Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 400 Best Sandwich Recipes: From Classics and Burgers to Wraps and Condiments
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 18, 2011
This is an incredible book for people on the go. I've never seen a recipe book that had so much to offer. There are incredible new combinations which I never thought to make, and there is such a variety from international flavors to incredible variations on classic sandwiches. Alison Lewis has done an incredible job putting together a "bible" on sandwiches. There are 90 grilled cheese recipes, but they aren't your typical grilled cheese sandwiches (but those are included too). What do I mean? How about a peach and brie grilled cheese? Makes my mouth water thinking about it.

This is one of the best cookbooks for the money. It's for adults and children alike. You could make one for dinner every night of the year and never have to think about what you will prepare for your meal. Kids can make them also. There are simple sandwiches and gourmet sandwiches and even dessert sandwiches which sound yummy.

Check out this book. You will be so glad you did.

I cannot wait to see Alison's next creation.

For more incredible recipes from Alison, check out her website too: [...]. Alison offers great lifestyle tips on her site as well.
on April 14, 2011
I like sandwiches so a whole cookbook devoted to them is one I know I'll use. There are many categories in this cookbook including breakfast, appetizers, lunch box, classics, grilled cheese , burgers, wraps, international sandwiches, regional American sandwiches, and light and healthy. There is also a chapter of condiment recipes and one for desserts.

This book has many unique ideas that inspire the reader to think beyond the usual mayo and lettuce to using things such as fruit and roasted red pepper aioli. I always appreciate color photos in a cookbook and some are included in this one. The only recipe I had a chance to try so far is the Huevos Rancheros Wrap, a breakfast egg sandwich. I had to make a few substitutions using what I had on hand but it was a good recipe that I would enjoy for any meal. Other recipes that appealed to me include bacon, mushroom and swiss croissant; tarragon chicken salad, grilled feta and turkey, buffalo chicken wraps, fried green tomato sandwich, and get this: a chocolate turtle panini!

I like this cookbook for all the ideas and because sandwiches are great for family meals and can be customized to each person's taste and appetite.

I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher but the opinion of it is my own and was not solicited nor was a positive review required.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 23, 2011
This book contains most sandwich recipes and instructions that you would need. There are not really very unusual sandwiches or very many varieties from around the world, except in one section, where they seem to be Americanized versions; but you could find something for almost any taste here.
There are tips on making the sandwiches in general, shortcuts, making ahead and storing. Recipes include; breakfast, appetizers, lunch box, classics, grilled cheese varieties, burgers, wraps, international, regional, light and healthy, condiments and desserts.

The recipes in the appetizer section are especially good and would help in many entertaining occasions. Try the homemade mayonnaise for a treat. There are only 3 four page colour picture sections and some sandwiches could really use a picture to illustrate what they are supposed to look like. Most recipes have variations included, such as use cinnamon raisin bread or reduced fat cream cheese can be used.

If you love sandwiches or just want some more ideas this is a good book to add to your cookbook
collection.
on September 25, 2014
This is a wonderful cookbook. There are unique sandwich suggestions.
I have tried many and find them all to be good. I liked this book so much
that gave it as Christmas gifts to my girlfriends. I especially like the fruit
used in sandwiches. Pear,apples, figs, raspberries are all used. There are
breakfast sandwiches, lunchbox, seafood, wraps, international, healthy, and
new ways for classics. Apricot, Walnut Blue Cheese (and cream cheese) is
one of my favorites.
on April 3, 2012
I bought two copies of Alison Lewis' 400 Best Sandwich Recipes as gifts. After looking through it, I had to order another book for me. I'm not usually crazy about sandwiches, but I can't wait to get my own book and start making burgers, wraps and condiments. The recipes looks delicious and creative -- not your run-of-the-mill cookbook.
on December 5, 2011
I received this book as a gift and did not use it right away. I had never really thought about a recipe book for sandwiches before. I can't believe I did without it for this long! I was so tired of the same old boring lunches, this book has changed all of that. There are not only brilliant ideas and recipes here, but they are GOOD recipes! My father used to say your food is only as good as your recipe and it is so true. If the recipe's aren't spot on, then your food will not be good no matter how good of a chef you are. This book is the sandwich bible. We have been able to try things we had not previously even thought of, or that we only would get in restaurants. My husband and son are VERY happy I was given this book. Now lunch is an adventure! I confess, we even have an occasional sandwich for dinner somethimes.
on December 10, 2014
Woefully lacking in pictures. Guess I'll just have to use my imagination. Honestly, this would be a 3 or 4 star review if the book was 5 dollars, used, or less. But, seeing as it isn't (on 12/10/2014, using my account, god knows maybe Amazon charges different prices for different people? Who knows, nowadays.) I'm going to just give this 'ok, fine' book a 2 stars...okay fine. 3 stars, next time use more than 20+/- pictures for alllll those sammies.
on October 30, 2014
It's good to have a recipe book that would provide heaps of ideas on sandwiches such as this but I hope there would be a revised version of this recipe book. In a sense that there would be pictures of the finish product (it's motivating to prepare something if you see how it would look like) and nutritional facts included per recipe.
on April 28, 2011
Wow!!!!! What an awesome book!!!!! Creative and interesting!!! I have a new appreciation for sandwiches!!!! Thanks to this recipe book, sandwiches will now be a frequent item on my family's menu. Sandwiches will no longer be considered as the dinner of last resort; this book sheds a whole new light on options for the dinner menu. Hats off to Alison Lewis, the author!!!! Simply amazing!!
on December 11, 2011
My family and I have thoroughly enjoyed this cookbook! Our three children love to cook and create in the kitchen. This book has been great when looking for something fast and easy, but interesting for the whole family. It covers a wide-range of ingredients that will satisfy a variety of tastes. Our favorites include the Banh Mi burgers, the Salmon Sandwich with Sour Cream Dill Sauce and most everything in the "Wraps" chapter. I plan to give several of these cookbooks as gifts this holiday season!