Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: COX 41001 Wexford 10.3-Ounce Cartridge Manual Skeleton Steel Caulk Gun
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 1, 2013
This caulk gun only last as long as any other gun I have purchased in the last year. I use my caulk gun every day, At least 2 - 3 tubes of silicones and 2 tubes of addhesive each day.

Pro's: The gun does not allow the ram to push at a slant like may guns which causes the tubes to split or squish out the bottom. The release works very well and releaves all pressure on tube so no mess out the end. It continued to kind of work after it broke sa I could finish my work.

Con's: Just as the title reads it only last a about 2 months. Due to my heavy daily use the gun started showing signs of where near the top bar brace near the release. It broke in that spot where the wear was starting.

I will not purchase this gun again. I would have like to see it totally wear out from use then it would be worth buying again but not brake.

If you only caulk once twice a year this gun may last forever and would be worth the purchase but not for everyday use.
on December 11, 2013
They used to sell these at my local hardware store but discontinued carrying them & replaced them with cheap garbage. Glad I was able to find a few online. In my opinion simply the best caulking gun out there. Good stroke, stops when it stops and lightweight. The on-board tube popper is nice but cheap plastic and broke after a few uses. No matter that's what loose 16P nails are for.
on August 20, 2015
I won't use ANY other caulk gun, These are the best hands down, I repair drywall and paint so this is with me always, used everyday. I get careless and toss it to the ground when my hands are full and just broke my last one, 14 years old!!!!!!!!
on July 25, 2015
The only caulking gun I will use. Open metal frame makes it light, easy to handle and makes turning the caulking tube easy. Quick release takes the pressure off the contents to minimize oozing, works much better than so called "no drip" guns. Easy to get steady even flow.
on March 13, 2011
I have been a siding contractor for almost 10 years. This caulk gun hands down is the very best of the best. It doesn't look like much but sometimes the most simple design is the best. I get about 4-5 months out of each gun. But for the money thats not to bad. I run about 100 tubes of OSI quad a month.This is the only gun that I can lay the most perfect bead with.(and I have tried them all)
on February 12, 2010
This is a well made and smooth working caulk gun. I'm told that this type doesn't last as long as a rachet type, but I don't think any non-professional ever wore out a caulk gun. Will update in 20 years...
on April 22, 2010
The Wexford Skeleton caulk gun performed exactly as promised! I am always happy with the quality of all the COX caulk guns I have purchased!
on August 11, 2013
This caulking gun is designed obviously for light work. I would recommend this for smaller jobs, and occasional use. Would buy again.
on December 22, 2011
if you are a professional that uses a caulk gun on a regular basis then this is for you. these are the best on the market hands down
on December 16, 2012
I've looked all over for this style of caulking gun and it is the best by for for laying down a bead of silicone.