to us. This helps tremendously. I would reccommend it for anyone who feels they have something to work on in life.
on February 26, 2016
This oic is awesome. It helped me so much I've bought several copies as gifts for friends who are going through rough time & need a little help with self discovery.
on April 15, 2008
I purchased this book as a gift for a friend whose birthday is just a few days after my own. I bought one for myself as well, and we agreed work on it at the same time in order to inspire each other to stick to it. It's a great idea, and a nice gift for those who don't normally journal. (I do, but she doesn't.) The process of completing the book gave us something to talk about.
on October 11, 2014
I bought this book thinking that it was filled with Christian inspirations to help with my journaling. Instead it is one of those new age books and I'm really not into that kind of thing. What threw me off was the fact that it mentions Biblical things but when I read further it had some suggestions and ideas that I just don't agree with.